Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Passed my M1 exit course

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 6 Days 15 Hrs 34 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 45 Secs

Passed my M1 exit course

A couple weeks back, I wrote the test for my M1 license. This weekend I ended up taking the M1 class and Sheridan college and ended up passing... surprisingly got perfect on the road course too. I'm still smiling after being on a bike all weekend. So now it's just a matter of waiting 60 days before going to the ministry and picking up my M2.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Joe M1 Test.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	980.2 KB 
ID:	70435
    OF4WD Member # 5887

Quote Originally Posted by craveneh View Post
    You`d be surprised what your capable of when your balls are not in someones purse
    For Sale:
    Tan Rear Seat - 2004 TJ | Rear Seat Belt Assembly - Complete

Coming Soon:
    American Racing 172s | Jeep TJ Mopar Add-a-trunk | Roller fairlead + cable | TJ Liftgate Spare Tire Mount w/ Centre Stop-Light | Rubi D44 Factory Diff Cover

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 6 Days 15 Hrs 34 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 45 Secs
    It's the 125cc beginner bike they use for training at the college.... although being fat doesn't help.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Time Online: 11 Mths 3 Wks 21 Hrs 35 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 29 Mins 1 Sec
    Quote Originally Posted by EngineerJoe View Post
    although being fat doesn't help.
    Can you imagine what I would look like on that thing...LOL...
    His ---> 04 LJ - 4.0L, Auto ɹnoɟ pɐǝɹʇǝɹ
    Hers ---> 75 Renegade Project - 304 V8, T15 3 speed uoıʇɐıɔossɐ ʎq pɐǝɹʇǝɹ

Time Online: 7 Mths 4 Days 31 Mins 46 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 17 Mins 38 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    Can you imagine what I would look like on that thing...LOL...
    kinda like this?

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 5 Days 8 Hrs 29 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 38 Secs
    Those CBR125's friggin' rock. You actually learn how to RIDE and not use HP to compensate. Anyway, congrats on the license. It's 60 days from when you passed your written, not from completion of the course... just FYI.
    ....-Noltz
    '91 Frankenheep Edition. 4.0, 4" BDS, Richmond 8.8, 35" KM2's, Titan 12k, ... gone.
    '95 4Runner SR5. Air-Lift bags, OBA & 8K Winch, DD... gone.

mugsy is offline Mugsy the Animal Steel-Moderator
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 4 Mths 1 Wk 6 Days 7 Hrs 55 Mins 43 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Mins 59 Secs
    Why do you have to wait 60 days? I went right away.

Your M1 is good for 60 days, you can go in and upgrade to M2 anytime

my bad you have to wait 60 days from writing
    my wife (RIP) hated my jeep too so i ran her over with it and now we are both happier (me and the jeep)

RETREAD #13

04 Wrangler, 4" lift and 33's

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 2 Wks 1 Day 31 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 14 Secs
    Yup 60 days from time you got your M1.

I wrote my M1 a week ago Friday past and this past weekend took the course at Georgian College in Orangeville .... I too aced the M1 Exit Course Exam.

Now time to go bike shopping !!
    Newmarket Swamper

OF4WD Member # 5246

Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 4 Days 22 Hrs 11 Mins 32 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 55 Secs
    It is only if you take the course you have to wait the 60 days I believe. If you just go for the regular exit test where you walk the bike through the cone slalom, ride through the slalom, and ride and brake in a straight line I beleive it can be done right away.

The course is definitely a good idea though and would teach you a lot of things. The ministry test for it is a joke though like I mentioned with the cones. It's scary how little you need to know and how little skill you need to posess to obtain a license to legally drive some of the fastest and most dangerous pieces of machinery on earth that you can buy for less than $4,000.

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Time Online: 8 Mths 1 Wk 2 Days 12 Hrs 4 Mins 30 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 20 Mins 34 Secs
    good job Joe!!!

what bike are you eyeing up?
    03 Rubicon with stuff to make it gooder

"Bite my Shiny Metal ass!"

Retread #19

Time Online: 3 Days 8 Hrs 57 Mins 19 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 16 Secs
    Good on you Joe just don't let your M2 expire like I did. Now unfortunately I have to start at the bottom again. Man it sucks riding with an M1.

Quote Originally Posted by NINE-T-1-RENEGADE View Post
    It is only if you take the course you have to wait the 60 days I believe. If you just go for the regular exit test where you walk the bike through the cone slalom, ride through the slalom, and ride and brake in a straight line I believe it can be done right away.

The course is definitely a good idea though and would teach you a lot of things. The ministry test for it is a joke though like I mentioned with the cones. It's scary how little you need to know and how little skill you need to posess to obtain a license to legally drive some of the fastest and most dangerous pieces of machinery on earth that you can buy for less than $4,000.
    Nope course has nothing to do with the wait during M2. However with an M1 the only major restrictions are no passengers, no alchol and basically no roads above 80km/h along with time restrictions.

Motorcycle riders with an M1 licence who successfully complete an approved motorcycle safety course that includes a road test with an M1 licence are exempt from taking the ministry's M1 road test and can move to an M2 licence after 60 days. If you complete an approved safety course in either level, you can reduce the time that you must hold an M2 licence from 22 to 18 months. While the motorcycle safety course certificate is valid for two years from its issue date, it may only be used for the M1 road test exemption within six months of its issue date.

My Mood
    Fine
    Time Online: 1 Mth 1 Wk 2 Days 16 Hrs 55 Mins 22 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 16 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by adrian@justjeeps View Post

Nope course has nothing to do with the wait during M2. However with an M1 the only major restrictions are no passengers, no alchol and basically no roads above 80km/h along with time restrictions.
    Definitely no booze! If you get caught - even while driving a car, you'll lose your full G as well as you're back under graduated licensing. Little known fact...
    Coley - 2010 JKU - Deep Water Blue
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ColeyLikesBacon

Quote Originally Posted by Coley View Post
    Definitely no booze! If you get caught - even while driving a car, you'll lose your full G as well as you're back under graduated licensing. Little known fact...
    Wait, this sounds unclear.

