Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Young boy in Oshawa needs help to pay for unique 4x4 type wheelchair

My Mood
    Lurking
    Time Online: 3 Wks 5 Days 2 Hrs 47 Mins 8 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 9 Secs

Young boy in Oshawa needs help to pay for unique 4x4 type wheelchair

I just saw a news story on Citypulse News regarding a young Oshawa boy confined to a wheelchair. His parents have gotten him a custom made wheelchair with tracks that allows him to hike with his scout troupe. he also has a newspaper route that he can now do on his own because he has mobility in this new custom(read exspensive) wheelchair. He needs help to pay for this one of a kind wheelchair. I believe this is the type of situation which cries out for Jeepers and all 4x4ers support. Has Trailfest picked a charity to support this year? Is there any other group out there willing to take this on? I am willing to help this cause in anyway I can. In fact I will put my money where my mouth is and donate $100 out of my pocket to start this off.
    I have Anal Glaucoma- I can't see my ass coming into work today.

Time Online: 2 Mths 3 Wks 3 Days 12 Hrs 6 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Mins 58 Secs
    This really spoke out to me and would be happy to support somehow. I posted it on TriCity Jeep Club forum as well.
    Tri-City Jeep Club

My Mood
    Innocent
    Time Online: 7 Mths 2 Wks 3 Days 9 Hrs 58 Mins 3 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 18 Mins 45 Secs
    Do we need a group? or can we do something individually, I mean did they announce a bank account to contribute to? but maannn that would be awesome!!

My Mood
    Lurking
    i immediately went to Citynews' website to get more info, but nothing was there. I do know somebody @ Citytv that could get me more info if needed. I would like to do a group thing to get more bang for the buck.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

maybe we could discuss it further @ Bam Bam's garage meet this wednesday. Are you attending Girlygirl since you are the one who put the bug in my ear to resurrect the scarborough meet?

My Mood
    Stressed
    Time Online: 5 Mths 1 Wk 2 Days 19 Hrs 18 Mins 26 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 13 Mins 10 Secs
    Could be a good idea for your new Scarboro Meet Peeps to take on and bring to the community. I know from experience in the last year if you go to our local vendors with a good cause at hand, they will step-up and donate for raffles and such.
    I'd also being willing to help out aswell. Come on, a 4x4 wheel chair makes you just want to see it go, and I'd be willing to pay to see it.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Time Online: 11 Mths 3 Wks 21 Hrs 35 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 29 Mins 1 Sec
    Found this article

http://www.durhamregion.com/news/art...his-oshawa-boy

I am assuming it is what you are referring too...bank account info is in the article.
    His ---> 04 LJ - 4.0L, Auto ɹnoɟ pɐǝɹʇǝɹ
    Hers ---> 75 Renegade Project - 304 V8, T15 3 speed uoıʇɐıɔossɐ ʎq pɐǝɹʇǝɹ

My Mood
    Breezy
    Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 5 Days 9 Hrs 46 Mins 24 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 39 Secs
    I'll talk to few people from durham 4x4 today.
    Since we are local we can help get something going.
    And maybe set up something from all of us.

Rubi....

buggy...

My Mood
    Cynical
    Time Online: 3 Wks 3 Days 6 Hrs 38 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins
    hey guys.. I have an idea.. i just posted up on Durham4x4 (facebook)

For one of my Chooper forums we lost one of our members in a crash.. pretty heavy medical bills as it was in the USA..
    So i came up with the idea of an online auction..

We donate parts.. Art.. anything you have to the auction
    we collected about 30 items for the auction.. once we had all the items listed we posted them up for veiwing for 2 days
    then the bidding starts on per item.. highest bid after 7 days won the item.. winner pays the proper account
    the person then shipped the item to winner once item was paid..
    we raised over 4000 in 2 weeks..

I will donate some Art work from my wife and offer up a gift card for a tattoo from her new Shop for some items to auction off..

If this is something we want to do.. let me know.. we can get it setup pretty quick...

Matthew
    Jeeps, Bitches and Guns... Nuf Said

My Mood
    Lurking
    that sounds like a great idea, Phreak and I would appreciate if you could set this up since I am fairly illiterate on computers. I will offer up 2 entries to my next poker tournament. They cost $70 each and I am located in the South-West Scarborough area and my next Tournament is on Saturday April 21st @ 8pm. I can start calling the shops and vendors I know like Rockspyder and TMR and my local contacts. I would ask that anyone who is willing to donate or can get a donation to contact myself or Phreakgeek.

