Thread: Flowmaster 40 series vs. 50 series...

Time Online: 1 Hr 39 Mins 59 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A

Flowmaster 40 series vs. 50 series...

I'm considering changing my stock exhaust for either the flowmaster 40 or 50 series. I prefer the sound of the 40 series, just wondering if anyone knows the pros/cons for each?

Thanks,
    krystina

My Mood
    Stressed
    Time Online: 3 Wks 6 Hrs 1 Min 57 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 44 Secs
    noise levels and lenght

Time Online: 2 Wks 1 Hr 26 Mins 51 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 9 Secs
    If you choose the 40 series, don't invest in any music system for the jeep, you won't hear it. The noise is loud enough that it becomes irritating on longer trips. The 50 is nice, it mellows out with higher rpm. If you're looking to buy only the muffler, I would look at getting a stainless Magnaflow, it'll give you a sound similar to the 50 series for about half the price.

Time Online: 1 Hr 39 Mins 59 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A
    Great-thx for your help!

My Mood
    Blah
    Time Online: 2 Wks 1 Day 2 Hrs 43 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 14 Secs
    I have the deltaflow 40 series... apparently it's louder than all hell outside of the cab according to my buddies but I can't really hear it inside and do not get the resonating tone of the standard 40 series in my XJ, I was a little pevved at first that it wasn't that much louder than stock (or seemed that way) but it's just because I can't hear it while I'm driving, standing behind it is another story
    Ahhhh some people just never grow up, but that's Okay; our world needs people like you to add comedy in our lives

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 2 Wks 1 Day 31 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 14 Secs
    Magnaflow's on a 6cyl and smaller sound like wounded ducks going down the road.

I have Flowmaster 44's (Dual) on my '06 Dodge Charger (3.5L) ... wouldn't trade it for the world, as for my stereo ... no issues hearing it clearly.
    Newmarket Swamper

OF4WD Member # 5246

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Time Online: 3 Wks 1 Day 5 Hrs 36 Mins 31 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 49 Secs
    i run a 40 on my 2.5, its a little loud and kinda annoying over a long period of time, but it sounds nice at low rpm. I ran a 40 on my 4.0 XJ too and i loved it. i also ran one on my 4.6 v8 silverado and also really liked it. i can still hear my stereo just fine in my 2.5.
    BAJA member
    O.F.4.W.D #5978
    97 TJ 5.0L V8 NV3550 231/300 done by Staangs fab!
    Rubicon front 44 rear 44 detoit locker 4.88's 37" Baja Claws Rock Krawler long arms

My Mood
    Amused
    Time Online: 2 Mths 11 Hrs 48 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 58 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfons View Post
    If you choose the 40 series, don't invest in any music system for the jeep, you won't hear it. The noise is loud enough that it becomes irritating on longer trips. The 50 is nice, it mellows out with higher rpm. If you're looking to buy only the muffler, I would look at getting a stainless Magnaflow, it'll give you a sound similar to the 50 series for about half the price.
    Complete opposite of my experience with the 40 series that I have. Mine even dumps under my truck vs out the back. I will agree magaflow has decent stuff as well if your into the shiny bling thing.
    Poster does not represent or warrant the the information accessible via this post is accurate or complete. Except as specifically stated on this post, neither rbjeepthing nor any of his affiliates, will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this post.