Thread: Bumper, K&N, and JKS disco's '02 TJ

Time Online: 16 Hrs 53 Mins 5 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Secs

Bumper, K&N, and JKS disco's '02 TJ

So I just got my first Jeep in Oct of this past year, and I have been wanting to do many things. Finally got some time to do this, using my first vacation time in 6 months...

I got a 2002 TJ - the stock bumper had some damage to it so it was a bit of an eyesore, but I didn't want it stock regardless of the little damage. I wanted to do a few things, and wasn't expecting to get my bumper yet, so I started with a couple of other little things that I wanted to do as well.

Saturday we (JK's 'Jeep #4' - longtime friend, and I) fiddled about and put the JKS disconnects on - I had heard pretty much good things from what I had reviewed (as compared to Gen 2's or Currie) - with the only thing being that they require a lot of greasing in the first few months. I got them on without difficulty, but there is not a lot of real-estate for them to squeeze onto the lower pin on the passenger side - I wonder if this is a common thing, or if my truck may have been dinged in the past and bits of the front end suspension are squashed into not-so-factory position.
    I found a little oil goes a long way with ease of use. After we were done they easily came off and on by hand, no hammer, no difficulty. Drilled a little hole in the frame, tapped it up and have a nice place to put them when disconnected without the need for tape or zip-ties.

I got a K&N cone what seems like months ago but never had the time to put it in. My dad helped be out with this bit to whip up a little bracket from 1/8" steel to support the 'floating' filter. Quick weld, some paint, an additional hole in the wheel well and that was done.

Was surprised to hear that the bumper arrived, so I got to throw that on today as well... all in all, a great time fiddling about. I know everyone likes pictures, so I added a few. Now I need to update my signature...

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Air Cleaner before.jpg   fabbed bit.jpg   KN in 1.jpg   KN in 2.jpg   Stock arm.jpg  

JKS disconnects.jpg   JKS disco in.jpg   stock off.jpg   best top bumper on.jpg   best top with guard.jpg  

'02 TJ - 31" ProComp MTs, HighRock bumper, JKS Discos, K&N filter

Time Online: 1 Wk 1 Day 23 Hrs 56 Mins 27 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 44 Secs
    Hey man where did you get your front bumper at

Time Online: 16 Hrs 53 Mins 5 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Secs
    I ordered it through JJ's - was on back order for 4 weeks - BesTop High Rock.