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Thanks for the link igotafrigginjeep. This article has more details regarding this young man.
    www.durhamregion.com/news/art...his-oshawa-boy

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

guys i have tried twice to attach the link to the article and as i said my computer knowledge is hopeless. please help.[COLOR=1]---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:5
    Last edited by BEATSTTC; 03-03-2012 at 09:06 AM. Reason: link is wrong

Time Online: 4 Mths 1 Wk 11 Hrs 29 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Mins 30 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by BEATSTTC View Post
    and as i said my computer knowledge is hopeless. please help.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4ce1526b4a13837edd87faabe051.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	77625Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ae6875a946ef8954dceecc271982.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	116.7 KB 
ID:	77626
    Last edited by BillyToronto; 03-03-2012 at 10:15 AM.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 1 Day 1 Hr 19 Mins 2 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 42 Secs
    That kid needs to start his own driveway and lawn care biz.

Sent from my iPhone, excuse the autocorrect.
    83 CJ9 LS5.3/4L60E/231/B4R/D300, 8274,D60/14b,ARBs,15"airbags susp, 18"stretch 39"PITBULLS
    09 Nissan
    Ford F350 CrewCab Long box 4x4 TowPIG/dd 165"wheelbase

My Mood
    Lurking
    True enough, he says he is saving every penny from his paper route to pay for his chair. Anybody out there willing to donate an item of value to help with an online auction to help this young man achieve the mobility that we all take for granted.

Time Online: 3 Wks 14 Hrs 19 Mins 59 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 46 Secs
    That's awesome! Wish I could donate but damn new business, all jeep parts sold and no pay check. Good luck kid!
    Have any questions on Traffic Tickets, call me for a free consultation, 1-855-952-0002. www.gpslaw.ca

My Mood
    Cynical
    Time Online: 3 Wks 3 Days 6 Hrs 38 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins
    Ok guys lets do something for this young Kid and his family

If you have anything at all you want to donate.. parts.. Art.. Services.. Sports tickets.. Anything at all..
    please send me a picture and details on it..

If you have nothing to donate no worries.. you can still do your part by plac ing bids on the items...

I,ll get the rules written up in a day or 2phreakjeep@gmail.com

Matthew

Mods have sent PM.. they are working on details before we can begin.. We will know more in a few days..

This gives everyone time to look for things...
    Last edited by PHREAKGEEK; 03-03-2012 at 11:22 PM.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Thanks much Phreak, I couldn't do this myself. I appreciate all your and everyone in the Jeep community help for jumping onboard with this. I saw this on the news and it spoke to me. I want to help and I see this as well as an opportunity to help our reputation in the community. We all know we are seen as rebels and outsiders to the average person and outdoor enthusiast. We need to do this quickly to maximize exsposure. If we wait too long, it may not have the impact that would be a great by-product for everyone here. To me this is a win-win situation for all of us and any little help will snowball and have benefits for all. Of course my first concern is to see this young fella have the ability to be mobile and lead a barrier free life as much as possible. Thank you again all I trust you will all do what you can.

Time Online: 1 Wk 5 Days 6 Hrs 24 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min
    HI All

This is absolutely awesome,

Can who ever is heading this up please send me an email with the details and how to support the cause. We can put it up on the OF4WD website, club comms email, facebook site and a members communication email. This is a perfect example of the 4X4 community helping others.

Kudos to those who have already got this off the ground.

Brian
    Brian Sibbles
    Executive Director
    www.of4wd.com

My Mood
    Lurking
    e-mail on its way. should it be via of4wd.com? I was thinking of your group when I mentioned the spin-off effects of our sport doing this. i realize that we desperately need good PR in our community. I still want to emphasize that my ultimate goal is to help this young man become mobile and overcome the barriers to leading a full and active life. We all take these things for granted and need to be reminded occasionally that we are lucky to not face these obstacles on a daily basis.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Alright Brian, I have tried twice to send the e-mail via of4wd.com Both times I have had it bounce back as mailbox full. Please PM me your personal e-maill addy. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

http://www.durhamregion.com/news/art...his-oshawa-boy here is the link to the article

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

http://www.actiontrackchair.com/ is the link to the Action trakchair site

Time Online: 4 Mths 1 Wk 11 Hrs 29 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Mins 30 Secs
    Hey Roy,
    know how "computer challenged you are"

heres a link to the city-tv video clip,
    http://www.citytv.com/toronto/cityne...BYIjUg.twitter

and heres the link for the canadian distributor of the chair,
    http://www.actiontrackchair.ca

cya on wednesday...

Billy

My Mood
    Lurking
    Thanks Billy, i am learning how to link properly, finally. What i could really use from you my friend is a freebie to put up on this auction. I know you have more connections than i have fingers and toes. So how about getting the ball rolling by opening up that crusty heart of yours and showin everybody how its done.

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Hey Phreak, will u be coming to Bam Bam's place on Wednesday night? This way we can talk and bounce some ideas off of each other and others in attendance. I will bring the Coors Light.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Time Online: 5 Mths 1 Wk 2 Days 19 Hrs 18 Mins 26 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 13 Mins 10 Secs
    OK, lets get things going...
    I'll donate a Titan Max Air Compressor for the auction.