Avg. Time Online: 27 Secs

Marc Diab Park

one of these days...

My Mood
    Lurking
    Time Online: 3 Mths 3 Wks 2 Days 18 Hrs 20 Mins 1 Sec
    Avg. Time Online: 9 Mins 21 Secs
    Right on Hazel.......................
    91 Suburban on 38 Swampers, 5.7 (350) V1500 4x4. Big ...red...and ugly.

"The camel toe is the smile of the body, if the body were a face"

Time Online: 1 Wk 4 Days 16 Hrs 54 Mins 20 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 57 Secs
    good stuff
    ~KAMIKAZE~
    A bunch of Flatties

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Time Online: 2 Mths 4 Wks 1 Day 8 Hrs 41 Mins 35 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Mins 20 Secs
    thats awesome!
    Filthy Dirty Jeep Girl!!!
    '00 Wrangler. Lifted and rear locked. R.I.P
    '98 XJ 3.5 inch lift with 31's- sold
    '03 Cherry Rubi!!

Time Online: 1 Yr 3 Mths 2 Wks 5 Days 4 Hrs 49 Mins 6 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 38 Mins 59 Secs
    nice touch
    WHAT WOULD MACGYVER DO?

2004 rubicon: 12,000 lb titan winch, 35" goodyear wranglers, staang's belly-up skid, cobra 29 cb, highline fenders, trailhead bumpers

http://www.youtube.com/user/onehosereh#p/u

VA3 HWG, OF4WD #5571, RETREAD #1

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Time Online: 11 Mths 3 Wks 21 Hrs 35 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 28 Mins 55 Secs
    If someone can find out when the official dedication of the park with the unveiling of the plaque at the park...we should set up a run to be there and see it...I am sure we could get a boat load of Jeeps out there...
    His ---> 04 LJ - 4.0L, Auto ɹnoɟ pɐǝɹʇǝɹ
    Hers ---> 75 Renegade Project - 304 V8, T15 3 speed uoıʇɐıɔossɐ ʎq pɐǝɹʇǝɹ

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 6 Days 15 Hrs 34 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 44 Secs
    The plaque bearing the new name of the park, Trooper Marc Diab Memorial Park, will officially be dedicated at the site this summer.
    It would be nice to be at the dedication ceremony. We haven't forgotten about him, nor will we ever.
    OF4WD Member # 5887

Quote Originally Posted by craveneh View Post
    You`d be surprised what your capable of when your balls are not in someones purse
    For Sale:
    Tan Rear Seat - 2004 TJ | Rear Seat Belt Assembly - Complete

Coming Soon:
    American Racing 172s | Jeep TJ Mopar Add-a-trunk | Roller fairlead + cable | TJ Liftgate Spare Tire Mount w/ Centre Stop-Light | Rubi D44 Factory Diff Cover

Time Online: 5 Days 13 Hrs 48 Mins 54 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 27 Secs
    the following i lifted from a thread started by someone considering joining up. there were a number of posts and replies in the thread, but reading Marc's gives you a solid idea of the guy we lost.

DirtyLeb (Marc Diab)

03-01-2009, 01:20 PM
    you know its fun and all, i been in for 4 years now, armoured Recce. Reg force Petawawa. the only problem is...th feaken recruiting centres, dont let them persuade you into something you knw absolutely nothing about, if you have a skill, go into a trade that you are comfortable with. alot of stress, and resposibility come with the job, as i am sure does with all other jobs, but you will find yourself making decisions even at a younger rank that will affect other people within your group. choose what you want to get into wisely, because they will tell you, oh well go into infantry now, and when you are in th system its easy to switc to diffrent trades, what they dont tell you that if your trade is flagged red, your stuck till your contract is up, unless you go JTF2 Human intel , or CSOR. i recommend you research ever bit of it, where every tradeis available location wise, i.e close to family or not, as well, they can ve youwherever they see fit, be it wainright, vancouver, borden, pet, even quebec.

its fun, its secure, but lots comes with the job

03-01-2009, 01:23 PM
    and oh.....couple more things, its not like the movies.....Afghanistan sucks.....and if you dontlike losing friends, its not the job for you.

sorry for being blunt,i just cant wait to get the hel home. so do all the others ...TV LIES

