Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something differant

Time Online: 6 Days 19 Hrs 30 Mins 59 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 33 Secs

Something differant

Ok, so here it is..not quite finished and still unpainted, but ready for a safety and insurance.
    What is it? Its a 79 CJ7, fiberglass body, hood fenders (with over 600,000 kms on the body)
    On a 95 Arizona YJ frame..yeah..NO RUST
    Front axle..Commanche, 2wd
    Rear axle Ford 8.8, 3:73 Locker
    Springs, YJ, lowered 4"
    Engine 305 Chevrolet, with 350 heads, edelbrock, crane cam, hedman headers, 2 1/2" mandrel bent true duals
    Aluminum fuel cell
    Top, chopped 6"
    Weight 2120 lbs, with a full tank and me in it
    Custom fab? TONS..all done by me
    Why did I build it this way..well..it aint a 32 Ford..been there, done that!!
    But its also a part tribute to my old racing Jeep buddy, Hans Stark..rip Hans. When it is painted, it will be HuggerOrange

Thanks to..and if I forget anybody, I apolgize in advance. I have met, traded, and bought, and sold,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	016.JPG 
Views:	265 
Size:	127.2 KB 
ID:	69642 a ton of parts
    Bleinham boy
    Tazz91yj
    Alfrons
    Popeye
    Myolcj
    Jeepcrazy
    Yesterday's HISTORY, Tomorrow's a MYSTERY. LIVE FOR TODAY

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 5 Days 15 Hrs 43 Mins 46 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 40 Secs
    I think I like it, looks cool
    Jeepless!!

Retread #3
    Member# 5883

My Mood
    Fine
    Time Online: 1 Mth 1 Wk 2 Days 16 Hrs 55 Mins 22 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 16 Secs
    Beautiful. Different. Coley approves.

Can't wait to see it with paint!

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Wks 1 Day 2 Mins 5 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Mins 7 Secs
    That thing turned out totally badazz man! well done!
    Strength is nothing more than how well you hide the pain

Yer hot, wet, and extremely satisfying. You always put a smile on my face and yer the first thing i want in my mouth when i wake up....aaaaaahhhhhh Coffee, my only friend.

I havent driven it too far yet, but it turned out the way I wanted. It drives nice, handles like crazy, stops on a dime, and its bullet fast. Its probably my last build, although I've said that before..but at 62, maybe I should grow up? It used up most of my saved up hypo parts too. But I got to chop a top, which I've never done before. I'm real curious to see what the street rod crowd has to say. I plan on goin hoodless, for the most part. If it is accepted by the rod community, next winter I am planning on changing the front end to either a Mustang2, or a dropped street rod axle. As it is, if I wanted to, I could make it back to a 4x4 in a couple of days. Its way harder to lower these than it is to lift them..it also has NO used parts that havent been rebuilt, so I am expecting years of trouble free drivin.
    Either way, it is NOT for sale.
    Thanx for the positive feedback guys

My Mood
    Lurking
    Time Online: 3 Wks 5 Days 2 Hrs 47 Mins 8 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 9 Secs
    Good old Hans. An old fart if there ever was one. I remember the pictures of the airborn Jeep in his shop. Something to do with a movie or something. And stories, boy that guy had stories. I live 5 minutes away from his old shop off of Warden Ave. His was the first and best place i've ever gone for parts, repairs and advice. He was one of the good guys who put the sport ahead of the almighty buck. He never made a ton of money, but i don't believe he cared. He just enjoyed the Jeep lifestyle and lived it. I spent alot of afternoons hanging out there with good old Matt listening and learning. Had some good arguements with Hans and remember them with a smile on my face.It makes sense that a friend would want to show tribute to Hans with a slick Jeep rod. Well done. If and when it is finished could you post where and when we all could come and see it. I wouldn't miss it.
    I have Anal Glaucoma- I can't see my ass coming into work today.

I knew Hans from Sand Drags. The first time I raced him, I had a full sized Blazer, with a 427, and 35's, and he shows up with a glass bodied Jeep, with an LS7, tunnel ram, and paddle tires, painted orange..BLEW me away.
    So the next year, whe build an aluminum bodied Jeepish kind of thing, and he shows up with a rear engine rail..same engine, but now with super scoops..Anyway, whe raced against him for many years, and dispite whe also did a rear engine BBC, and grew to a stroker big block, on alky..whe never beat him. When whe got REAL close, he sold the car..LOL. At that time, there was an orgainized race every two weeks, with sand drags on Saturday, and obsticle course on Sunday..and gallons of beer in between. But it died..resession, and family etc. When I first started on a Jeep project, about 10 years ago, and wanted more power, everybody sent me to Hans for a stroker. I called him, and he remembered me. He told me what to do to build the engine, and whe spent a couple of hours on the phone, shit shootin..He passed about 6 months afterward, and I didnt know he was sick. That was 25 years later, and was like the rivalry never existed..guess whe both grew up..lol. He also rescued me, and my wife and baby, on the side of the 401, after a race at Lingham Lake, by loaning me a fuel pump and some hose off his race car, when my towing truck died.

Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Wks 10 Hrs 2 Mins 31 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Mins 5 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstf View Post
    He also rescued me, and my wife and baby, on the side of the 401, after a race at Lingham Lake, by loaning me a fuel pump and some hose off his race car, when my towing truck died.
    That's the Hans I know and remember. Willing to go above and beyond to help. Your Jeep is a beaut. I've never been one for lowered Jeeps, but yours is "done right". I love the 'rod look mixed with the real Jeep style. Kudos to a great looking ride!

