Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Allstate is dropping me.. now I'm frustrated

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 2 Wks 1 Day 31 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 14 Secs
    Joe sounds like you and I got our M1's on the same day ... I hit my 60 day tomorrow too.

I took the M1 Exit Course through Georgian College (Orangeville Campus) a week later and the following weekend picked up my 2009 Suzuki GS500F. I called my broker that has my (modded) Jeep, the wife's minivan and my Dodge Charger. They rep Jevco who is a well known bike insurer ... they wanted $1250 a year for full coverage.

I then went to http://www.ridersplus.com/ and got a quote of $800 a year for full coverage. I called them after doing the online quote to verify it was correct, and it was. If you have taken a course they treat you as M2 right out of the gate (regardless of 60 day waiting period). They also told me that I should expect a discount immediately upon acquiring my full M license.

Not sure if age makes a difference ... I am 44yrs old (yeah old guy ... LOL !!!)

Give RidersPlus a try ... hope this helps.
    Newmarket Swamper

OF4WD Member # 5246

Time Online: 5 Mths 6 Days 1 Min 41 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 12 Mins 51 Secs
    hey dude i'm hunting for a good deal aswell for my new bike, i've got a plated WR450 and state farm want's almost $1200 a year for it and my record is spotless

My Mood
    Cool
    Time Online: 2 Days 2 Hrs 44 Mins 6 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Secs
    I'm with riders plus, and took the course. After the first year my insurance dropped $200. Time to renew, and I looked online, Riders Plus is still the cheapest.
    From an unknown aircraft waiting in a very long takeoff queue: "I'm f...ing bored!"

Ground Traffic Control: "Last aircraft transmitting, identify yourself immediately!"

Unknown aircraft: "I said I was f...ing bored, not f...ing stupid!"

Time Online: 2 Wks 6 Days 5 Hrs 56 Mins 47 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 40 Secs
    I've got my 2011 Street Glide with Jevco for $1300 and my green plated xr650r with State Farm for $175. Riders Plus was over $1500 on the Harley and didn't want the green plated bike.

Time Online: 1 Wk 3 Days 18 Hrs 58 Mins 30 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 53 Secs
    Try Primmum, it's part of TD insurance, specifically for bikes

D.
    "..cut my deck to the queen of spades,
    but the cards were all the same.."

Time Online: 1 Mth 1 Wk 23 Hrs 25 Mins 56 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 7 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by buckinbullock View Post
    i had huge trouble insuring my 50cc moped. i ended up with state farm, but am paying nearly as much as i am for my 3/4 ton truck
    Like suggested above try TD / primmum. I got a quote for my 50cc scoot for under $300. It was similar for RBC and kingsways motorcycle division.

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 6 Days 15 Hrs 34 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 45 Secs
    Thanks for the input guys. WranglerIV, my riderplus insurance was much much higher. I'll call to verify, but so far my cheapest insurance is The Personal with ~$900/yr (liability and comp). Did you go to the ministry to get your M2 yet?
    OF4WD Member # 5887

Quote Originally Posted by craveneh View Post
    You`d be surprised what your capable of when your balls are not in someones purse
    For Sale:
    Tan Rear Seat - 2004 TJ | Rear Seat Belt Assembly - Complete

Coming Soon:
    American Racing 172s | Jeep TJ Mopar Add-a-trunk | Roller fairlead + cable | TJ Liftgate Spare Tire Mount w/ Centre Stop-Light | Rubi D44 Factory Diff Cover

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 2 Wks 1 Day 31 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 14 Secs
    ^ Yup went this morning ... easy as pie. All you need is your sealed envelope from the course you took, your G License Card and your M1 License. Took about 4min to process. The worst part of the whole thing is standing in the line for an hour at the DriveTest office.

My Mood
    Dead
    Time Online: 2 Mths 4 Days 2 Hrs 39 Mins 48 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 17 Secs
    State Farm doesnt care what your bike is... just what the listed CC's are. They also only care that you had any kind of license for 10 years to get their 'good' rates. My F650GS twin is 80$ a month full coverage... until they figure its a detuned 850.
    I BE GETTING BUILDING ME A REAL JEEP.....

Click here for details.

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 6 Days 15 Hrs 34 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 45 Secs
    Welcome back Lil.... Thanks for the tip.

I checked out State Farm. The rates weren't bad but still a little more than Allstate. I ended up going with ThePersonal and got a great rate. Came out to $87 ($17.xx/month and I have no accident coverage) from now until my OSPE group policy expires March 1st. Overall, Allstate's fawk up is saving me about $500.

My Mood
    Dead
    Time Online: 2 Mths 4 Days 2 Hrs 39 Mins 48 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 17 Secs
    nice deal I like fawkups