Thread: Anyone have a Nissan X-Trail? I need a DD ...

Time Online: 5 Mths 19 Hrs 40 Mins 6 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 12 Mins 26 Secs

Anyone have a Nissan X-Trail? I need a DD ...

So, I have started my looking for a DD, and Nissan X-Trails seem ok - or are they?

Anyone have any insight on them? It sounds nuts, but I would like a minivan because of the camping and gear hauling opportunities, but have been banned from getting one. I figure something like a small SUV is the next best bet ... suggestions?

Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 2 Days 14 Hrs 23 Mins 47 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 44 Secs
    We love our 2008 Ford Escape. No complaints except for the clothe used on the seats. Water spots easily.

BTW: I had it on some "Trails" in Dorset. but the wife only let me get the fender wells dirty!
    90 YJ. 4link F/R, 16" SAW Airshocks, 32bolt Beadlocks, D60/14bolt, Full Hydro/Hydroboost L67 3.8SC 700r4 NP231/D300
    02 Yukon XL on 37's DD
    91 Cherokee Juggy scrapped for Greener Grass
    I prefer to build it and not buy it, you see it, I probably made it.

Escapes/Tributes are in the running too, at first glance I prefer the styling of the X Trail, but I am open to suggestion.

Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 2 Days 14 Hrs 23 Mins 47 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 44 Secs
    We looked at a X-Trial at a dealer, but it never got past that as my wife was pretty set on the Escape and we got a GREAT deal on an '08 in '08. From what I remember is that the interior room was less.

What year range are you looking into?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 3 Wks 6 Days 4 Hrs 27 Mins 52 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 14 Secs
    They're terrible cars. They don't break. I work at a nissan dealer and can't usually make money off of em. They're good on fuel, hold a fair bit of cargo, made in Japan (few Japanese cars are), reliable with no major issues.

Damn things. lol

Wife is an advisor at Ford. Says the escapes are great as well with no major issues.

Quote Originally Posted by C.C. View Post
    They're terrible cars. They don't break. I work at a nissan dealer and can't usually make money off of em. They're good on fuel, hold a fair bit of cargo, made in Japan (few Japanese cars are), reliable with no major issues.

Damn things. lol

Wife is an advisor at Ford. Says the escapes are great as well with no major issues.
    Yeah, maybe I need a terrible car then, either way ... I'm thinking a couple of years old would do the trick. I don't need anything glamorous, just reliable, and apparently not a minivan.

Thanks for the info, it's hard to find an otherwise unbiased review.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 3 Wks 6 Days 4 Hrs 27 Mins 52 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 14 Secs
    They stopped in '06 replaced it with the rouge in ? Aww hell I forget but I wouldn't rouge.

Time Online: 3 Wks 2 Days 18 Hrs 5 Mins 27 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 57 Secs
    lol i also work for nissan and they are arguably the most reliable vehicle we ever made. If you want i can look into one
    S.S.O
    OF4WD#4900

1990 XJ Cammed 4.0L/AW4, 4" Skyjacker coils w/2" spacer, BDS adjustable arms, Adjustable trac bar, Rugged Ridge steering5.5" RE leafs, custom front and rear bumpers, D30 lockrite, D35 W/Disc brakes,XTREME stop rotors, Hella 550's, OBA, 33"MTR'S LOTS OF STICKERS!!

Time Online: 1 Day 6 Hrs 9 Mins 27 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Secs
    We have a 2005 x -trail and it is by far the most relable vechicle we have owned . It has 130,000 km, has had only reg maintenance and has been an exceptional beast of burden.
    This is our third Nissan in a row, the other two were both Sentras. The 2001 is still in excellent shape, our son has it in Ottawa the last 4 years, and I sold the 2004 Sentra last year when I retired.

Chrysler mini vans and I had a poor relationship three times over the years and I felt I was spending tooo much money on research and development of the transmissions with no improvement in the near future based on my last one in 2000.

I will definetly go Nissan AGAIN IN THE FUTURE.

bUDDY _YJ
    1989 YJ
    " The Diesel "

Quote Originally Posted by Jbeau View Post
    lol i also work for nissan and they are arguably the most reliable vehicle we ever made. If you want i can look into one
    Thanks, I will post when I have a stack of cash.

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 5 Days 8 Hrs 29 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 38 Secs
    Nissan has matched and arguably surpassed Toyota in terms of reliability. Simply because I have dealership training in them do I prefer Toys to Nissans, but I'd have no issues picking one up. I'd say look at 4Runners but their interior cargo room is well below others in the same price range. My 3rd Gen will fit the baby stroller, playpen, and two large suitcases - but that's it. A serious grocery run requires the stroller to be left at home, or some bags go in the back seat. Mother-in-law's Escape holds about the same cargo, is 4wd (kinda) and get's better mileage.

I still like a full frame though
    ....-Noltz
    '91 Frankenheep Edition. 4.0, 4" BDS, Richmond 8.8, 35" KM2's, Titan 12k, ... gone.
    '95 4Runner SR5. Air-Lift bags, OBA & 8K Winch, DD... gone.