Thread: 4Runner guys

Time Online: 1 Wk 5 Days 6 Hrs 54 Mins 43 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min

4Runner guys

Hey guys,

I've been going through this site as a guest for awhile now so I thought I'd sign up. I'm sure Jeep guys don't want to hear about my Nissan so I didn't post on the newbie page. I was hoping though that you Toyota guys could answer a question for me. The Toyota aftermarket world is far better than the Nissan world. Parts for me are much more difficult to find. So, having been a long time Toyota guy (2 Cruisers, 4Runner and a Toy 4x4 pick up) and now recently went to an Xterra (yes I know, not the same but I'm having tons of fun with it).

What I'm wondering is: What is the width measurement (in inches) of the stock front bumper? And, what is the measurement from the bottom of the stock grill to the rad support and/or the front bumper support on the frame? I need these measurements on any generation 4Runner. This sounds like an odd request but if I'm going to fit an aftermarket Toy bumper on my X I need to know which generation 4Runner is the closest.

Thanks to all that reply. I really appreciate it and I hope to see your Yotas one day!!!

Time Online: 2 Wks 1 Day 23 Hrs 54 Mins 34 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 19 Secs
    i could measure tommorow but its too late for me now i got a few 4runners
    1991 TOW RIG/DD toyota hilux surf ssr-x turbo diesel JDM SPEC

1982 suzuki sj410 . stock ... no options rides like a slow bag of dicks

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 5 Days 8 Hrs 29 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 38 Secs
    Happy to meet up with you for coffee and you can measure my 2nd or 3'rd gen's some time. Are you in the Core or on the Mountain?
    ....-Noltz
    '91 Frankenheep Edition. 4.0, 4" BDS, Richmond 8.8, 35" KM2's, Titan 12k, ... gone.
    '95 4Runner SR5. Air-Lift bags, OBA & 8K Winch, DD... gone.

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Wks 1 Day 2 Mins 5 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Mins 8 Secs
    Welcome to jeepkings, many yota fans around here.
    Strength is nothing more than how well you hide the pain

Yer hot, wet, and extremely satisfying. You always put a smile on my face and yer the first thing i want in my mouth when i wake up....aaaaaahhhhhh Coffee, my only friend.

See!! I knew I could rely on some Toyota guys!!! ;-) I appreciate you doing that for me chippawatom, that's awesome man. And Noltz I'll take you up on that offer real soon. No shot this weekend though but maybe next? I'm in the eastend of the Hammer but I'm sure one of my other buddies with a Nissan will also wanna hang out too.

Thanks Mayhemic!

I am a Yota fan and have recently become a Nissan fan. I'm really not brand specific in that I don't hate one particular brand. I like them all I just have preferences. It's unfortunate but I've met jerks in every type of wheeling club. It's all about hanging and wheeling with cool people. ;-)

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 5 Days 8 Hrs 29 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 38 Secs
    Not around here. Jeeps, Toyotas, buggies... if it's got a motor, we like it .

I'm working next Saturday, but Sunday I can pop out for a coffee somewhere. Shoot me a PM and we'll find a Tims somewhere.

Time Online: 2 Wks 1 Day 23 Hrs 54 Mins 34 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 19 Secs
    if you go to yotatech.com that where toyota fans live..

the front bumper i can def measure this other measrument you want form the bottom of the grill to the top of the rad??
    does it matter if my truck is a diesel with a bigger rad?

Noltz,
    I'll let you know when it's a good time. It's tough these days with little time between work, truck and holidays!!! This job thing really interferes with my personal life!! ;-) And I just confirmed I'll be buying another truck this week.
    Chippawatom,
    The other measurement is the bottom of the grill to the bottom of the rad (rad support) which I think is right at the bumper support. I'm measuring for a bumper so I need that height measurement off of your truck to know if an aftermarket bumper for your truck will fit mine. Your tape measure should be on an angle as the grill sits out further from the support.
    Thanks guys!

Well, for what it's worth i do own a 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee that i will be selling soon.
    Thanks for the invite!! What sucks is that i'll be working. What time do you guys hang out until? If I'm not too late i'll drive past and see if you guys are still there. If not, next time people!!

Time Online: 1 Yr 3 Mths 2 Wks 4 Days 6 Hrs 6 Mins 44 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 39 Mins 2 Secs
    welcome. as stated above, we don't care what you wheel. post up some pics of your rig.
    WHAT WOULD MACGYVER DO?

2004 rubicon: 12,000 lb titan winch, 35" goodyear wranglers, staang's belly-up skid, cobra 29 cb, highline fenders, trailhead bumpers

http://www.youtube.com/user/onehosereh#p/u

VA3 HWG, OF4WD #5571, RETREAD #1

Time Online: 8 Hrs 52 Mins 52 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs
    Welcome to the site. They do make winch bumpers for xterra's. Here are some links:

http://www.shrockworks.com/Nissan-Xt...-pr-16153.html

http://www.kenmtn.com/html/wincher.asp

87 4Runner SR5, 22RE, SAS, 8" Lift, 36" Super Swampers, 5.29 Gears, E-lockers front and rear
    It's not a diesel....that's just a little engine knock
    OF4WD member# 5707

I appreciate the invite guys. Sorry I couldn't make it I had to work late and I'm on no sleep. I'll post pics soon of my truck for those who may want to see it. I look forward to meeting you guys and I'm sure a couple of my buddies would hang out too.
    And Bigrunner, I've been through those sites. Thanks for clipping them. I find one problem with X's is not only are there limited parts to buy but most end up looking the same. I'm probably going to have a pre-runner style bumper made for it.
    Talk to you guys soon.

Time Online: 3 Days 21 Hrs 13 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 19 Secs
    theres plenty of talented guys out here mabey you could make something unique. come up with an idea . then post what you want. add tow hooks and youre welkome to mud&20 anytime.welcome to the site good to have new faces.
    Bryn; 86 chev k5 blazer

Thanks Bryn, not sure if i mentioned it or not but i just picked up another X from the states and it needs a new front bumper for the importation inspection and the safety. I'm lucky enough to have a buddy who loaned me his original OEM bumper which I'll have tacked on for now. Once it's all cleared i'll look at what bumpers are available out there and either alter it or make one from scratch. The trouble with xterras is they all look the same!!! ;-)
    Talk to you guys soon.