Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allstate is dropping me.. now I'm frustrated

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 6 Days 15 Hrs 34 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 45 Secs

Allstate is dropping me.. now I'm frustrated

To clarify, they're only dropping the bike, not the Jeep.

I received a phone call today telling me that the underwriters at Allstate insurance is unwilling to take on my Suzuki SFV 650 because it's a naked sports bike that's too high a risk. I asked if it has anything to do with my license classification (I get my M2 tomorrow morning) and she said no, it's solely because of the bike. They've given me a grace period of 30 days to find alternate insurance.

Considering that Allstate gave me a hell of a deal for my bike ($400/yr less than Jevco and no down payment required), this blows... now what?
    OF4WD Member # 5887

Quote Originally Posted by craveneh View Post
    You`d be surprised what your capable of when your balls are not in someones purse
    For Sale:
    Tan Rear Seat - 2004 TJ | Rear Seat Belt Assembly - Complete

Coming Soon:
    American Racing 172s | Jeep TJ Mopar Add-a-trunk | Roller fairlead + cable | TJ Liftgate Spare Tire Mount w/ Centre Stop-Light | Rubi D44 Factory Diff Cover

My Mood
    Confused
    Time Online: 2 Yrs 1 Mth 3 Wks 3 Days 21 Hrs 34 Mins 42 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Hr 4 Mins 43 Secs
    that sucks ,have you tried a broker yet ?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/piratexpress1369a
    96 ZJ 4.0L 33x15 BFG'S

OF4WD#5926

http://www.jeepkings.ca/forums/showt...sket+placement

IN LOVING MEMORY ..DAYKOTA
    PIRATES NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT HIS BOAT..

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 5 Days 15 Hrs 43 Mins 46 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 40 Secs
    Try State Farm?
    Jeepless!!

Retread #3
    Member# 5883

Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 2 Days 4 Hrs 45 Mins 3 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 48 Secs
    I had my Honda 599 (naked sport bike also) insured with State Farm. $50/mo with an M2 licence. The ride to their office to have pictures taken was my first ride ever on a bike, the day I got my M1. They were made aware of the modifications too (exhaust, rejetted carbs, undertail, etc.) Had the Jeep with them too. They may not take a bike, unless you have another vehicle or home policy with them though. They only seemed concerned with the cc's, and not the type of bike. I think there is a sponsor on the gtamotorcycle.com site that specializes in bike insurance.. but i haven't checked that site in a while.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Time Online: 5 Mths 1 Wk 2 Days 19 Hrs 18 Mins 26 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 13 Mins 10 Secs
    Sorry to hear about that Joe. Unfortunitly I've been through it several times in the thirty yrs I've been riding. In the mid-eighties the insurance companies black listed a whole mess of Sport bikes and wouldn't insure them. My insurance company sent me a six hundred percent increase one year.
    As they said, I found a broker that was a decent guy and he looked around and I've never had a problem since.

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Wks 1 Day 2 Mins 5 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Mins 8 Secs
    ^ whut he said, there are brokers out there specifically for motorcycle ins. Weird tho, allstate insures my harley that aint stock, my kawi that aint stock and my jawa that aint stock, but wont insure yer stock sv sport touring. I do know companies that have carried motorcycle ins are dropping the whole ball of wax however, times they are-a changin.
    Strength is nothing more than how well you hide the pain

Yer hot, wet, and extremely satisfying. You always put a smile on my face and yer the first thing i want in my mouth when i wake up....aaaaaahhhhhh Coffee, my only friend.

Time Online: 5 Mths 19 Hrs 40 Mins 6 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 12 Mins 26 Secs
    Joe, go to Heather Solie Insurance Brokers in Milton. They are a State Farm representative and when I switched to her representation, the rates were the same as Bel Air Direct (i.e. cheap).

Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Wks 6 Days 22 Hrs 22 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Mins 37 Secs
    x2 on State Farm. They don't black list bikes. Also, www.kanetix.ca
    OF4WD 5982 & 5983

I'm on GTAMotorcycles as well and they mentioned that Meloche Monex will cover PEO members for cheap (which I am), but the MM price is still $200/yr more than my current price. I've contacted Allstate to ask them to verify they looked at the right bike, as I believe my bike has a 1000cc and a 650cc option. Sometimes these companies read the description and don't look any further... "CBR125!?!?!?! WOW! 125hp is too much for such a small bike, you'll kill yourself for sure. We won't cover it".... idiots.

