Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 79 CJ7 Second time around build

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Time Online: 1 Wk 3 Days 13 Hrs 4 Mins 46 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 52 Secs
    well i think i have won a bit of the battle with the skid plate , i have to elongate the middle holes and drill new holes to mount the front bolts , the problem is i will have no rear mounting holes due to the fact that the 79 frame has 5 holes along the frame rail and the 83 only has 4 .....so my questions does any one have any suggestions to do with the rear mounting holes ... dont want to leave only 4 bolts mounting the skid plate

Time Online: 1 Mth 1 Wk 22 Hrs 36 Mins 41 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 7 Secs
    Since your frame is already painted and you probably don't want to mess up the paint the best bet would be a rivnut, drill a hole install the proper size rivnut and done

'02 TJ - DD/Parts Runner
    '83 CJ8 - Toy/Project

My Mood
    Aggressive
    thanks ledhead , was thinking i was going to have drill and weld , going to see if i can get a couple today

Time Online: 1 Mth 1 Wk 22 Hrs 36 Mins 41 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 7 Secs
    Here's a good writeup, and a cheap instillation tool

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/nu...nstall-390635/

My Mood
    Aggressive
    thanks again Chris , look like i have to wait till monday to get the rivnuts

My Mood
    Aggressive

belt alignment

I had removed the power steering pump and some brackets a while ago as well as the alternator and bracket when i reinstalled it, my belts are not in proper allignment , so i first thought belts were on the wrong pulleys but it seems right , but then again i been wrong before haha anyways i posted two pics and i also have one question is there supposed to be spacer ( where i am pointing in the picture) also that one bolt that is sticking out is just not tightened down ....any help would be great
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG-20110915-00044.jpg   IMG-20110915-00043.jpg  

Time Online: 2 Wks 3 Days 6 Hrs 35 Mins 8 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 25 Secs
    Mine is set up like your's with the PSP on the inside pulley, no spacer although I have a slightly different bracket ( the one your finger's on)
    It's hard to see but it looks like the belts line up on the crank, so I would suspect the fan pulley not installed correctly??????

My Mood
    Aggressive
    thanks exheep that was going to be my next check , the only difference from now than before was the previous owner didnt have the triangle shape bracket that mounts to the engine block , will try to figure it out today ...thanks again

My Mood
    Aggressive
    problem solved , had the spacer that was suppose to be behind the fan was behind the pulley , to many beers one night i guess haha

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Well it been a long winter ..no i didnt abandon the build haha , we had our second child back in NOvember ( girl) so my priorities slightly changed ..anyways the chassis is completely back together , new brakelines fuel lines , fuel sendin unit , blah blah , installed the body back on the frame a week ago , starting to do more assembly then on to body work and paint , i must say there were times i thought the chassis would never meet the frame , but now the motivation is back haha , will post some pics when i get a chance