Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OBA anyone?

Time Online: 2 Wks 6 Days 11 Hrs 3 Mins 10 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 40 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisbuilt View Post
    I've wasted money on Chinese dual head compressors, Viair 450, etc.
    The Chinese thing lasted a month with airbags, the Viair was an exspensive and slow waste of money.

York 210 is the best thing you can find.
    hmm, only heard good things about Viair's, course that's from those using it for tires, some tools... maybe airbags have a higher demand.
    for engine driven, seems the York is the only one to spend a good amount of $$ on, but the Sandens that come stock (aka free) have a certain appeal also.
    insert something witty here

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 1 Day 1 Hr 19 Mins 2 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 42 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    I've even seen people attempt to do OBA with the $20 Chinbodian Trash special that takes half an hour to inflate a minivan tire...some people just don't get it...

Chris...I am going to guess the answer will be no, but I have to ask...any issue with the hydraulic lines and air leaks? I had a 'hydraulic expert' tell me that hydraulic hose "breathes" and they would leak air...

I am thinking the Kilby Tube-O to NPT fittings will be in order...it will just make it cleaner...

I did notice (read ---> hear) a leak underhood when the compressor was running, obviously the leak got louder as the pressure got higher, but I have not looked further into where and why as it was a quick setup for the weekend and I do not foresee using it for at least a few more weeks, so I have a bit of time to look into it...hopefully I can have it fully plumbed before the next use...
    The hydraulic line is perfect and never an issue. Do you have a one way check valve? Put one just before your pressure switch so the hydraulic line and everything else will bleed down when not in use. It will help it live longer with under hood temperatures.

If you are still using copper lines they are probably leaking at the fittings. The York vibrates like hell when it's on and will shake the hard lines pretty bad. You need flex lines.
    The kilby o ring fittings are great, rotate in any direction, flawless seal, standard pipe thread for hose but you get what you pay for.

Airbags and compressor on a trail ride used to get a serious workout. Then I got a currie antirock and now I don't have to correct it as much. Now I just use it for those special occasions when I need to get over or under something in the way.

The York and mount was the cheapest part of my OBA.
    Free compressor from my brother off a Cessna Caravan, mount was another Chrisbuilt item, clutch I got from JKmotorsport for $0. The Kilby fittings were the most expensive single part. The tank I pulled off a dead Delta compressor, the fittings and DOT lines I got in bulk. All the suspension valves are industrial application and were a back door wholesale buddy deal from an ex-Jeeper. Thanks Hodgi. And each airbag was only $140.
    Last edited by Chrisbuilt; 07-26-2011 at 01:51 AM.
    83 CJ9 LS5.3/4L60E/231/B4R/D300, 8274,D60/14b,ARBs,15"airbags susp, 18"stretch 39"PITBULLS
    09 Nissan
    Ford F350 CrewCab Long box 4x4 TowPIG/dd 165"wheelbase

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Time Online: 11 Mths 3 Wks 21 Hrs 35 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 28 Mins 55 Secs
    The hydraulic line is perfect and never an issue. Do you have a one way check valve? Put one just before your pressure switch so the hydraulic line and everything else will bleed down when not in use. It will help it live longer with under hood temperatures.
    Good to know, the plan is to have a check valve in there, but the timing to get it running for the weekend did not allow for it as of yet.

If you are still using copper lines they are probably leaking at the fittings. The York vibrates like hell when it's on and will shake the hard lines pretty bad. You need flex lines.
    The kilby o ring fittings are great, rotate in any direction, flawless seal, standard pipe thread for hose but you get what you pay for.
    No lines and/or tank as of yet...just the fittings and a quick connect on the discharge and a filter on the suction side...this will change soon...after all the input from yourself, Noltz, and Jack Flash there will be some flex lines installed in this setup once it is fully plumbed.

Thanks for your input and experiences.
    His ---> 04 LJ - 4.0L, Auto ɹnoɟ pɐǝɹʇǝɹ
    Hers ---> 75 Renegade Project - 304 V8, T15 3 speed uoıʇɐıɔossɐ ʎq pɐǝɹʇǝɹ

Time Online: 7 Mths 4 Days 31 Mins 46 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 17 Mins 35 Secs
    Brahhhh.... i take my jeep to the beach all the time cuz it impresses the girls. if i get oba, how quick do u think it would take to air up my water wings?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    well...I had an air mattress done in no time...WAY better then the suck and blow of weekends past...

My Mood
    Happy
    Time Online: 4 Wks 1 Day 6 Hrs 49 Mins 10 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 24 Secs
    "WAY better then the suck and blow of weekends past"
    Jeff, I was unaware that you swung that way.
    2010 Rubicon 2dr wimp wagon

My Mood
    Aggressive
    ^ LOL...I knew somebody would make a comment about that...