I'm thinking of letting the insurance lapse on the 15th of Sept and start it back up next April when my Allstate insurance expires. I could switch everything over at that time without penalty.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 4 Mths 1 Wk 4 Days 17 Hrs 32 Mins 32 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Mins 51 Secs
    pick up all your toys and change sand boxes. odds are you will get a discount for having all you junk insured with the same company. so when your looking make sure you ask what rates would be like if you moved everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayheminc View Post
    Life is good in the republic of bacon
    RETREAD #9

Jeannie is offline Christmas is for kids, Santa's on his way
    My Mood
    Amused
    Time Online: 6 Mths 2 Wks 3 Days 21 Hrs 51 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 16 Mins 19 Secs
    Joe give my broker a call, Steve Pinnington at Wardell Insurance on Brant St in Burlington, if he can't help you, he may know someone that can, he has redirected me if it meant saving money, so top notch a-1 guy to deal with
    Titan Off-Road / Everlast Welders Canada
    750 Darlene Court, Unit 2
    Burlington, ON L7L5V1
    905-637-1637
    http://www.titanwinches.com
    http://www.everlastwelders.ca

Thanks Jeannie, I'll see if I can call them tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Plowboy View Post
    pick up all your toys and change sand boxes. odds are you will get a discount for having all you junk insured with the same company. so when your looking make sure you ask what rates would be like if you moved everything
    It'll cost me up to $150 to leave Allstate... depending on the price I get from State Farm, I'm very seriously considering this! If a beginner bike is too much risk, I don't want to deal with them.

Time Online: 2 Mths 3 Wks 3 Days 12 Hrs 6 Mins 34 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Mins 58 Secs
    The Personal is the company that offers the best discount for PEO and OSPE (OSPE apparently gets a better discount than just PEO but I can't confirm this - only what the person over th phone said). Their quotes for my auto insurance were substantially less than any other company I contacted, and same deal for home insurance as well.
    Tri-City Jeep Club

My Mood
    Amused
    Time Online: 2 Mths 11 Hrs 48 Mins 33 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 59 Secs
    two words when it comes to bikes....State Farm
    Poster does not represent or warrant the the information accessible via this post is accurate or complete. Except as specifically stated on this post, neither rbjeepthing nor any of his affiliates, will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this post.

Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 4 Days 19 Hrs 15 Mins 57 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 55 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by RBJeepThing View Post
    two words when it comes to bikes....State Farm
    ^ This for sure. Buddy of mine has a had a couple 600cc sport bikes with them and they are very cheap and good to him.

mugsy is offline Mugsy the Animal Steel-Moderator
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 4 Mths 1 Wk 6 Days 7 Hrs 55 Mins 43 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Mins 59 Secs
    Riders plus insurance
    my wife (RIP) hated my jeep too so i ran her over with it and now we are both happier (me and the jeep)

RETREAD #13

04 Wrangler, 4" lift and 33's

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll check all these places, but many seem to care about how long I've had an M license, and it's only been 59 days...

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatruck View Post
    The Personal is the company that offers the best discount for PEO and OSPE (OSPE apparently gets a better discount than just PEO but I can't confirm this - only what the person over th phone said). Their quotes for my auto insurance was substantially less than any other company I contacted for auto insurance and then home insurance as well.
    This actually makes sense, you have to be a member of PEO to be a member of OSPE, but not the other way around. So OSPE members get a group discount off of the discounted PEO price...

Only problem is that the personal won't cover my Jeep (already been down that road).

Time Online: 1 Mth 1 Wk 23 Hrs 25 Mins 56 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 7 Secs
    I was with State Farm when I had my accident 16 years ago.

If their premium to me was free for life on whatever bike I chose I would pay to go elsewhere. Premiums are one half of insurance. As my lawyer at the time said "only Allstate and Statefarm have their own adjusters (back in '95). Guess which clients have the biggest problems with regardless of claim size?"

I know how they treated me. I wouild never re-live it. The last thing you need after an accident is to fight to get your bills paid because your insurance company is ignoring Ontario insurance law. You shouldnt have to go to the Ontario Insurance comission time and time again to get your insurer to pay what they agreed to under your policy. I was off work for 2 years and cut off from benefits by State Farm more times than I can remember and State Farm paid the benefits again before we got to the Ontario Insurance commission. They tried to make things hell so I would settle early and out of court. I had to settle with an arbitrator 3 years later. The original offer was 10% of what the arbitrator agreed was fair. It was a nightmare. 1995. I still have issues from the accident.

Everyone can make their own decisions but I will always say no to State Farm.

Time Online: 3 Mths 1 Wk 3 Days 13 Hrs 43 Mins 30 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 8 Mins 17 Secs
    i had huge trouble insuring my 50cc moped. i ended up with state farm, but am paying nearly as much as i am for my 3/4 ton truck
    currently building a toyota. i'm sorry.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 1 Wk 9 Hrs 1 Min 5 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 36 Secs
    I have had 2 bikes with statefarm, A ducati 900 was $900/year, and now an R6 and it's $1000
    79 GMC K2500 converted shortbox stepside K3500, 454 BBC, SM465l, Dana60/14b w 4.56,
    2005 F250 on 35's DD