Thread: death wobble :(

Time Online: 3 Days 22 Hrs 59 Mins 15 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 19 Secs

death wobble :(

I just rotated my tires yesterday and now I can't go above 60 or the jeep shakes like hell and it feels like I'm going to die any ideas?

Time Online: 1 Mth 5 Days 10 Hrs 18 Mins 33 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 55 Secs
    Check your lug nuts... Make sure they are tight Had the same symptoms on my Caravan few years back, caught it before the tire fell off. but all the lug nuts where finger lose...

I checked them there all on there

But are they Tight ?
    Crank them down, make sure they are tight...

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

They only other thing i could think of is, Maybe one of the weights used to balance the tires fell off during the tire Rotation...

I torqued them with an impact gun there not coming off

I would double check with a hand tool just to be 100% sure...

Also, I have herd horror storys about people torquing there tires with impact guns so tight they couldn't change there flat tire...

not sure if its realavent or not, but i know some tires need to be rotated in a specific pattern due to the steel belts getting used to going one direction... reverse the direction and u blow the tire...

The tire change could also be coincidental... and maybe you have a U-joint gone bad. My jeeps got a bad U-joint and when i get up to 80km I get a Nasty enough vibration to blurr my Vision.

But the fact that it happened after a tire rotation still makes me think that either the lug nuts where not torqued on as tight as you would think should have been... Iv also had my tires not quite seated properly on the hub, and got caught up... so when they where torqued down... 20km down the road the wheel popped into place, and the nuts loosened off.

I rotated them front to back because there directional and there on there tight as hell could it be tires not balanced properly ?

Time Online: 5 Mths 19 Hrs 40 Mins 6 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 12 Mins 26 Secs
    DW may be one or more of the following items. I would check:

- Tire balance
    - Toe-in adjustment
    - Ball joints should be tight
    - Drag-link and tie-rod ends free of play
    - Track bar hardware tightened correctly and mounting hole not wallowed out
    - Front lower control arm bushings worn
    - Unit bearing play

Yes, very well could be the Tires not balanced properly... If you have the resources, jack the jeep up so u have all 4's off the ground, and put the jeep into drive, and Watch the tires.... If anything u should be able to narrow it down to one specific tire...

Also another thought, if you did the tires out side... any chance some mud or dirt got stuck on the inside of the rim between the hub and the rim? Maybe knocking the alignment off?

double check the weights they added if any... make sure they look like they are where they should be.. and didn't get knocked. look for marks where one may have been, but has since fallen off...

but Assuming there where no problems before the rotation, we would think that the balance is okay.

Check the U-Joints.... maybe you had a U-joint go bad at the time you rotated the tires.... Altho you should have been able to feel a u-joint vibration long before it got that bad.

i threw it on the lift at work mayb when i droped the tire a weight fell of im gona throw it back up in the air tomorrow and re balance the tires the u joints are good and if that doesent do it il do another alignment