Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lunch Drive to Paris Sun Jan 17

Time Online: 9 Hrs 8 Mins 43 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs

Lunch Drive to Paris Sun Jan 17

I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes to drive the back roads. The weather forecast for next Sunday is for sunshine which should make for a nice drive. My wife (Vickie) and I will be driving the back roads to Camp 31 for lunch in Paris.

If you like to drive the back roads and want to take a nice drive to a nice place for lunch please come along. Will be staging in the Value Village parking lot on Wellington Rd just South of Costco for 10:30 and departing at 11:00. We should arrive at Camp 31 by 1:00. There is a Tim Hortons right beside Costco if you need to grab a coffee on your way to Value Village.

If you would like to check out their menu in advance here is a link to their web site. http://www.camp31.com/

If you are thinking of coming along please post.

If you are going to come along, please arrive with a full tank of gas and an empty bladder.
    Dan aka "The Little Guy"

My rides are a 1999 Sahara & 2005 Vulcan 1600 Classic.

My Mood
    Bored
    Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 3 Days 22 Hrs 1 Min 49 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 50 Secs
    That sounds tempting... but we'd have to meet up with you along the way... what route are you planning?
    Tri City Jeep Club, OF4WD Member,
    2011 JK Unlimited Sahara, 2" Skyjacker, 35's, Sahara Tan <----His
    2000 WJ Ltd , 2" Skyjacker, 32's, Mall Crawler <----Hers

Will be heading to the North end of London then east to Paris along a path that is North of Woodstock and then South down to Paris. If you are "Tricity" then I would think you would be East of Paris which wouldn't provide for a place to meet up along the way of the route I will be taking.

Where would you be coming from?

Time Online: 1 Wk 2 Hrs 37 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 35 Secs
    Post up if you are still going on Sunday. There are quite a few of us on JK that live in the Brantford/Paris area. Lunch at Camp 31 is just down the road from me.
    Greg

My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Danwest View Post

Where would you be coming from?
    I'm actually in Plattsville, so we'd be cutting over to Princeton via Drumbo...

My Mood
    Bored
    OK, just spoke to da wife, and she's pumped... LOL

Also posted to Tri-City in case anybody else in the KW-Cambridge area want to roadtrip.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxmotorsport View Post
    I'm actually in Plattsville, so we'd be cutting over to Princeton via Drumbo...
    The route that I will be taking will be going right through Drumbo (West to East). If you wanted to meet up for the last part of the route you could join up at Drumbo.

Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 4 Days 14 Hrs 27 Mins 59 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 54 Secs
    Oh man I miss Camp 31. A little too far for me to partake but you just got me drooling over the thought of a pulled pork sandwich. One of my favourite places I used to eat at when I frequented the Brantford area.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer1 View Post
    Post up if you are still going on Sunday. There are quite a few of us on JK that live in the Brantford/Paris area. Lunch at Camp 31 is just down the road from me.
    Yes still going. It would be great to meet other Jeepers even if you / they aren't in London.

Since Camp 31 is just down the road from you does that mean you will be walking down?

Quote Originally Posted by NINE-T-1-RENEGADE View Post
    Oh man I miss Camp 31. A little too far for me to partake but you just got me drooling over the thought of a pulled pork sandwich. One of my favourite places I used to eat at when I frequented the Brantford area.
    You will have to post a good spot to eat in your neck of the woods then so at some point I can plan a back road trip there.

My Mood
    Bored
    Shoot me a rough ETA for Drumbo, and we'll figure out a meeting place there.

Shoot me a rough ETA for Drumbo, and we'll figure out a meeting place there.
    I would think around 12:15. Could be as early as 12:00 or as late as 12:30. It depends on traffic and how many actually come with us at the start.

If there are others in the Woodstock area that want to come, the route goes through Innerkip, you could join up there. It be a real hoot to have 20 or 30 Jeeps pull in. Mind you with the many, they should be split into 2 or 3 groups with a Road Captain and Sweeper / Tail Gunner for each group.

