Thread: who sells rims and tires for a good price

Time Online: 2 Days 1 Min 6 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 9 Secs

who sells rims and tires for a good price

i just bought a 2.5 teraflex lift for my jk unlimited now im looking at buying some rims with 35's just wondering who everyone recommends any help will be appreciated thanks

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Time Online: 3 Wks 1 Day 2 Hrs 42 Mins 44 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 49 Secs
    Buying them state side is the cheapest way to go. Have them shipped to UPS in buffalo ny and go pick them up. Even after paying duty and taxes your still ahead of the game.
    Servicing and Repair of RV's at Sicards RV in Smithville on HWY 20

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 4 Days 22 Hrs 33 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 36 Secs
    Ontario auto market and tires- 519-653-7447 in cambridge seemed to have really good prices when I was shopping around.

Cheap thrills in Milton used to be really good although i haven't been there in 20- yrs. but its still around..

Time Online: 1 Wk 1 Day 2 Hrs 38 Mins 31 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 40 Secs
    procomp has sweet deal going on right now! Buy 3 get the 4th free mail in rebate. i just ordered a set from justjeeps today!!
    OF4WD MEMBER# 6363

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Time Online: 6 Mths 1 Wk 3 Days 7 Hrs 41 Mins 51 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 15 Mins 41 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Star View Post
    procomp has sweet deal going on right now! Buy 3 get the 4th free mail in rebate. i just ordered a set from justjeeps today!!
    I did the same thing today
    1952 Jeep M38 project

Time Online: 1 Day 2 Hrs 12 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Secs
    That same ProComp deal is available whether you buy in Canada or the US. I buy all my tires from tirepackage.com and have them delivered to our local US border store. Unfortunately there is no one in our area that will come even remotely close to their price. And they wonder why no one wants to shop local anymore. Sorry guys I'm all for shopping local but taking a $1000+ hit per set of tires, just to say I bought local, doesn't cut it...[COLOR="Silver"]
    Last edited by JTPhoto JK; 10-16-2011 at 10:32 PM.
    Jeff _(OIIIO)_

08 Black and Khaki JK Sahara Unlimited, Dual Tops, MyGig, Tow pkg, Trax-Lok Rear Diff,
    Mods -- 3.5" Rock Krawler front springs, 2.5 TerraFlex BB rear, 315/75R-16 GoodYear Duratracs, ProComp 7089 Xtreme Alloys, Aries Grille Guard, LightForce Striker 170 lights,Flex-A-Lite 18,000 GVW Transcooler

Time Online: 2 Mths 6 Days 12 Hrs 41 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 29 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by JTPhoto JK View Post
    That same ProComp deal is available whether you buy in Canada or the US. I buy all my tires from tirepackage.com and have them delivered to our local US border store. Unfortunately there is no one in our area that will come even remotely close to their price. And they wonder why no one wants to shop local anymore. Sorry guys I'm all for shopping local but taking a $1000+ hit per set of tires, just to say I bought local, doesn't cut it...[COLOR="Silver"]
    Don't forget to factor in your gas and time to go pick them up. And then after you get them, take them to a local shop to mount, balance and install them. Probably close to the 1k mark. IMO it is always best to keep your local shop in business.

That's $1000+ all said and done. A set of 5 wheels and tires, installed and balanced $49.95, and shipped usually $49.95. Thats $100 or less depending on their deal at the time. Many times you will get free shipping. Cost To pick them up, $15 for gas and while I'm there fuel up US price equivalent to .92 liter, that makes up for the trip right there. I agree though if you have to have them installed at home our local tire shops want $50 per tire to install and balance whether or not you buy from them, at their inflated tire prices or not. If you can find me a Canadian company that can provide that kind of price within $200 delivered to my door I'll buy from them. A Canadian company you pay in US funds, that ships to a US depot for pick up is doing just what I do. Order from US, deliver in the US, for me to pickup in the US.... Don't forget most of these tires are made in the US so buying direct is always going to be cheaper and no duty on US products only HST same as we have to pay at local shops..

I just paid $235 a tire for 35" Duratracs, where you gonna come close to that price in Canada. Best I've found here (Just Jeeps) is $389 a tire so thats $154 difference X 5 = $770 diff just for the tires, if you want new wheels add to that at least $100 difference per wheel for average alloy wheels.. Now you're up to $1270 difference and tires aren't mounted or balanced yet. Now if you have to pay your local tire shop $50 a tire install and balance your difference has just gone up another $100 to $1370. So you average package from the US 5 tires $235 ea, wheels $149 ea, all 5 mounted and balanced $49.95, shipped $49.95 = $2020 Price in Canada $3390.. Still think its worth buying local?

Time Online: 2 Mths 6 Days 12 Hrs 41 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 29 Secs
    I didn't think twice about giving my local shop my business.

Doing my part to keep the unemployment lines at least 1 person shorter

Time Online: 1 Wk 1 Day 12 Hrs 50 Mins 27 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 42 Secs
    The Jeep dealership in Hamilton Dewilt sold me.my.KM2.and my.dicep rims. And cheapest.price in town. Just call forna great price. Adam will set you up.
    Winter.will be here soon. Let the drama begin.

Quote Originally Posted by v1nc3 View Post
    I didn't think twice about giving my local shop my business.

Doing my part to keep the unemployment lines at least 1 person shorter
    Oh I've given them the opportunity and they won't even try around here. Like I said, if they would come close they'd have my business. Fine and dandy to say keep another person working but $1000 is a weeks wages for me to throw away.

