Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: OD 2.0 - HEMI'd and LCG TJ on 42's ~ A multi-year affair

My Mood
    Confused
    Time Online: 2 Yrs 1 Mth 3 Wks 3 Days 21 Hrs 34 Mins 45 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Hr 4 Mins 32 Secs
    your getting late for the party lol...now get your ass in gear and build this monster
    http://www.youtube.com/user/piratexpress1369a
    96 ZJ 4.0L 33x15 BFG'S

OF4WD#5926

http://www.jeepkings.ca/forums/showt...sket+placement

IN LOVING MEMORY ..DAYKOTA
    PIRATES NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT HIS BOAT..

Time Online: 2 Wks 5 Days 5 Hrs 2 Mins 31 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 34 Secs
    Well, i shit-canned this plan a few months ago and said fakk it, gettin' too old and too many pains in the body to endure. BUT, then i was made fun of, called all sorts of pussy names and so it is back on now full force..

TJ is being stripped down and parts sold off.

Going with:

Hylines with a small stretch in the rear.
    Hydro Assist
    ORI's
    4 links
    snowfighter/14Bolt narrowed to 65", running 35splines, detroits and 5.13's
    40's on Beads
    HEMI/545RFE/ATLAS

Gotta keep it at the same height as the TJ is now on 35's.
    RIP OD, YOU'LL BE MISSED.... BUT that's OK 'cuz you've been REPLACED !!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 1 Yr 5 Mths 2 Wks 1 Day 11 Hrs 25 Mins 17 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 43 Mins 37 Secs

Re: OD 2.0 - HEMI'd and LCG TJ on 42's ~ A multi-year affair

Nice.
    2010 JK Unlimited Sahara, rubi axles, 35" duratracs, OME lift: Written off, RIP.
    2006 LJ Rubicon Lots of stuff from TMR installed by CT Motorsports (see profile if you want to know) project once more with feeling
    Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    Listen to the wise Drizit
    Hey he said it not me.
    There Must have been a time when we could have said no.

So, this weekend I had one goal and that was to get the tub off.... I got EVERYTHING off except i fakked up on one thing.. The A/C... My last build didn't have ac and never thought about it until i got to disconnecting these lines....

So, what does one do when they cannot get the vehicle to a shop?

How do i release the pressure?

AND

How do i drain out the freon without dying

Ended up paying some dude to stop by and evacuate the lines.. It's costly to do the right thing.....

In any event, once that was done i was able to get the tub off.

It was a bit messy but i didn't break anything

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 272 (Large).JPG   273 (Large).JPG   IMG-20131112-00050.jpg   IMG-20131112-00051.jpg  

Picked up some goodies today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001 (Large).JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	359.7 KB 
ID:	94465Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002 (Large).JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	301.4 KB 
ID:	94466Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003 (Large).JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	329.3 KB 
ID:	94467Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005 (Large).JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	390.4 KB 
ID:	94468Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006 (Large).JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	309.3 KB 
ID:	94469

Been Busy

Did some personal Xmas shopping

Time Online: 9 Mths 5 Days 19 Hrs 58 Mins 19 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 22 Mins 40 Secs
    Sweet! Radius arms? Looks like an awesome xmas so far!
    97 TJ - The Build
    77 J10 - Death Proof
    11 SRT Challenger with some stuff
    05 Duramax

I liked them allot on my last build. The Snofighter is already setup for radius and i really didn't want to get into possibly having to truss the front to mount a 3 link as i have allot of concerns over clearance with plans of LCoG and a HEMI.

Right on! I'd also recommend tying in the rear truss to the pumpkin as well whether it be pinion or diff cover. My buddy's run the double tube's i put on and one has ripped a couple times and the other is tweaked and that's only with 4 liters. How about a pic of the wheels and not just the boxes

Quote Originally Posted by Curt's_97 View Post
    Right on! I'd also recommend tying in the rear truss to the pumpkin as well whether it be pinion or diff cover. My buddy's run the double tube's i put on and one has ripped a couple times and the other is tweaked and that's only with 4 liters. How about a pic of the wheels and not just the boxes

Yeah, there actually is a 1/4" plate that bolts to the back of the truss and bolts up to a mount on the GLO diff cover. You can kind of see the mount on the back of the truss....

*lol* I'll crack a box open just for you this weekend and update

Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 2 Days 14 Hrs 25 Mins 39 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 43 Secs
    Hot damn I'm jealous of your rolling stock!
    90 YJ. 4link F/R, 16" SAW Airshocks, 32bolt Beadlocks, D60/14bolt, Full Hydro/Hydroboost L67 3.8SC 700r4 NP231/D300
    02 Yukon XL on 37's DD
    91 Cherokee Juggy scrapped for Greener Grass
    I prefer to build it and not buy it, you see it, I probably made it.

Little update...

Was sick as a dog for almost 2 weeks so lost allot of shop time.. But as soon as i could i got some time in over the last week or so.

Put together my beadlocks.. Was surprisingly very easy. Tedious as heck but once the 130 or so bolts were torqued 4+ times, i was good to go

Then started working on the front suspension.. Had to notch the HEMI skid plate to setup the front CA's. Still need to center it all and tighten down the bolts but so far it looks good:

Lined up the motor mounts and welded them in:

Questions for the edumacated!!!