My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Danwest View Post
    I would think around 12:15. Could be as early as 12:00 or as late as 12:30. It depends on traffic and how many actually come with us at the start.

If there are others in the Woodstock area that want to come, the route goes through Innerkip, you could join up there. It be a real hoot to have 20 or 30 Jeeps pull in. Mind you with the many, they should be split into 2 or 3 groups with a Road Captain and Sweeper / Tail Gunner for each group.
    So, I'd assume you are coming up Oxford Rd #29? If so, there is a gas station on the left side as you come into Drumbo, We'll be there for a bit before 12, and will be sitting on channel 4, flat black XJ.

Cya then!
    Andrew

So, I'd assume you are coming up Oxford Rd #29? If so, there is a gas station on the left side as you come into Drumbo, We'll be there for a bit before 12, and will be sitting on channel 4, flat black XJ.

Cya then!
    Andrew
    Yes we will be coming up Oxford Rd #29. I don't have a CB so you sitting on channel 4 won't help. I'll be driving a Green & Tan TJ and will keep my eyes open for you in the gas station.

The weather forecast for Sunday is partly cloudy with a high of 4. If anyone from London is planning on coming I thought I would mention I also have an interesting and scenic route planned for the trip back to London.

Will be staging in the Value Village parking lot on Wellington Rd just South of Costco for 10:30 and departing at 11:00. We should arrive at Camp 31 by 1:00. There is a Tim Hortons right beside Costco if you need to grab a coffee on your way to Value Village.

Don't be shy, come on out for a little road trip lunch meet & greet.
    Last edited by Danwest; 01-15-2010 at 06:46 AM.

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 4 Days 20 Hrs 3 Mins 7 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 36 Secs
    Wont be able to go Sunday but will go to camp 31 some time soon sounds like a good eat . You might also want to have a north end spot to meet up as going south might be against the grain for some, Cheers and enjoy Ed

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy-jeepster View Post
    Wont be able to go Sunday but will go to camp 31 some time soon sounds like a good eat . You might also want to have a north end spot to meet up as going south might be against the grain for some, Cheers and enjoy Ed
    Sorry you can't join us Ed. Some of these that I will do will start from the North, others will even start from the East (Admiral Drive & Veterans Memorial Parkway). For that matter, the route I am taking goes right past the Tim Horton's at Admiral and Veterans Memorial Parkway if anyone wants to join up at that point. I appreciate your feedback Ed.
    Last edited by Danwest; 01-15-2010 at 01:06 PM.

Vickie and I enjoyed some back roads and scenery on our way to meet up with Foxmotorsport (Andrew) in Drumbo.

You can tell spring is coming since the stream is already beginning to thaw.

Along the way we thought we saw Sasquatch only to discover it was a burlap and straw man.

In Drumbo we were joined by Andrew and Tracy. Also by Scott, Jen and their infant son Max (I hope I have all the names spelled correctly.

As they say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, Check out Max's shirt.

Since NINE-T-1-RENEGADE couldn't be there I had the Pulled Pork Sandwich in his honour. It was excellent and filling. When Vickie got her's her comment was "How am I gonna get my mouth around that?"

Vickie and I really enjoyed the fellowship of meeting everyone today. Everyone appeared to have enjoyed not only the meal but the trip there as well. It has been requested however that I do find some roads with a little less pavement and a little more snow and mud for the next one. :-)
    Last edited by Danwest; 01-17-2010 at 04:59 PM.

My Mood
    Bored
    Thanks for the tour Dan, we'll have to plan another soon! Was nice to meet you and your wife.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Time Online: 2 Mths 2 Wks 2 Days 22 Hrs 56 Mins 10 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Mins 20 Secs
    Damn the food was good.
    2009 Sahara Unlimited
    2.5 Rough Counrty springs and shocks + 1" spacers
    Jks front and rear adjustable track bars
    Rugged Ridge light bar
    Daystar upper dash panel
    35x12.5x15 trxus MT - Black Rock Rims