Thread: School me on lifting a YJ

Time Online: 1 Mth 1 Wk 4 Days 2 Hrs 47 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 22 Secs

School me on lifting a YJ

O/k people lets hear some thoughts on this.
    Jeep will be used as a DD with some use off road, on road comfort being first priority .
    33 inch tire with no body lift how high do I have to go , 4 cyl stick.
    Lets hear what you like as well as what you didn't like
    Thanks Arch.
    2dr 5spd Cherokee
    I want to be tugged
    SMWIA 539

Time Online: 2 Mths 3 Wks 1 Day 6 Hrs 17 Mins 20 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Mins 45 Secs
    Highline fenders, some trimming and new bushings for the shackles. It'll ride much better, wont raise the CoG as much and be more aerodynamic then if it were lifted. Might help on insurance to as a DD.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 8 Mths 3 Days 23 Hrs 9 Mins 33 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 20 Mins 3 Secs
    Well I run a 4 banger with 35's, it is not a dd. With 33's you will rarely use 5th gear, as for lifts and such, you should think about doing a shackle reversal. Jak did one on his and improved his ride greatly. Maybe even stretch the wheel base at the same time.
    WARNING! I am about to do something really fawking STUPID!!!!!!
    ᄅ# pɐǝɹʇǝɹ
    93 YJ- RIP- parted out like I should be

Quote Originally Posted by RedNeckYJ View Post
    Highline fenders, some trimming and new bushings for the shackles. It'll ride much better, wont raise the CoG as much and be more aerodynamic then if it were lifted. Might help on insurance to as a DD.
    I like the Idea of highling the front how much can the rears go up in height ?

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thing1 View Post
    Well I run a 4 banger with 35's, it is not a dd. With 33's you will rarely use 5th gear, as for lifts and such, you should think about doing a shackle reversal. Jak did one on his and improved his ride greatly. Maybe even stretch the wheel base at the same time.
    Shackle reversal is likely to happen , any suggestions on Brands for lifts or even spring overs ?

Time Online: 1 Day 4 Hrs 4 Mins 57 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Secs
    Arch

What are you doing with a YJ??? Is this your new rig?? If you can go with stock or minimal lift leafs springs and front flat fenders and trimmed back wheel openings you will have lots of room for 33's.
    My YJ is sitting on 32" with a 4" suspension and a 3" body, but this is built for future 35" tires. The more stock you keep the leaf springs the smoother the ride. A body lift is good also if you can undo the body bolts. They
    are usually rusted in.
    LAJOC Member

---Just one more part to buy and I'm done--- I know I'm going broke owning this f#$%n Jeep

Time Online: 1 Wk 2 Days 10 Hrs 16 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 46 Secs
    Backs will trim more than enough to clear, this was mine on 33x13.5s with no lift

Quote Originally Posted by itsgnu View Post
    Arch

What are you doing with a YJ??? Is this your new rig?? If you can go with stock or minimal lift leafs springs and front flat fenders and trimmed back wheel openings you will have lots of room for 33's.
    My YJ is sitting on 32" with a 4" suspension and a 3" body, but this is built for future 35" tires. The more stock you keep the leaf springs the smoother the ride. A body lift is good also if you can undo the body bolts. They
    are usually rusted in.
    No I'm asking for Jim Bob for his Yj. Keep the suggestions coming. What are some of the good lifts to go with ? His leafs are pretty flat so they need to replaced trying to get some thoughts on the right direction to go.

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by frumps View Post
    Backs will trim more than enough to clear, this was mine on 33x13.5s with no lift
    after the trimming could you mount some type of flare ?

Time Online: 1 Wk 2 Days 10 Hrs 16 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 46 Secs
    No idea, I never bothered