Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: worth every penny

Time Online: 20 Hrs 36 Mins 42 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Secs

worth every penny

just looking for some feedback...likes dislikes, ideas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails side view.jpg   jeep.jpg   jeep 1.JPG  

Time Online: 1 Wk 4 Days 8 Hrs 6 Mins 30 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 56 Secs
    Like:

-colour
    - rims
    - tires
    - it is clean

Dislike:

- liscence plate cover in front
    - a pillar lights (only because I like the folding windshield function)
    - faded fender flares
    - stock side steps
    - white walls on tires facing outwards

And it looks a little like the back end is higher than the front, but I am not sure.

Ideas:

- look up the thread about heat treating fender flares, it will make them look like new.
    - you should definately upgrade the front bumper, maybe put a winch in there.
    Last edited by jackson86xj; 01-26-2010 at 02:43 PM.
    -OlllllllO-

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 6 Mths 2 Wks 9 Hrs 22 Mins 29 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 16 Mins 2 Secs
    Feed back on what

What build up is going on here?

Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 4 Days 3 Hrs 34 Mins 19 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 52 Secs
    Likes: Clean appearance, lack of rust, colour combo, Tires, Quick Disconnects.

Impartial: Wheels. I don't "like" them but I don't dis-like them either. They're not bad, whatever suits your style.

Dislikes: T-Case drop, Faded flares, chain license plate frame, front bumper ends, factory "steps".

At the end of the day it's your Jeep. If you're happy with it then keep on keepin' on.

sdeff did not want the white writing on the side walls facing out however had no choice as everythinng from 33's and under had the white letering

as for the TS drop i hate that too, i get hung up on anything and everything...

Since that pic i have added new 7inch flares, delta H4 conversion, vent scoop and hood defflector, braded brake lines, zone adjustable discos annd thats about it....

i had trouble posting the pics of her stock, but its was basically just a stock black 05 tj sport

Answer to the faded flares (i'm getting familiar with this picture):

its barbwire...but thanks.....and da bitches dem luv it...i was going for that offroad meets brampton look..

just be thankfull its not a forest green accord with walmart special hub cap spinners and gold plated kleenex box in the back

yes actualy the other side is black....but if u look closely those are goodyear kevlars, with the tread patter i cannot reveres to tires

Quote Originally Posted by 1ofakind View Post
    with the tread patter i cannot reveres to tires
    Switch them side to side.

Time Online: 6 Days 4 Hrs 34 Mins 42 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 30 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ofakind View Post
    sdeff did not want the white writing on the side walls facing out however had no choice as everythinng from 33's and under had the white letering

as for the TS drop i hate that too, i get hung up on anything and everything...

Since that pic i have added new 7inch flares, delta H4 conversion, vent scoop and hood defflector, braded brake lines, zone adjustable discos annd thats about it....

i had trouble posting the pics of her stock, but its was basically just a stock black 05 tj sport

i have the same tires someone told me that the white HAD to be mounted out so ...but this was after i had them mounted in..so i called good year and they said so long as the tires are all facing the same direction it would be fine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 23.jpg  
    __0_0_0_0
    [l_,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_) ()_)---)_)
    my jeep eats what your hybrid saves!!

Time Online: 2 Mths 3 Wks 1 Day 6 Hrs 9 Mins 6 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Mins 47 Secs
    Very clean I like but I'm with the rest on the dislikes and on your soft top folding technique

yet again another looser...nothing better to do than bash on a forum...i was asking for feedback...structural would be nice...as everyone so far has done....4 inch lift, 1 inch body and some 33 kevlars should do just fine offroading...

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Hulk View Post
    i have the same tires someone told me that the white HAD to be mounted out so ...but this was after i had them mounted in..so i called good year and they said so long as the tires are all facing the same direction it would be fine
    hmmm im gonna have to look further into that....allot said I couldnt run them that way

well you would think so cause if you read the tire it says right on them this side inboard...

so scratch everything i just said ....yes you can mount it with the black out but if you want OPTIMUM performance when off roading you want the white lettering out...my jeep is going in tommorow to have them remounted....stupid osgoode tire

OPTIMUM performance when off roading you want the white lettering out...

so scratch everything i just said ....yes you can mount it with the black out but if you want OPTIMUM performance when off roading you want the white lettering out...my jeep is going in tommorow to have them remounted....stupid osgoode tire
    lol...kk so youve got the white out or in?....bc i was told as you stated it "can" be done but now recomended.....like chugging a 40 of forty creek "can" be done but no recomended....

.I dont do enough hardcore wheeling to justify having the letters out to better my performence....

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 6 Days 15 Hrs 34 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 45 Secs
    I don't mind the look of the white lettering on the outside, but if you did want to change it, you could. Don't know if it's recommended though. You'll have to check to see how much it'll affect your street and off-road performance.

As far as the rest of the Jeep... Get rid of the side steps and that little plastic thing at the base of the front fender flares and get some rock rails. If you don't want to spend the $$$ on an after market bumper, consider just a stinger that mounts to the factory bumper. It'll be for looks only though. A CB antenna will complete the look.
    Last edited by Engineer Joe; 01-26-2010 at 03:32 PM.
    OF4WD Member # 5887

Quote Originally Posted by craveneh View Post
    You`d be surprised what your capable of when your balls are not in someones purse
    For Sale:
    Tan Rear Seat - 2004 TJ | Rear Seat Belt Assembly - Complete

Coming Soon:
    American Racing 172s | Jeep TJ Mopar Add-a-trunk | Roller fairlead + cable | TJ Liftgate Spare Tire Mount w/ Centre Stop-Light | Rubi D44 Factory Diff Cover

Guys:

Switch side for side (would have to be re & re) but you CAN do it.

Quote Originally Posted by EngineerJoe View Post
    I don't mind the look of the white lettering on the outside, but if you did want to change it, you could. Don't know if it's recommended though. You'll have to check to see how much it'll affect your street and off-road performance.

As far as the rest of the Jeep... Get rid of the side steps and that little plastic thing at the base of the front fender flares and get some rock rails. If you don't want to spend the $$$ on an after market bumper, consider just a stinger that mounts to the factory bumper. It'll be for looks only though. A CB antenna will complete the look.
    yes i saw a guy on selling mini bolt on stingers, look pretty cool...I getting a body to weld up a small light bar that will bolt under the tow hooks..

as for rock rails im looking at the rugged ridge combo side/rock gurds..dont know the exact name but there black and have a textured finish to them