- I was looking at the alignment for the shock mounts for the fronts.. Currently there are axle shock mounts setup on the backside of the axle tubes, which i find when i set the axle in place, is not well centered on the upward arch of the frame.. Does anyone see this as a concern? It'll imply that the strut will sit at an angle towards the front at the top. Alternatively, i am thinking of welding on some tabs directly on that top plate in the pic (Where the coil spring mounts were), which will set the struts vertical to the top mount, once i weld them both in.....

Question:

- Where's the best place locally to price out new brakes? I THINK i have 1/2 ton chevy calipers for the rears and fronts.. Can anyone confirm this?

I also need 14 bolt lug bolts and lug nuts for both a 14 bolt and a snowfighter D60. Does anyone by chance have part numbers for these? I have been having a hard time finding these as well with certainty...

Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 2 Days 14 Hrs 25 Mins 39 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 43 Secs
    I'll see if I can sneak a shot of my studs tonight. They were new doormans a year or so ago. I got my plain 9/16" Lug nuts off Ebay.
    Edit: Check RockAuto (I just did for the 14b). They list the Doorman Part# which will be easy to walk into anyother parts store and throw down.

Also my rear caliper which look like those and are Chev 1/2tons were really cheap from CTC or the Parts Source. The core was 38.00 which was more then the cost of the caliper.
    Last edited by JKMotorsports; 01-01-2014 at 08:45 PM.

If anything i'd want the angle of the shock tilted back and in a bit so i'd weld new tabs. And those look like my chev 1/2 ton calipers. Can't remember #'s for lugs and nuts tho. There's a few choices from my recollection tho varying in length which you may want to look into depending on the thickness of your calipers + aluminum blingin rims. Damn are they pretty!

Bit of an update...

So, as i lined shit up for the front axle, it was apparent that the existing LCA mounts were not setup properly. After a bit of measurements, one side had 10 degree offet and the other had 0 degree offset... WTF??? They were these integrated brackets too (Coil mounts, LCA, Shock, trackbar, hydro assist) so were a real fakk to get off. But i went that route. Cut them all out and picked up some new brackets from TMR. Cleaned up the tubes, pulled out the plumbs clamps, rulers, etc.. and tacked them in.

This will also give me the flexibility to put the shock mounts where i want. She'll be sitting low...... Hope i have the clearance.

Got my hubs rebuilt:

Picked up the stretch tank:

Then decided to remove the inch of undercoating off.. Steve, you sure did keep this TJ rust free!!!!

Hoping this weekend, i can get the 14 bolt back together and then set it up under the frame. My real limitation right now is determining where to align the center to the frame without having the tub on it... I do have the 4" stretch with the stretched rear wheel well. I am thinking i am going to identify the center of the stretched wheel opening, relate that to the body mount and then work backwards on the frame to find the center.. Hopefully once that is setup, i can drop the HEMI on to the frame and see if i have any up travel left!!!!

Been busy!!!

On the D60.. I just decided to cut the brackets off. Ordered some replacements from TMR and got that in place. Man those existing brackets were a P I T A to get off:

Also finally got the 14 bolt rebuilt and put back together. Still missing a caliper (Gotta pick it up) and i want to add a pinion guard. But other than that, all the bearings, races and seals are good to go.

Then started mocking up the rear.. Since the tub wasn't on, i lay the stretch corners on the tub, found the center, then related that to the body mount at the back. Then transposed that to the frame for reference on where the center would be with a 4" stretch.

I started doubting myself a bit too much though and after a while i decided that i'd be better off just putting the tub back on for mock up. I would have needed to anyways for the next step of putting the motor in so....

I had so much problems though removing it with the cage and windshield on that i decided to first remove these.

Before putting the tub back on, i decided to also put the stretch tank in just in case there are issues with clearance on the 14bolt. Even though it didn't call for it, i decided to notch the rear crossmember as the tank was hitting this part when i had it tightened up. The tank has different mounting and i had to sleeve a hole through the frame rail. Not a big deal however I hope the fakk it does not interfere with the rear shock towers....:

Then i dropped the tub onto the frame. With the cage/windshield off, it was much easier than the removal

Once on, i bolted up / clamped on the body armor:

Next steps are:

- Get the rear panels properly lined up and then trim the sheet metal!!
    - Once that's done, i'll then setup the rear suspension.
    - From what i can see, i will have to trim the front of the rear crossmember to clear the 14Bolt
    - Hoping that within the next few weeks, i should have my ORI's and can then mock them up.
    - Then drop the motor in and see what fits!!

From what i have read, one needs a 1" body lift to clear the ATLAS. Not a necessity but a suggestion. I really don't want to run a body lift, mainly because that very well will push me over my threshold on height to get in/out of the garage!!!

Bit of an update..

I set everything in place on the rear. From what i can see, i have about 5" up on the rear and about 5-6" up on the front PROVIDED i run a remote oil filter. Steering is going to be TIIIIEEEIGHT!!. I May still cut the LCA mounts off and point them down moreso, thus increasing the gap between the LCA's and the Frame underside. I have the room in the fenders.

I set the Motor/Tranny/TC in place and that all lined up nicely.

After test setting the tub, it was obvious i was going to need a BL.. Installed the 1" BL and STILL could not clear the ATLAS. So, in a moment of stupor i cut into the tub floor!

It fits now.

Last edited by countryboy; 02-20-2014 at 01:16 PM.