Thread: Gmc/chevy seat heaters- replacement

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 4 Days 22 Hrs 33 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 36 Secs

Gmc/chevy seat heaters- replacement

So my wifes seat heater went in her 03 yukon(drivers) pass. still works. Switch willl light but then turns off.
    With the cold snap earlier this week, put an end to her battery. i was call this week and didn't have time to swap out so she drove my 04 avalanche. Here's where Karma comes in. I guess I shouldn't have said " Poor little princess doesn't have her heated seat- Boo hooo! Now my seat aint heating and does the same thing. Button lights and then goes out.

Anyone attempted fixing this, or is it just something you would rather pay someone to do?

If the switch lights then i have power to the switch and should eliminate the easiest solution- fuse replacement.

how hard is it to get at the elements?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 3 Wks 6 Days 4 Hrs 27 Mins 52 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 14 Secs
    The elements are glued to the seat cushion. They are known for going open. The replacement pad is $100.00 + and oly available from the dealer. There is a back and bottom element. You have to take off the seat cover and look for the burn or test both elements at the connector and look for an open / out of range.

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 4 Days 22 Hrs 33 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 36 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by C.C. View Post
    The elements are glued to the seat cushion. They are known for going open. The replacement pad is $100.00 + and oly available from the dealer. There is a back and bottom element. You have to take off the seat cover and look for the burn or test both elements at the connector and look for an open / out of range.
    Thanks C.C., how bad is it to get the seat cover off. I may wait for warmer weather. So the leather is more pliable. Is it easiest to remove the seeat from truck? Or leave seat in?