Thread: Trailer Customization Help!!

Time Online: 1 Day 13 Hrs 12 Mins 31 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Secs

Question Trailer Customization Help!!

Ok, so I need some ideas, hints, tips, help, and/or pictures of custom double snowmobile trailers!!!

I have a Hyland galvanized double snowmobile trailer with a nose cone.
    It is 8' wide, and 8' long.
    I can fit 2 newer sleds on it, but I need to make it longer!
    Now, here's the thing:

I NEED to put 3 sleds on it, 2 up front with the back ends kicked over to the sides. Then, 1 sled in the middle, BUT facing backwards. (Yes, I have done this before, just not on this trailer). I am not against making a small wedge at the back of the reversed sled to give me a bit more height to clear the 2 side by side sleds' cowlings.

I figure that making the trailer 2 feet longer, will give me the space that I need! (But the skiis might hang over a foot or two.

Now I know that it is easier to just buy a new trailer, but I REALLY cannot afford to, as I have a baby on the way!!!

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to do this?
    Pictures would be great as well!!!!

Thanks a million in advance guys!

http://northporttrailers.com/2011/no...mobile-trailer

(This link is something very similar to what I have)
    Ummm ... yeah, you can't go any further! Oh really???!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 6 Mths 2 Wks 9 Hrs 24 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 16 Mins 1 Sec
    Ever seen the hood of a sled rip up/off cause it was towed backwards.

Funny shit, but expensive

Older sleds more prone for sure, just something to keep in mind when you do this

Time Online: 1 Day 13 Hrs 12 Mins 31 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Secs
    That's cool. I plan on having an old cover over top, so the air flow over the hood properly.
    And BTW, it is an old phazer that will be backwards, so I am not too concerned about it, plus it is very streamline as it sits.
    I had 3 sleds on this thing before (just the track sitting on top of two other sleds shock mounts. Mind you, this was only for 15 mins or so, and it rode perfectly fine. Better than normal actually.
    I figure that the weight of the two forward facing sleds will still give most of the tongue weight anyways. The backwards facing sled only weighs 400 lbs or so (1990 Yamaha Phazer II), so I will dectate that 65% of the weight will be at the back (that's being generous I think). Therefore only 260 lbs will be added to the back .... not that big of a deal I assume. And besides, I normally add a few gas tanks and beer at the front of the trailer which add a bit more weight!

Hey Igotafrigginjeep .... I would like to add something at the back that could be removable once the first two sleds are in. After all, this is a tilting trailer (FORGOT to mention that!!!!). Not sure if this will work or not, but just an idea!!!

Time Online: 3 Wks 19 Hrs 7 Mins 22 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 47 Secs
    Why not add length to the front and back, lengthen the tongue if required.
    Don't let fear and common sense get in your way.

1985 CJ7 Aluminum tub, 31's
    1985 CJ7 Fiberglass, lift, 33's, 5.3 Vortec, NV3550
    1985 CJ7 All steel
    Doing my part to keep these old CJs alive