Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Garage heat?

Time Online: 10 Mths 1 Day 5 Hrs 51 Mins 9 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 24 Mins 45 Secs
    I have a 1.5 car garage now and it is insulated and insulated main door and two man doors. It is attached to the house and i keep it @65 all winter with a litttle electric heater, the ceramic type with a fan. I plug it into a dedicated plug that is controlled by a thermostate for baseboard heaters. In my old shop I put 2 baseboard heaters on the bottom rail of the garage door. I didnt want a flame because I often did finishing work. (I was useing it as a small comercial wwodworking shop). never had a problem with them always 65*

Time Online: 2 Wks 1 Day 1 Hr 28 Mins 43 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 14 Secs
    I have one of these http://www.homedepot.ca/product/50k-...-heater/924460
    works like a charm.
    72 CJ5,84 CJ7, 85 CJ7
    Living the dream in Northern Ontario.

Time Online: 4 Days 20 Hrs 50 Mins 34 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 24 Secs
    I use a propane salamander used for construction heat I am able to hook up to 100lb tanks to it. I'm sure you can get them from crs, rentalex etc. Burns nice and clean

Time Online: 10 Mths 1 Day 5 Hrs 51 Mins 9 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 24 Mins 45 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by louie102 View Post
    I use a propane salamander used for construction heat I am able to hook up to 100lb tanks to it. I'm sure you can get them from crs, rentalex etc. Burns nice and clean
    BE CAREFULL extra CAREFUL Ive seen alot of accidents with them They take their air from the bottom where its coldest(good). Ive seen too many building sites with them have them blow up. They also put a ton of humidity in the air. stay safe

Time Online: 1 Wk 1 Day 15 Hrs 49 Mins 39 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 42 Secs
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lamp.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	5.9 KB 
ID:	87202
    i think they call them infared heaters we have one my boss is selling on consignment for a customer its a big long one not sure on the voltage if interested call 416 255 0343 ask glen for price just mention about a long heater on the floor he is selling for customer not sure where ur located i can take pics when im at work tomorrow and post if u like if im sure its more industrial the one we are selling