Thread: derby car help!!

Time Online: 1 Day 5 Hrs 55 Mins 3 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Secs

derby car help!!

Ive got a 1991 mercury topaz derby car im looking to bypass the rev limiter if anyone knows how to do this they can post it on here or send me a pm and let me know how please . Ive ran the exact same car 2 years ago and won I just need a little more go fast this year is a race/derby
    95 s10- tonka truck, 31s 3 inch lift
    87 toyota clusterfawk , 305 39s mud mud/rock toy
    85 scottsdale ,4 inch lift 33" mtz 350 sbc my future DD/weekend warrior

no sooner do u post that i thought of the same thing cutting the wire that goes from the tach to the computer would mean the computer no longer knows the rpms and cant kick in the limiter. perfect Im definatly going to try this out . thanks alot for your help!!
    Last edited by JimmyKnux; 07-24-2011 at 10:38 PM.

so my mechanic buddy just informed me that the no rpm guage may cause the car not to shift , or even prevent it from starting so now im scared to cut it haha he was telling me the MAF will conflict with the no rpm gauge and mess with my idle .. anyone got a little more insight into this?!

Time Online: 2 Wks 1 Hr 26 Mins 51 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 9 Secs
    The line going to the Engine Control Module would most likely be a variable voltage. If you knew this for sure (you can test the line as you change rpm), you could do something as simple as adding a resister to alter the voltage (if it's all linear and directly proportional) to fool the ECM.

Time Online: 1 Yr 8 Mths 3 Wks 19 Hrs 59 Mins 9 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 51 Mins 41 Secs
    ecm will just read bad sensor and ignore it since it won't jive with the tps and map sensor. Check if the chip is soldered or removable, someone on here must have a moates flasher and blank chips are cheap.
    1989 Jeep YJ, AMC 401 fuel injected, D60 welded/14b locked, SM-465, np203 to Dana20 doubler, 44" XMLs, etc....

my next issue is I got the rad mounted in the back seat electric fan inside blowing air out I planned on running hydraulic hose 1 1/2 inner diameter for my rad hoses but im looking at 230$ for hoses that will just get used once and probably destroyed. I found some suction hose at TSC that will take 150 psi and 110F but im pretty sure the temp rating is too low , I really dont want to get scalded haha any other ideas? I thought run some galvanized pipe with rad hoses at each end but as the car caves in the pipe will too. This derby is at a buddys and there is no rules so thats not an issue

every year we do it, insane bumpers and as much welding as you can do , 20 laps gotta make a hit every lap. a couple years ago we had bobnoxious play on our redneck stage in the gully it was bad ass! I found some stuff at tsc rated for 150F im going to assume its under rated like most stuff is and just keep the majority of it out of the car to prevent and serious burns if the hose does rupture everything else is way too much money for the 45 min it will be in use

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

i think i got it! im going to run the TSC hose under the car cut holes in the floor and from the floor up run exhaust pipe to the stock rad hoses less chance of the TSC hose blowing up inside the car