Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 93 YJ Restoration

Time Online: 2 Mths 3 Wks 1 Day 6 Hrs 9 Mins 6 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Mins 47 Secs
    I'm trying to avoid any more body lift then necessary because it doesn't serve any useful purpose other then raising the COG even higher. Doesn't show in the picture but the bed is in serious need of repair on the other side anyways to the point where it isn't really connected to the fender any more. I managed to find 2 of my old body lift mounts and may have found a solution to avoid raising the bed or going higher on the body lift.

I think the shorter of these 2 is for the rear (1" lift mounts)

Came up pretty close, keep in mind the body is tilted forward a bit so its probably a 1/4" to 1/2" closer

Then I realized one of the re-enforcement channel / body mount was actually sitting on the cross-member I built, seeing as the main part of the cross-member is 1/4" thick there really isn't a need for the one on the body.

Provided it lowers it enough for a 1" body lift the only other issue I can see is that the shock mounts will hit and it may be a bit tight for the lines running to the tank

http://www.mediafire.com/view/m40wb1...k15yco3wlz3at7

I really don't look at chopping the bed as mini trucker thing should I need to, its all about the function not the looks in this case.

I'm back! Took a small hiatus when I moved out of the parents place but I got my new shop set up.

I took the tub in for sandblasting and waited for that dreadful call to come collect my pile of rust from the floor but surprisingly less parts of the bed most all of it survived intact Ditched what was left of the bed and replaced it with a sheet of 16awg then moved onto the big hole below the Jeep logo on the drivers side. The end product for my patches around the outside could probably be a bit smoother but I didn't want to use any bondo and as little filler as possible.

Some of the factory mounting points on the body were getting a little weak so out they came. An access hole was cut in them a long time ago when doing the body lift I should have protected it better afterwards, dammn salt!

All welded up

Cleaned up the tub a bit more with a flap disc

A word to the wise if you need to remove old bed liner get yourself one these! I picked up a cheapo "Oscillating Tool" from PA when it was on sale with fairly low hopes for it but it shaved off what was left of the bedliner like a hot knife. I had used furniture stripper and a scrapper before the sandblasting and it took almost 2 days that way.

Thinking ahead to the paint I worked out that my Jeep was "PG5 (Hunter Green Metallic)" What else can be decoded? does anyone know of reference sheet for these?

Time Online: 1 Wk 6 Days 23 Hrs 9 Mins 21 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 9 Secs
    go to the nearest jeep dealership ask for a build sheet it will give you any info
    91 Renagade
    frame replacement and more http://www.jeepkings.ca/forums/showt...91-yj-renagade

Time Online: 5 Mths 6 Days 1 Min 41 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 12 Mins 52 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by H3lzsn1p3r View Post
    go to the nearest jeep dealership ask for a build sheet it will give you any info
    If you call the dealership they will email it to you. Just need the vin for the option sheet
    I thought life handed you lemons..... who the phuk is throwing them at my head !!!

Time Online: 1 Mth 1 Day 22 Hrs 12 Mins 41 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 38 Secs
    I got build sheets for my 95 XJ and 03 TJ about 2 months ago. I went to a dealership and provided my ownerships. They acted like they were doing me bit of a favour. I'm not sure if they would have given me anything if I had called it in. They wanted to be sure that I actually owned the vehicles. YMMV.

Tried over the phone and they were reluctant to do much but confirm the paint color, going to go in and try to get a full build sheet at some point.

On another thought, why is it always a Sunday evening when you run out of shielding gas? Luckily I still had some flux wire left to finish up the last 2 body mounts

A once over the body to remove any rust, undercoating or bed liner and it's off to paint

I was going to go with a base-clear like how it was from the factory but was advised against it because it apparently would require going over the body with filler to remove any and all imperfections. I was recommended to go with a urethane based paint as it's thicker (so it hides imperfections) and is also more durable but I didn't think you could do a metal flake with urethane, does anyone have experience with a metal flake urethane paint? thoughts?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Time Online: 11 Mths 3 Wks 21 Hrs 35 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 29 Mins 1 Sec
    Quote Originally Posted by RedNeckYJ View Post
    Tried over the phone and they were reluctant to do much but confirm the paint color, going to go in and try to get a full build sheet at some point.
    Go to DeWildt, see Don in parts, tell him you are from JeepKings...he is typically very helpful, but might be a little more helpful if you tell him that. It was much easier when Piggy worked there but then he turned a little...you know...and went to work for John Deere instead.
    His ---> 04 LJ - 4.0L, Auto ɹnoɟ pɐǝɹʇǝɹ
    Hers ---> 75 Renegade Project - 304 V8, T15 3 speed uoıʇɐıɔossɐ ʎq pɐǝɹʇǝɹ