Thread: sabre winch install

My Mood
    Lurking
    Time Online: 2 Wks 2 Days 10 Hrs 10 Mins 17 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 21 Secs

sabre winch install

I need to say thanks to Duncan who sold me the winch and answered a few questions for me over the phone while I was doing the install (answered my questions off the top of his head he is very knowledgeable about his products), and to greyman441 who did a little welding for me (the solenoid mount and licence plate mounts great work good price).
    The winch is a sabre 9000, with a synthetic line. I took the plastic cover off the winch solenoid to gain a little extra room. I also extended the electrical on the solenoid to reach the winch from its mounting point between the front grill and the rad. The solenoid is bolted to a bracket that was welded to the very small cross member in front of the radiator. The connector for the winch control is mounted in the top right of the grill, nice and high and easy to get at.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0071.jpg   IMG_0076.JPG   IMG_0074.jpg  

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Time Online: 1 Wk 5 Days 23 Hrs 45 Mins 30 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 4 Secs
    Nice work... What bumper is that?

If I was a Jeep, they'd have parted me out a LONG time ago.

I'm a proud member of SOXJA ask me why!

Krawlerz team member too!

OF4WD Member # 5027

My Mood
    Lurking
    Time Online: 2 Wks 2 Days 10 Hrs 10 Mins 17 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 21 Secs
    It is the rugged ridge xhd with the ends and the hoop. It is the only bumper that I found that had a low winch plate, cut outs for fog lights, recovery points and a hoop. Or I should say the only one at a reasonable price point.