So you're saying if you have your full G and go get your M1 written test license that if you are caught with even one beer while driving a CAR you lose your full G as well as M1?

So you're saying if you have your full G and go get your M1 written test license that if you are caught with even one beer while driving a CAR you lose your full G as well as M1?
    Not quite. If you are driving your car then no if on a bike then yes it effects all licenses you hold.

My Mood
    Fine

This is what I was told... after having a full G for 15+ years... once you get your GM1 or GM2... until you get your full GM you're back under graduated licensing... if you get caught with any alcohol in your system whether driving or riding - you lose your license (you can't just lose your M1/M2 license - they're one and the same).... the M1/M2 booze restriction applies to your G as well no matter how long you've had it.

So... until you get your full GM - play it safe...

Not quite. If you are driving your car then no if on a bike then yes it effects all licenses you hold.
    That's what I thought, and would make logical sense. But what Coley is saying would be concerning.

I just wrote my M1 test last week, so it's relevant haha.

Time Online: 1 Day 17 Hrs 45 Mins 33 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 8 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Coley View Post
    This is what I was told... after having a full G for 15+ years... once you get your GM1 or GM2... until you get your full GM you're back under graduated licensing... if you get caught with any alcohol in your system whether driving or riding - you lose your license (you can't just lose your M1/M2 license - they're one and the same).... the M1/M2 booze restriction applies to your G as well no matter how long you've had it.

So... until you get your full GM - play it safe...
    I don't think it works like that, I blew 0.045 driving the jeep, had a GM2 and none of my licenses were affected (.005 more and I woulda had my license suspended).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    not fast at all, but definitely furious

My Mood
    Fine
    From: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/gradu/
    Escalating Sanctions for all Novice Drivers (G1, G2, M1, M2)
    Effective August 1, 2010, novice or hybrid drivers (drivers that hold a novice licence and full licence, e.g., G/M2) will be subject to Novice Driver Escalating Sanctions. These sanctions will apply if, within a five year period, you:

are convicted of violating any of the graduated licensing conditions;
    are convicted of HTA offences that result in 4 or more demerit points; or,
    receive a court-ordered suspension for an HTA offence that would have resulted in 4 or more demerit points
    Novice Drivers
    The Novice Driver Escalating Sanctions are as follows:

30-day licence suspension for the first occurrence;
    90-day licence suspension for the second occurrence; and
    Novice licence cancellation for the third occurrence. Upon a third occurrence, your novice driver’s licence will be cancelled and any time discount earned, time credited or fees paid would be forfeited. You must re-apply to the graduated licensing program by passing a vision and knowledge test and paying all licensing fees. After you pass these tests, you will enter Level One and get a Class G1 licence. You must serve all the Level One and Level Two waiting periods and start as a new driver. You would need to take a beginner driver education course to qualify for a time discount.
    Hybrid Drivers
    Drivers that hold a novice licence and full licence, e.g., G/M2.

The penalties for Escalating Sanctions are as follows:

30-day licence suspension for the first occurrence; both full and novice driver’s licence will be suspended.
    90-day licence suspension for the second occurrence; both full and novice driver’s licence will be suspended.
    Novice Licence cancellation for the third occurrence. Upon a third occurrence, your novice driver’s licence will be cancelled. You must re-apply to the graduated licensing program by passing a vision and knowledge test and paying all licensing fees. After you pass these tests, you will enter Level One and get a Class G1 licence. You must serve all the Level One and Level Two waiting periods and start as a new driver. You will not receive any driving experience credit from your previous novice class. Your full driver’s licence class will not be cancelled and a new licence card will be issued with your full class.
    Note: If you receive a conviction for an escalating sanction offence but now hold a full class G driver’s licence, you will be required to serve the following:

30-day licence suspension for the first occurrence;
    90-day licence suspension for the second occurrence; and
    90-day licence suspension for the third occurrence.

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Note that might be a bit hard to follow, but if you get caught with any booze in your system, it appears 1st offence is 30 day suspension of your FULL license.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ernyov View Post
    I don't think it works like that, I blew 0.045 driving the jeep, had a GM2 and none of my licenses were affected (.005 more and I woulda had my license suspended).
    One way or another - be careful.

^which is what I said the suspension effect all license you hold not the restrictions. If the restrictions applied to all licenses from the lowest one you have that would mean I cannot drive my car at night, cannot drive it on a road above 80km etc etc etc. I have some pretty reliable sources when it comes to the law and have heard this myth before.

Simply put no one should be drinking and driving whether it's one or many.
    Last edited by adrian@justjeeps; 06-27-2011 at 01:55 PM.

Time Online: 1 Day 17 Hrs 45 Mins 33 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 8 Secs
    Yeah in the case I spoke of, the M2 portion of my license means no booze, but since I wasn't riding and the G portion allows me to drive with a maximum of 0.049, I was home free.
    If I had been on the bike, both my G and M2 woulda been suspended.

The way Adrian put it makes a lotta sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Fine
    ^which is what I said the suspension effect all license you hold not the restrictions. If the restrictions applied to all licenses from the lowest one you have that would mean I cannot drive my car at night, cannot drive it on a road above 80km etc etc etc. I have some pretty reliable sources when it comes to the law and have heard this myth before.

Simply put no one should be drinking and driving whether it's one or many.
    The way you put it makes a lot more sense... it was a tough year or so with my M1/M2, and I wasn't about to risk anything.