Thread: Bent links

Time Online: 1 Yr 8 Mths 3 Wks 19 Hrs 59 Mins 9 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 51 Mins 32 Secs

Bent links

I'm starting to plan my winter upgrades now and was hoping someone could school me on bent lower links, on purpose of course. Other then ground clearance are there any benefits, and what are the drawbacks? How do you bend something like that and does it weaken it alot? Thanks,

Aaron
    1989 Jeep YJ, AMC 401 fuel injected, D60 welded/14b locked, SM-465, np203 to Dana20 doubler, 44" XMLs, etc....

My Mood
    Drunk
    Time Online: 3 Mths 3 Wks 3 Hrs 8 Mins 9 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 9 Mins 8 Secs
    saty away from them if you can. yse you can get som better clearence with bent link but why?? you have now opened up you axle to act as an anchor. where as if you had stright links the object can actually slide down the link and allow the axle to bump over it easier. not tur for all cases. Strength anyting you bend somthign you decrease its strength. will it make a diffrence, probably not in our world of light to med duty wheeling. replaceability, if you use standard stright links and run into an issue with a broken one its alot easier to find a replacement or even carry one that works for multiple link with you. Ive always tryid to stick to KISS. keep it simple the more crazzy one off custom parts yu have the harder and usually more expensive it is to fix or replace them. And you will need to replace them at some point.
    KUSS
    Stupid Fukin Nature
    OF4WD# 2660

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 6 Mths 2 Wks 10 Hrs 3 Mins 56 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 15 Mins 59 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by biohazard View Post
    saty away from them if you can. yse you can get som better clearence with bent link but why?? you have now opened up you axle to act as an anchor. where as if you had stright links the object can actually slide down the link and allow the axle to bump over it easier. not tur for all cases. Strength anyting you bend somthign you decrease its strength. will it make a diffrence, probably not in our world of light to med duty wheeling. replaceability, if you use standard stright links and run into an issue with a broken one its alot easier to find a replacement or even carry one that works for multiple link with you. Ive always tryid to stick to KISS. keep it simple the more crazzy one off custom parts yu have the harder and usually more expensive it is to fix or replace them. And you will need to replace them at some point.
    hee haw