My Mood
    Busy
    Time Online: 2 Mths 4 Wks 17 Hrs 25 Mins 49 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Mins 18 Secs
    can you throw some # out there and lets see what a deal on tires looks like.
    ive owned a set of 31,32 33,35, and 42 bfg goodyear and swampers.
    i just want to see what a deal on tire prices looks like because ive never seen one yet unless you get a used set.

ill be shopping for another set soon is why im asking

My Mood
    Amused
    Time Online: 2 Mths 11 Hrs 48 Mins 33 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 59 Secs
    That's $1000+ all said and done. A set of 5 wheels and tires, installed and balanced $49.95, and shipped usually $49.95. Thats $100 or less depending on their deal at the time. Many times you will get free shipping. Cost To pick them up, $15 for gas and while I'm there fuel up US price equivalent to .92 liter, that makes up for the trip right there. I agree though if you have to have them installed at home our local tire shops want $50 per tire to install and balance whether or not you buy from them, at their inflated tire prices or not. If you can find me a Canadian company that can provide that kind of price within $200 delivered to my door I'll buy from them. A Canadian company you pay in US funds, that ships to a US depot for pick up is doing just what I do. Order from US, deliver in the US, for me to pickup in the US.... Don't forget most of these tires are made in the US so buying direct is always going to be cheaper and no duty on US products only HST same as we have to pay at local shops..

I just paid $235 a tire for 35" Duratracs, where you gonna come close to that price in Canada. Best I've found here (Just Jeeps) is $389 a tire so thats $154 difference X 5 = $770 diff just for the tires, if you want new wheels add to that at least $100 difference per wheel for average alloy wheels.. Now you're up to $1270 difference and tires aren't mounted or balanced yet. Now if you have to pay your local tire shop $50 a tire install and balance your difference has just gone up another $100 to $1370. So you average package from the US 5 tires $235 ea, wheels $149 ea, all 5 mounted and balanced $49.95, shipped $49.95 = $2020 Price in Canada $3390.. Still think its worth buying local?
    Let me clear up a couple of things. Just Jeeps price is not $389.95 on a Duratrac in a 35 for a JK 17" currently it's $339.95 on their website. Also for the Procomp buy 3 get one free deal the tire has to be the same or more then USA MSRP. Canadian retail numbers are within $0-$30 of Procomps msrp to qualify for the deal so far on the ones I have checked.

Unfortunately Goodyear like some other retailers has separate US and CAD pricing which is where the issue arises. When a Goodyear authorized retailer can't purchase a tire for less then the US is retailing them for their isn't much you can do. I will tell you this Just Jeeps stopped taken Amex because if they sold rims or tires or both the fees associated with this actually caused Just Jeeps to lose money. Now that's what I call small margins.
    Last edited by RBJeepThing; 10-17-2011 at 10:47 AM.
    Poster does not represent or warrant the the information accessible via this post is accurate or complete. Except as specifically stated on this post, neither rbjeepthing nor any of his affiliates, will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this post.

Quote Originally Posted by RBJeepThing View Post
    Let me clear up a couple of things. Just Jeeps price is not $389.95 on a Duratrac in a 35 for a JK 17" currently it's $339.95 on their website. Also for the Procomp buy 3 get one free deal the tire has to be the same or more then USA MSRP. Canadian retail numbers are within $0-$30 of Procomps msrp to qualify for the deal so far on the ones I have checked.

Unfortunately Goodyear like some other retailers has separate US and CAD pricing which is where the issue arises. When a Goodyear authorized retailer can't purchase a tire for less then the US is retailing them for their isn't much you can do. I will tell you this Just Jeeps stopped taken Amex because if they sold rims or tires or both the fees associated with this actually caused Just Jeeps to lose money. Now that's what I call small margins.
    That's funny just Jeeps price was $389 for 35" Duratracs last
    Night when I posted that, I checked before I quoted, none the less even at 339 that is still a $100 difference. Tell our local dealers PC tires are priced that close. Last 35" ProComp X MTs I bought were over $150 a piece difference.
    Personally, you can argue the point all you want, but it is what it is, check it out for yourself. I refuse to drop an extra $1000 for a set tires and wheels.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Thanks for the heads up on the PC tires RBJeep Thing looks like Just Jeeps has a very good price on ProComp 35s .. Next time I look for PC tires I'll certainly go to them. Locally we get hosed on ProComp tires!

My Mood
    Amused
    Time Online: 2 Mths 11 Hrs 48 Mins 33 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 59 Secs
    Must have been looking at a different tire. Dave actually updated pricing on the website last week since Goodyear had a price increase in Just Jeeps prices on their website didn't reflect this (too low). All Goodyear prices went up...lol

I always recommend people call in when it comes to tires to confirm pricing as it fluctuates a lot and there are a lot of rebates that change.

That's funny just Jeeps price was $389 for 35" Duratracs last
    Night when I posted that, I checked before I quoted, none the less even at 339 that is still a $100 difference. Tell our local dealers PC tires are priced that close. Last 35" ProComp X MTs I bought were over $150 a piece difference.
    Personally, you can argue the point all you want, but it is what it is, check it out for yourself. I refuse to drop an extra $1000 for a set tires and wheels.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Thanks for the heads up on the PC tires RBJeep Thing looks like Just Jeeps has a very good price on ProComp 35s .. Next time I look for PC tires I'll certainly go to them. Locally we get hosed on ProComp tires!

Time Online: 1 Wk 1 Day 2 Hrs 38 Mins 31 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 40 Secs
    I just order a set of procomp extreme mud terrain from just jeeps, and their prices were below msrp!!! They actual had to phone me back and tell me that in order to receive my mail in rebate from procomp they had to charge me $344.99 a tire! This price is true no matter were you buy from, state side or not! I find that when buying in Canada you really have to shop around, and buy this i mean the cheapest toyo open country mt i could find in the tri-city area was $385 a tire (35x12.50x17). Called a tire company in brampton for the same size and tire $330 a tire??????? go figure?:confused: