Thread: engine swap toyota

Time Online: 3 Days 21 Hrs 13 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 19 Secs

engine swap toyota

so my ride is parked; ime swapping my 4cyl for a v8 chev so i need advice. i want a old 350 chev,stock manifold intake , mabey a 500 holly. then i want a tranny thats easy to get , non electronic. then i need a transfer case thats easy to get as whell. i dont wheel hard but i want the v8for the highway and for towing. 4cyl cant tow my camper or my boat! ille give it a body lift 3 inches. and if i have to ille trim the firewall, i saw pictures of the enginemounts looks like 3/16 plate with the mounts welded on i can make my own or have them made.. ime not looking for extreem power, just the tork and reliability of the v8. ime thinking a 350 because of all the aftermarket parts available!! pricing might be a good thing thanks bryn
    Bryn; 86 chev k5 blazer

Time Online: 3 Mths 1 Wk 3 Days 13 Hrs 46 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 8 Mins 16 Secs
    for all the parts you're gonna need, you might as well buy a 86 or older chevy 4x4 and swap all the parts into your truck. but you gotta figure out all the wiring still. i know toyota 4 cyls are gutless, but why don't you just re-gear to 488, and maybe open up the intake, and exhaust? it seems like you are looking for a whole lotta work and you'll still have to do e-tests too. if you are going to do the swap, i'd go for a 4.3 chevy motor. it's smaller, and still has decent power.
    currently building a toyota. i'm sorry.

blew my head gasket,timing chain. even regearing wont be enough to give me the power for towing. ime keeping my eye open for an old chev p/u, no rush

Time Online: 3 Mths 1 Wk 3 Days 13 Hrs 46 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 8 Mins 16 Secs
    if your motor is toast, i completely understand. i guess you're going with an auto trans. it sounds like a fun build. you're gonna have a quick truck when you're done.

Time Online: 1 Wk 4 Days 11 Hrs 41 Mins 10 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 56 Secs
    Don't forget about the fuel pump. When I did my 4.3L swap into my Toy. I used a fuel pump from an early 90's chev p/u they run about 13psi so you still need a fuel pressure regulator unless you run a TBI unit. I used that pump because it fit with minor fabing inthe Toy sending unit

how did the 4.3 go? did you have to give it a body lift?

Time Online: 1 Wk 1 Day 12 Hrs 50 Mins 27 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 42 Secs
    Get r done, Bryn.

So we can go break it!

This summer I plan on staying away from the mud.And mostly run on the rocks.I'm getting sick of cleaning out my truck, and 20 bucks at the car washes.Last summers mud fest cost me 2 wheel bearings and tons of wear & tear on all my moving parts. ( and smoked seats.lol, mental note...put doors on, before diving in).I'd rather just snap shit on the rocks.Than kill my truck slowly in the mud.
    After you get r done.Lets plan a Minden wheel'in/camping/fishing trip.
    Winter.will be here soon. Let the drama begin.

yeah i might have found an engine. question ille need a engine mount made 3/16 x 3"" x12' "banger fishing camping wheeling , sounds good, but if i build it we have one trail /road to get through. i need the v8 for towing my boat or my camper. i dont suffer from skinny pedal diseas but if i have a little more power on the trail it might be fun.

Time Online: 1 Wk 4 Days 11 Hrs 41 Mins 10 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 56 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn rennie View Post
    how did the 4.3 go? did you have to give it a body lift?
    Yes I had a 3 inch body lift made things much easyer. My 4.3L was board .040 over flat top pistons from a 350 and cam headers and aluminum intake,I had 35 inch tires and 4:10 gears with a 5 speed yes it pulled well.