Thread: Wobble and Squeak '03 TJ

My Mood
    Goofy
    Time Online: 8 Hrs 31 Mins 22 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs

Wobble and Squeak '03 TJ

Hey,

Have a question about my Jeep TJ.

When I get her up to 90k/h, she wobbles a bit. You can feel it in the steering wheel (moves about 1/2 - 1" side to side). Then I noticed that when I crank the wheel to the extreme left, and just above idle, turn tight, at even intervals she does a slight "whallop" and a decent squeak.

Wheel bearing I ask? :confused:

Should I just go ahead with the entire new suspension lift?

Thanks!

Time Online: 1 Mth 5 Days 7 Hrs 42 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 53 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman860 View Post
    Wheel bearing I ask? :confused:
    First thing that comes to mind (mainly because I just had this problem) is your front track bar might be worn out, however if any component is worn out in your front end (steering, wheels, bearings, etc) you will get the wobbles.

What I recommend you do is get someone to sit in your jeep and turn your steering wheel back and forth with moderate force. This will allow you to inspect all your front end components for wear.
    To check your wheel bearing jack up the front end and grab the top of the tire and the bottom of the tire and see if you have any side to side play.
    Hopefully the squeak will continue when you are inspecting to help you determine what is loose.

If you find play in any component then replace it, as it is only going to get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman860 View Post
    Should I just go ahead with the entire new suspension lift?
    Thanks!
    This is always a welcome sight on Jeepkings, however make sure you start off with a working Jeep before hand!
    05 LJ Rubi on MTZ 285/75/16

Go Ahead. Get Dirty.

Time Online: 1 Day 23 Hrs 39 Mins 8 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 9 Secs
    I have the same problem. Wobble at 90 is an unbalanced tire. The knock when I make a tight turn or slowly climb say a sidewalk, is a worn ball joint. Not saying for sure for u but sounds like u are having the same issue as me so that's where I would start.