Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Jeep TJ, First Year adventures with my Heep

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 1 Mth 4 Days 15 Hrs 36 Mins 2 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 51 Secs
    As soon as I can find a new transmission for my GTI I will have a DD for the Summer months. I don't know about ton's quite yet, but a Rubicon is in the plans.

My Mood
    Twisted
    I signed on the dotted line and I will have the next phase of my Jeep journey.

Don't worry the plastic crap will be coming off the grill/hood/fenders right quick.
    Last edited by MotoSoul; 04-05-2012 at 04:51 PM.

My Mood
    Confused
    Time Online: 2 Yrs 1 Mth 3 Wks 3 Days 21 Hrs 34 Mins 42 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Hr 4 Mins 43 Secs
    good to hear you were ok and that you found a replacement
    http://www.youtube.com/user/piratexpress1369a
    96 ZJ 4.0L 33x15 BFG'S

OF4WD#5926

http://www.jeepkings.ca/forums/showt...sket+placement

IN LOVING MEMORY ..DAYKOTA
    PIRATES NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT HIS BOAT..

Time Online: 1 Wk 5 Hrs 36 Mins 20 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 35 Secs
    Hey Moto, just thought I would poke around on JK again and figured I would check in on the ol TJ and saw this... That sucks about the collision, she is/will be missed! Looks like you found a solid replacement though! Congrats on the new Rubi, that would have been my next move too...

Not gonna lie, I do check the Jeeps for sale thread now and then... Maybe one day an o4 Rubi with no tops or doors, a 4"LA kit with 35's, with under 100,000k and a winch will be listed for say the fair fair price of 3-4grand, certified of course LOL maybe a few more years...
    GONE 4.0L TJ Sport | 5 sp | Skyjacker BB w/Hydro's | 1" Prothane BL Kit | open 30/35's | 3.73 | 33x10.5 TSL Radials on Ravine's | 12k Titan
    CURRENT '07 JKUR | 6 sp | Eibach All Terrain 3.5 Lift w/ Adj CA | 34x11 Toyo MT | MBRP catback | Traildash | SW Tigershark 11.5K | Delta Quadbar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Yeah Bruckus I was really disapointed that it got wrecked. As soon as I saw it from outside I knew it was gone. It will always have a special place being the Jeep I learned how to drive off-road in. There is no replacement for lockers though lol.

Anyways I guess I should put an update here since I didn't do anything all year.

A few of the guys surprised me by showing up at the dealership when I went to pick it up. It is always nice to have friends that care.

After a quick coffee it was off to my place to swap over a few things and get it looking proper.

The small pile of parts to get it ready for the season. Currie Steering, Daystar 1 inch body lift, a new steering stabilizer and my old rear bumper setup(Pro Comp Bumper and the rear tire brace I designed and had TMR build me) The Currie steering has saved my butt at least three times over the course of the season.

So much for the low K and low rust making things easy. Thankfully this is my second Jeep as when the body mount spun I just cut an access hole to check it out.

I don't own a welder, so it was off to see my buddy Rob to get it stitched up.

Between the time I wrecked my Jeep and getting the new one Dwayne let me borrow his Jeep. I loved the sound that the exhaust made, so I had to have it for mine(Sorry Colin no Cherry bomb for me )

Tom Picked me up a Metal Cloak Bumper for dirt cheap as well as a used Warn Winch. Gotta love it when you get a text message asking if you want a winch. Then you find out it was the one you were interested on Jeep Kings, but it was too far of a drive to check out. He was up in that neck of the woods, and so it came home.

This is pretty much how it sat for the entire season. I had to swap out the front brake calipers, water pump and pretty much every U Joint under the truck. I proceeded to beat the crap out of it on some trails I had not tried before.

My Mood
    Twisted

I had been looking at this AEV Slider skid plate for a while. After a night run on Scotch line that resulted in Matt snapping his rear drive shaft I decided it was time. A special thanks to Tom who found one for him and myself after calling every AEV dealer in the US.

When you follow the Blueprint around on Turkey Hill things are bound to happen

A quick stop at the TMR shop on the way home for wings and parts got me some new Lower Control Arm Mounts. Friends don't let friends wheel with stock lower control arm mounts....

Again I don't own a welder, so it was off to the one shop I trust to cut my heep apart. Jim at Rockspyder got my new lowers on. At the same time I had my custom Lower Control arms that TMR made for my last truck swapped in as well as a set of Currie uppers donated by Dwayne.

This little stuck resulted in

I have a bad habit of twisting up stock shovels....

My Mood
    Twisted
    Here are a few pictures from my adventures for the year.

Sitting on Scotch line

Waiting to go down the first bit of Green's

Finally getting to go down

Taking a break watching the dirt bikers wipe out.

I wonder why I need to replace unit bearings? Going up the off shoot of Weakest link in the wet

The back side of Weakest link.

High centered in a water hole with mud coming right up to the frame...

One of my favorite Rocks on Scotch Line

Poser shot showing the sweet flex of my pro comp suspension..... not.... lol

Lots of fun stuff in Ardbeg

My Mood
    Twisted
    I wish I didn't have a hard drive failure as had a lot more from the season. Anyways here are some video's that I still have left.

Things I have to install for this season:

TMR Customs Steering box skid plate
    Undercover Fabworks DeepCover transmission/Engine Skid plate
    Undercover FabWorks LoPro Mount
    M.O.R.E Bombproof 1 inch Engine Mount lift
    2 Unit Bearings
    2 Front axle Shaft U joints(the only two on the whole truck I haven't changed yet)

Wish/Build List
    Shorten a stock tire carrier to tuck in my 3 inch back spaced wheels - Anyone have one kicking around?
    Cut and re weld a stock 03-06 gas tank skid to tuck it up an inch or so - Again I am in the market for one not bent to fawk like the one on my truck.

Other then that it is what ever I break. Next season should be a blast.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Time Online: 1 Mth 1 Day 7 Hrs 49 Mins 29 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 34 Secs
    Cherry Bomb is where its AT!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Time Online: 4 Wks 1 Day 7 Hrs 31 Mins 49 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 25 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by EatingSpam View Post
    Cherry Bomb is where its AT!
    LOL epic.
    PAX ARMIS ACQUIRITUR
    99 TJ, HPD60/14B, TMR Customs 3 and 4 link, 40's.

Project Sandstorm Remix

My Mood
    Twisted
    Alright since the season is finally here I guess I should update this.

The motor mounts went in with no fuss.

Stock skid plates just don't seem to stand up to the abuse I put them through.

After a little cutting and grinding the low pro mount is on .

Old

New

The engine skid plate instructions leave much to be desired but a little Google fu provided the answers.

This picture reminds me that I really need to do something about my rear shock mounts. I want to cut the stock ones off and mount them to the back of the lower control arm mount. This way it will just slide over the rocks instead of getting caught and bending things.