Thread: drilled slotted rotors any ideas?

Time Online: 1 Wk 5 Days 11 Hrs 3 Mins 9 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 1 Sec

drilled slotted rotors any ideas?

looking to upgrade the brakes on my 04 Sierra 4x4 4.8 V8 (single piston rear disc)
    phoned a few shops told me they would call back havent heard a word from them yet.... I noticed Canadian Tire had their ATE rotors and pads on sale any good?

if any sponsers can get me a decent deal send me a pm!

Time Online: 1 Mth 1 Wk 23 Hrs 25 Mins 56 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 7 Secs
    I bought the ATE rotors for my Dodge at partsource a few months back. They seem to be decent quality and are coated to help deal with corrosion. Can't say how this will work on the swept surface once it wears down but should help on the rest of the rotor from an appearance standpoint. The swept surface still has machining grooves that are supposed to be for helping during break in. One thing I can say is they help to generate a crapload of heat during break in. After a short ride the rotors heat could be felt walking past the front quarter panel.

I bought them because they were the premium option on sale cheaper than the reg cheapy stuff. So far I am pretty happy with them. They keep the ABS working hard.

Time Online: 1 Day 4 Hrs 48 Mins
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Secs
    I've bought slotted and drilled from http://www.justbrake.com/ for my 4Runner and a LC. Their WEB site seems to be under construction, so here is the phones and address: 416-743-4757, 416-743-3579, 90 Milvan Dr, Toronto, M9L 1Z6. Hours: Mon-Fri: 8AM-5:30PM, Sat: 8AM-1PM.
    Good luck

My Mood
    Fine
    Time Online: 5 Mths 1 Wk 4 Days 14 Hrs 1 Min 39 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 13 Mins 17 Secs
    ^if your gonna wheel it at all,don't buy the drilled and slotted design rotors,they will get filled with mud and dirt and eat you pads like no tomorrow,my 2 cents
    6#DAERTER
    01 TJ

My Mood
    Amused
    Time Online: 2 Mths 11 Hrs 48 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 58 Secs
    The idea behind a cross drilled or slotted rotor is to allow the gaseous build up between the pad and the rotor to dissipate allowing the pad to make full contact with the rotor.

A slotted rotor typically also removes a minute amount of pad surface under brake application giving you a clean surface which can be very desirable when running mud or wet conditions. The key is matching the pad with the rotor to get ideal life span out of both the rotor and the pad. Soft pads with high bite will disappear on a slotted rotor but give excellent braking. Too hard of a pad will score the rotor and lesson the braking ability by the system and prematurely warp or wear out the rotor.
    Poster does not represent or warrant the the information accessible via this post is accurate or complete. Except as specifically stated on this post, neither rbjeepthing nor any of his affiliates, will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this post.

Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 2 Days 14 Hrs 25 Mins 39 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 43 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by EXRACER#2 View Post
    I bought the ATE rotors for my Dodge at partsource a few months back. They seem to be decent quality and are coated to help deal with corrosion. Can't say how this will work on the swept surface once it wears down but should help on the rest of the rotor from an appearance standpoint. The swept surface still has machining grooves that are supposed to be for helping during break in. One thing I can say is they help to generate a crapload of heat during break in. After a short ride the rotors heat could be felt walking past the front quarter panel.

I bought them because they were the premium option on sale cheaper than the reg cheapy stuff. So far I am pretty happy with them. They keep the ABS working hard.
    x2 on my old Avalanche.
    90 YJ. 4link F/R, 16" SAW Airshocks, 32bolt Beadlocks, D60/14bolt, Full Hydro/Hydroboost L67 3.8SC 700r4 NP231/D300
    02 Yukon XL on 37's DD
    91 Cherokee Juggy scrapped for Greener Grass
    I prefer to build it and not buy it, you see it, I probably made it.