Thread: 4.3 vortec into a 89 4runner

My Mood
    Stressed
    Time Online: 1 Day 13 Hrs 58 Mins 29 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Secs

4.3 vortec into a 89 4runner

I would like to keep the Toyota 5 speed drive line. I can find motor mounts clutch but not a bell housing. Anyone know where I can get a complete engine swap kit? They list a bell housing for Land Rover's with 5 speed, but not the 4 Runner. Are the 5 speed transmissions the same? Then I guess my next concern would be the wiring. I have the ECM and wiring harness for the 4.3 under hood and under dash. I guess matching the 2 harnesses together...I'm assuming I just have to ground the ECM and power it up from the wiring out of the Toyota? If I decide to go this route, I'll be asking a hell of a lot more questions. All the input I could get would be GREAT, so I can make my decision. Thanks!
    An offensive term for a white farm hand in the southern U.S, especially one regarded as uneducated or aggressively prejudiced...

Time Online: 9 Mths 5 Days 19 Hrs 49 Mins 12 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 22 Mins 44 Secs
    97 TJ - The Build
    77 J10 - Death Proof
    11 SRT Challenger with some stuff
    05 Duramax

Time Online: 3 Wks 3 Days 13 Hrs 54 Mins 15 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 1 Sec
    That link no worky !!!!!

Oops, it did before. Anyway, all i did was an advanced search for "4.3 vortec" "titles only" in "4runner section" and got a pile of hits. Looks like everything a person would want to know.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Time Online: 3 Wks 1 Day 2 Hrs 42 Mins 44 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 49 Secs
    Well i'm putting a 4.3 into my 90 4runner. But i'm going to a carbed unit to keep things a lot more simpler. Yes i'm keeping my 5spd toyota tranny. I'm modifying a steel lake wood bell housing to save on the 1400$ that advance adapters wants for there converson kit. If you want to see what i'm doing just text me @ 905 746 4755 and maybe we can work together to figure things out since we are both in hamilton.
    Ron
    Servicing and Repair of RV's at Sicards RV in Smithville on HWY 20

I'm not in Hamiilton, i'm Etobicoke. If that was directed at me? Looks like AA bellhousings are $400+ from the likes of poly, summit, etc. I'd get a price from eric (staangfab) as he is close to you and has a contract with the one of them i'm pretty sure. That's if you don't already have that one you spoke of. Anyway sounds like a fun project. Cheers. And here, if you haven't seen this it might answer some more questions/give some ideas..............or maybe make you go cross eyed from reading. lol

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=384213

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

And maybe something in here

http://www.jeeps-offroad.com/showthread.php?t=4740

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Time Online: 3 Wks 1 Day 2 Hrs 42 Mins 44 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 49 Secs
    My comments where directed towards redneck as i see he's in the hamilton area. I will contact killbilly and see if he still has the intake. Thanks.

Ah, thought you 2 were the same poster. lmao. Old eyes i guess. Carry on.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Time Online: 1 Day 13 Hrs 58 Mins 29 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Secs
    I haven't made a decision if I was going to get the Toyota, it all depended on the pricing of the parts. I found a bell housing thru summit delivered to my door $550 CDN, plus bolt in motor mounts were $200. I would like to work with you if I start this project or just helping you out for the experience. That other website, the people don't seem as friendly as the people here. Summit also told me painless wiring harness has a wiring harness to keep it fuel injected, it's $550 US. I wasn't interested in it. Summit told me there was a warning for this engine swap, if running bigger tires the drive shafts are known for twisting and snaping. Thanks for all the feed back.