Time Online: 3 Wks 4 Days 19 Hrs 17 Mins 39 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 7 Secs
    Great build, and great story. Just to poke at it a bit, I think it needs some older looking wheels like the Cj wagon wheels. Just my opinion. The Mag's are probably lighter though.
    1991 Xj Gone to a new home.
    1948 willys Jeep pickup sitting and waiting.
    1984 toyota currently beating & building.

OF4WD #6069

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 3 Days 3 Hrs 54 Mins 52 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 15 Secs
    Thats a pretty neat Jeep, I sure Hans would have liked it!!

Thanks. I havent paid much attention or upgraded the status recently, but it passed its safety with no problems, and I drove it quite a bit over the summer. It appraised at 25K, and insures for about $200.00 a year, with Hagarty. It does everything I expected it to, with no issues. Been to a few cruise nights as well, but thats not really my thing, and the street rod crowd dont pay much attention to it..but then again, most of them pay somebody else to build thiers, and Jeeps are not on thier radar. It takes a bit of getting used to, driving it with no side or rear windows, and ya cant see stoplights when you're the first in line, without bending over and looking up. It gets a lot of attention just drving down the road, and when I leave it in a parking lot, theres usually a crowd gathered around it. Its on Dollys and covered right now, but I have some more fairly major changes to make on it over the winter, and paint as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 011.JPG   008.JPG   005.JPG  
    Last edited by kidstf; 11-29-2011 at 12:33 PM.

120 HARRY WALKER PKWY NORTH, UNIT 2, NEWMARKET ON
    Time Online: 2 Wks 23 Hrs 30 Mins 30 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 14 Secs
    Cool looking build. Thanks for dropping by the shop the other day, was good talking with you.

TMR CUSTOMS - THE BRANDS YOU WANT FROM THE GUYS YOU TRUST!

120 Harry Walker Pkwy N, Newmarket ON, L3Y 7B2 - www.tmrcustoms.ca - 905 235 8671 - sales@tmrcustoms.com

Good meeting you too. Nice stuff. I am mostly a street rodder, and I can see a lot of crossover use for brackets and stuff, for other than Jeep usage. So with than in mind, come spring when the Rod crowd is back out, I'll point em your way.
    In the meantime, if and when you get a fresh supply of 8.8 covers in, let me know please. (no hurry)

Time Online: 3 Days 15 Hrs 3 Mins 56 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 17 Secs
    terrific build. Hans built my stroker and I still have it. I remembered his old photos of when he used to race. It was funny. He had big hair big stache and wore a tight 80's t.. I had to show my wife, Hans was stylin way back then. Thanks for sharing your story. It is a terrific tribute
    "Just Cause You Own A Jeep Doesn't Mean That I Have to Like You"

"It's Only Hard Core When Your Not Doing It"

Dana's Boggers

Time Online: 3 Days 21 Hrs 48 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 19 Secs
    Hans was good shit!
    The ass that always cried pooh.

Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Wks 6 Days 22 Hrs 22 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Mins 37 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstf View Post
    Its probably my last build, although I've said that before..but at 62, maybe I should grow up?
    Lets hope you never grow up
    OF4WD 5982 & 5983

Made a fairly significant change to the roof over the winter. Got the new half top, and bulkhead, from Tank, and yepper, CUT IT, reworked the rear window to something similar to a Model A pickup. Anybody that tells you its easy to chop a top, has never done it. I would guesstimate I have about 200+ hours into this mod alone, and am still not totally finished. I was watching the powerblock today, and thought to myself..self, these TV shows dont even come close to telling a novice how much time, and above all, money, that goes into one of these projects. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	124.8 KB 
ID:	81468Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	81467Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	124.8 KB 
ID:	81468Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	81467

Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Days 17 Hrs 46 Mins 57 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Mins 7 Secs
    Yes very cool. Can't tell. But did you lower the seating to help with the change in headroom?
    My latest project... Collection of Parts

Other stuff... Building a doubler, D300 Flip kit

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman 94 xj View Post
    "Coil springs are for ballpoint pens and pogo sticks".
    ебут раком

My Mood
    Confused
    Time Online: 2 Yrs 1 Mth 3 Wks 3 Days 21 Hrs 34 Mins 42 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Hr 4 Mins 43 Secs
    that is cool .love to see it up close ..great build
    http://www.youtube.com/user/piratexpress1369a
    96 ZJ 4.0L 33x15 BFG'S

OF4WD#5926

http://www.jeepkings.ca/forums/showt...sket+placement

IN LOVING MEMORY ..DAYKOTA
    PIRATES NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT HIS BOAT..

Yes. The seats are stock YJ, on hand fabed platforms. I'd be guessing, but I'd estimate that they are about 4" lower than stock. Believe it or not, visabilty isnt really changed a ton. I can still see the top of the rad at a glance, and I have lots of extra headroom. And I'm 6ft tall. The only real visability issue is when I'm the first in line at a stop light. I have to lean over to see the light. I drove it quite a bit with the top off, and I gotta tell ya, it is WAY differant than driving with a stock windshield. NO wind noise, and NO buffeting, even at 120k. And you can feel the differance in aero drag in the power catagory as well. The windshield and top are cut 6", and the rollbar (yes, its still got a rollbar) is cut 9". I am planning to swap in a set of 6 way power ZJ seats into it. There's a mountain of fab in this thing, from the dash to the hand built console. The only original part is the VIN tag.
    I like your latest project..Collection of parts. Thats how this got started too, a pile of left over parts and an idea.