03-07-2009, 10:24 AM
    Beakie, not sure if you been to afghanistan yet or not....but this aint no kabul tour i guarantee you that, as well, im not sure where you got the statistics from, but i myself have been through 9 IEDs thats only my vehicle, aside from the lucky patroles, where we were inches away from hitting an anti pers mine, then mounting up only to hit it with the vehicle. we have gone through 16 replacements so far for the injured guys only from my troop alone, where we are 32 guys. 1 dead. some of those injured will never be able to run again, let alone carry something because of broken backs. so you might want to reconsider your statistics on this job being dangerous or not, sure in canada might not be dangerous (aside from couple guys falling off tours while on excersice) or off vehicles, with brain damages. but sure, if you like to stay in canada chances are you will serve your full 25 years with no complications moving up the ranks and a good pay and job security.
    as well, if you do stay in KAF(kandahar air field) which is the main camp as a support trade where you will never see outside the wire....your laughing! massage parlors, poker nights all that good jazz, but for us ones who do go outside spend weeks in OPs driving through the desert and IED infested road, i would say its pretty dangerous. given what....a 25 000 dollar deal over 6 months? is it really worth someone's life....maybe you can ask Brian Good, or the 111 soldiers who lost their life...but like soldier like me i didnt come here for the money i came for the 32 guys i have been training with for the past 4 years, some which have been with me the very first day i signed up at the recruiting office. its a big family and you get attached quickly, i couldnt ask for better frends.(like they say on TV "they truly believed in the mission") not very true, i kno brian wanted to get out and open a paint shop. tpr caswell wanted to be a proffesional motorcycle racer...and so on you get the idea.
    again sorry for being blunt but its the truth of the matter. (i dont think tv reports all the injuries here either...when they say 1 dead and three injured..usually the three injured...are F"{:ed up injured...sometimes they rather be dead.

just my two cents on the matter.
    thanks for putting up with my bitching heheh. lets hope we all come home safe to our families and loved ones, that is my only wish for all my brothers in arms.
    cheers.

03-07-2009, 10:32 AM
    on a positive note, i have seen many parts of canada that i have never dreamed of seeing....thanks to the military. we do alot of travelling even to the states...which is amazing as well as holland, for the ninmegan team where you march over 3 days some crazy amount of kms with other armies....the 20 days of in one year is really great cause they throw in extra days...they dont count weekends...and usually the give you stat or special day leaves. in the military you can get in the best physical shape you dream of, and alot of ammenities are free, like a full professional gym....diffrent sports teams...where you go across canada and play against other teams on other bases...lotsa of fun lots of acivities...as well as i will be buying my first house at the age of 22, and out of debt, as well as i will be studying while the military pays for my education. alot of positive things come with the job, but also a big responsibility, and defenitly agree on young teens joining instead of doing drugs and waisting their life living day to day basis, having nothing to look forward to.

03-07-2009, 10:34 AM
    military defenitly changed my life for the better.

---

03-08-2009, 06:48 PM
    armybuck043

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DirtyLeb View Post
    military defenitly changed my life for the better.
    http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...hub=TopStories

Marc Diab aka "DirtyLeb" was claimed by a Roadside Bomb in Afghanistan today.

Hard to believe he was posting here only a few hours ago.....

RIP Brother.

Scotty B

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 5 Days 15 Hrs 43 Mins 46 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 39 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    If someone can find out when the official dedication of the park with the unveiling of the plaque at the park...we should set up a run to be there and see it...I am sure we could get a boat load of Jeeps out there...
    I'll go
    Jeepless!!

Retread #3
    Member# 5883

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Time Online: 2 Mths 4 Wks 1 Day 8 Hrs 41 Mins 35 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Mins 20 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by musicman View Post
    I'll go
    as will i!

Great idea

My Mood
    Cool
    Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 1 Day 7 Hrs 51 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 43 Secs
    Comming from a military town(Trenton where all our fallen boys come back to)...I've known lots of people in the Military
    I'd be all over makin a trip up with the Heep for the event
    Like to know when it will be dedicated...."this summer" is kinda vague...but I'll do my damndest to make myself available
    They call me Monkey cause I'm the silver back of the bunch
    87 XJ Lifted with stuff(Zombie Apocalypse Edition)
    87 YJ Lifted with stuff(Wifes)Mall Edition
    99 Ram Toy Hauler Edition
    OF4WD Member 5275 www.4-lo.ca

My Mood
    Aggressive
    I put a call in to the City Of Mississauga Parks and Planning Department to try and get more details on the dedication ceremony and when it will happen.

The say they will get back to me...so I will update with any info I can get...

My Mood
    Cool
    Time Online: 1 Day 21 Hrs 24 Mins 32 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 9 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post

Thats a great idea
    GO HARD OR GO HOME !!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Okay...a little bit of info...still tryign to get any more that is available and waiting for email confirmation of some info...

BUT..the date for the ceremony at the park is Friday, June 11 at 9:30 AM...

That is the Friday morning of Roadkill...might make it an easier event to attend for anybody that will be heading up to Roadkill and are able to get the whole day off...

Again, I will post any and all info I am able to get...

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 5 Days 15 Hrs 43 Mins 46 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 39 Secs
    I will be able to swing down there that day before we head to roadkill. I will just pack quick when I get back

Time Online: 1 Wk 2 Days 4 Hrs 6 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 45 Secs
    Soon as they post the June calender at work, I'll be booking the day off to attend.
    2009 Rubicon Unlimited
    Cobra 75wxst, Lightforce Striker 170's, Gobi rack, ACE rock sliders,
    RR XHD front winch bumper with 12000lbs Titan winch and front skid

OF4WD #5561

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Wks 1 Day 2 Mins 5 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Mins 5 Secs
    I will be there
    Strength is nothing more than how well you hide the pain

Yer hot, wet, and extremely satisfying. You always put a smile on my face and yer the first thing i want in my mouth when i wake up....aaaaaahhhhhh Coffee, my only friend.