Thread: Canuck Motorsports 2" lift kit install

Time Online: 4 Hrs 21 Mins 30 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A

Canuck Motorsports 2" lift kit install

So I went about installing the 2" lift kit from Canuck Motorsports on my g/f's jeep today, other than a couple problems (broke 1 of the 4 bolts for the rear shocks, you know the ones I refer to) and the front struts didn't come with the top nuts and they were a different thread and pitch than the ones that I removed from the truck (M8 was original, M10x1mm was the new nut), but other than that it went well/easy. I had to get them installed, as we bought some new rims/tire combo from JustJeeps yesterday and they will be installed on Tuesday..........BTW I really like the guys at JustJeeps they are a real help and gave us a lot of useful information.

Here's a couple pics of the install

Jer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2 inch lift 007.jpg   2 inch lift 001.jpg   2 inch lift 006.jpg   2 inch lift 005.jpg   2 inch lift 002.jpg  

Living out of Jeep between Toronto to Owen Sound
    My Mood
    Tired
    Time Online: 5 Mths 1 Wk 2 Days 12 Hrs 46 Mins 9 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 13 Mins 6 Secs
    What was included with your kit?

Front and rear springs, front and rear shocks not loaded with bushings or the mounting tab/brackets, as well as the missing nut on the front struts......But then the cost of the kit was only 350 including shipping, so really it wasn't that bad. I will be working on some new swaybar endlinks with quick disconnects soon.

Jer

Just Jeeps installed the wheels and tires today, the g/f loves the new look to her truck.........although Mike noticed that there was a bad U-joint in the rear driveshaft, looks like I have some fixing todo this weekend.

Jer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New wheels 003.jpg   New wheels 005.jpg   New wheels 002.jpg   New wheels 007.jpg   New wheels 004.jpg  

New wheels 001.jpg   New wheels 006.jpg  

My Mood
    Amused
    Time Online: 2 Mths 11 Hrs 48 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 58 Secs
    I will let Mike and Stu know about the JJ's comments. Looks good!
    Poster does not represent or warrant the the information accessible via this post is accurate or complete. Except as specifically stated on this post, neither rbjeepthing nor any of his affiliates, will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this post.

If you do, tell Mike he was right, the U-joint after the slip yoke was ****ed up, there wasn't one needle bearing left inside one of the four races, and the outside bearing race had a large hunk of metal missing from it.

Jer