Thread: OME or Skyjacker

Time Online: 1 Day 22 Hrs 2 Mins 1 Sec
    Avg. Time Online: 9 Secs

OME or Skyjacker

Well I am making a change, I have a 6 in RC lift and its rides real bad hard to control on the road. I am gonna lower it to 4 inches and I have been looking at the OME 2.5 inch med springs and 1 inch spacers and OME med shocks or looking into the skyjacker 4 inch soft ride coils with rancho RS9000XL or Skyjacker hydros.

does anyone have any of the combos or any info on where in canada there is to get OME?

I have heard and seen alot of different opinions on al types of shocks and springs. the OME seems to not have many issues. if I am gonna spend the money I want to spend it once! I really need to make this drive better it bounces bad and is all over the road (white knuckle driving) to make it softer.

I have a 97 jeep TJ 4 cyl manual tans
    front and rear HD bumpers 8000lb winch on the front and rear swing out tire carrier and spare 33" and high lift jack
    I do mostly road driving with some off road nothing hard core.

Thanks

Time Online: 1 Mth 5 Days 7 Hrs 42 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 54 Secs
    I am currently running OME HD springs and love them, they are a nice and soft spring. I have cheapo rancho shocks which work ok (nothing special). I have never run skyjacker and haven't heard the greatest from people running skyjacer lifts.

The next set of springs I would like to try are AEV Nth Frequency tuned 3" progressive rate coils.

Some of the site sponsors are able to get OME or AEV stuff, northridge4x4.ca is another option for Canadian shopping with free shipping if you spend enough.
    05 LJ Rubi on MTZ 285/75/16

Go Ahead. Get Dirty.

I have been talking to the guys at Rocky Road and they have a 4 inch OME spring that they built with them and a set of softer RRO shocks that supposed to match the springs. might go that route. have you heard good things of the AEV kits?

Time Online: 1 Mth 5 Days 7 Hrs 42 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 54 Secs
    Yes the AEV springs are supposed to be good, they have a tighter coil wrap at one end so the tighter wrap gives you a soft ride, but when you have weight in the Jeep the stiffer end of the spring is able to take the weight.

I found with my 2.5 OME the front end of my Jeep would hit the bumpstops on occasion (when driving fast on rough roads) but I have a steel bumper, and a 12,000 lbs winch pulling down the front end, plus the LJ might have a little more weight up front anyway (maybe).

But at 4" tall OME springs you shouldn't have any bump stop action. I wanted to keep my lift as low as possible to keep my control arm angles as close to stock as possible (improved ride) so that's why I went with 2.5".

Thanks