Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This Ol' Dodge

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Days 14 Hrs 53 Mins 2 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 45 Secs
    tranny leak just wont quit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP5433 (Medium).JPG   IMGP5429 (Medium).JPG   IMGP5432 (Medium).JPG  
    '02 Ram 1500 quadcab stickshift 4x4
    '84 Dodge B250 Starcraft van
    '77 CB750 SOHC rat cafe
    '74 Yamaha GT80

My Mood
    Twisted
    A727 transmission
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP5446.jpg  
    Last edited by AXMN_ZJ; 05-19-2012 at 04:02 PM. Reason: error

My Mood
    Twisted
    So, it's got it's cert, it drives. kinda fixed the bogging by shortening the vacuum lines and cleaning the carb more. still needs a bit more love. probably fresh lines and who knows what else. i think Edelbrock might get consulted, or a wreckers for a 4bbl manifold and carb.
    much thanks to BillyToronto for the tires
    New shocks- sensatracs all around. new swaybar endlinks. think it might benefit from a few more bushings. all the rubber is from 1984, and some of it wasnt great.
    it is coming along, and the more i drive it, the better it likes me. my wife would rather a muscle car i think if we have to have a vintage vehicle.
    No reason the van cant be a muscle car, is there?

Time Online: 2 Mths 18 Hrs 57 Mins 48 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 59 Secs
    If you need a hand with carb bring it over i can clean it and set it up for you.

My Mood
    Twisted
    thanks, i think the drive to beamsville would help it some too. took it up the red hill this evening, it likes to stretch it's legs. strange driving something without overdrive now though, after so km in many vehicles with

My Mood
    Twisted
    Got a steering tightened up at Staangs- much better now with a new steering box and idler arm. Gonna keep ane eye out for a 4barrel setup for a 318 now, and take some time this fall to concentrate on the interior, like refinishing the oak trim and such.

Time Online: 1 Mth 5 Days 10 Hrs 18 Mins 33 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 54 Secs
    I know on the Jeep 4.2 with the carter, If you nutter, and leave the EGR valve connected, you will get a bog during acceleration due to the vac delay no longer being in the EGR circuit. take the vac line off it, drop in a ball baring, to plug it, re connect it, and be done with it. Or at least try and disconnect it, see if it makes a diff.

Also, the Idler tubes in the Venture cluster get plugged quite often, what a lot of people do is, file out the holes a bit bigger, does wonders for the carb. I believe .032 rings a bell.

Time Online: 5 Mths 19 Hrs 40 Mins 6 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 12 Mins 24 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by AXMN_ZJ View Post
    Got a steering tightened up at Staangs- much better now with a new steering box and idler arm. Gonna keep ane eye out for a 4barrel setup for a 318 now, and take some time this fall to concentrate on the interior, like refinishing the oak trim and such.
    I saw this at Staangs a while ago and it looked super clean and like a fun camping cruiser!

Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 3 Days 15 Hrs 44 Mins 21 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 55 Secs
    Is the neighbor selling his quigley econoline? Also, if you are going 4x4 do it with style, something different. Like Unimog portal axles and 44 inch tires
    Want to see the future, past or the unknown? Learn to be psychic. Ask me how!
    A good time to invest in spf3000 if you live on the NK penninsula.
    Oh November 17, how I fear thee...

My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit86 View Post
    Is the neighbor selling his quigley econoline? Also, if you are going 4x4 do it with style, something different. Like Unimog portal axles and 44 inch tires
    that is one hell of an econoline. some of it he's had since new. i doubt he'd sell it. ever. he loves that thing. the 5.0 efi mustang engine makes it real nice to drive too. are you offering up some moggy axles? that would be a sweet setup. i think i got about 300 km on it this year. i dont even know the van's quirks yet

Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 3 Days 15 Hrs 44 Mins 21 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 55 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by AXMN_ZJ View Post
    that is one hell of an econoline. some of it he's had since new. i doubt he'd sell it. ever. he loves that thing. the 5.0 efi mustang engine makes it real nice to drive too. are you offering up some moggy axles? that would be a sweet setup. i think i got about 300 km on it this year. i dont even know the van's quirks yet
    Yes I have some mog axles with 36 inch tires for sale here in jeep parts. I always wanted to do it myself to a full size van

My Mood
    Twisted
    the only things in the budget for it right now are sandpaper and varnish. only got the zj wheeling once as it was this year.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Contemplating fitting 31's to it, since i now have a set coming off the xj, and i have lift blocks that might fit. wondering if it is one of those things that i should stop while i'm ahead.

My Mood
    Confused
    Time Online: 2 Yrs 1 Mth 3 Wks 3 Days 21 Hrs 34 Mins 45 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Hr 4 Mins 32 Secs
    i was looking over on pirate 4x4 and saw a section on lifted vans there you may want to check it out ..i'll try to find the link for you..was not really a build thread more just pictures of vans lifted ..http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/exped...-van-pics.html
    Last edited by Piratexpress1369a; 11-08-2012 at 03:00 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/piratexpress1369a
    96 ZJ 4.0L 33x15 BFG'S

OF4WD#5926

http://www.jeepkings.ca/forums/showt...sket+placement

IN LOVING MEMORY ..DAYKOTA
    PIRATES NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT HIS BOAT..

My Mood
    Twisted
    that page is gonna cost me...

My Mood
    Twisted
    looks like i's coming off the stands this weekend- Jeep's starting to have ...issues...

My Mood
    Inspired
    Time Online: 2 Wks 5 Days 7 Hrs 4 Mins 22 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 35 Secs
    I WISH I SAW THIS EARLIER. I had fibreglass fender flares, a windshield visor and a lower bumper valance that would have pulled a mint on that thing. They just went to the dump about a month ago...
    Like this:

My Mood
    Lurking
    Time Online: 3 Wks 5 Days 2 Hrs 47 Mins 8 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 8 Secs
    Freakie, i am looking at a 1992 B250 with 318 and overdrive with a raised roof right now. Everything works including the air the body is solid .I am curious if the 318 is strong enough to flat tow or dolly (with electric brakes) my TJ? I had a 1989 GMC conversion van (G20) years ago that i loved to camp in but sold it when the second child arrived (stupid, stupid, stupid). I can't help myself, i love those old "shaggin wagons" In High School i had a 1969 chevy van with no power steering, teardrop windows, shag carpet,cragers and BFG's. The engine sat right beside you and when she would'nt start you lifted the engine cover beside you and sprayed the shit out of the carb and she fired right up. The steering wheel was one of those chrome chain-link ones and it chewed the shit out of your hands when cranking it around corners. Being a 69 it didn't even have seatbelts. Aaahhhhh those were the days.
    I have Anal Glaucoma- I can't see my ass coming into work today.

My Mood
    Twisted
    would have been nice, too bad i missed them

My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by BEATSTTC View Post
    Freakie, i am looking at a 1992 B250 with 318 and overdrive with a raised roof right now. Everything works including the air the body is solid .I am curious if the 318 is strong enough to flat tow or dolly (with electric brakes) my TJ? I had a 1989 GMC conversion van (G20) years ago that i loved to camp in but sold it when the second child arrived (stupid, stupid, stupid). I can't help myself, i love those old "shaggin wagons" In High School i had a 1969 chevy van with no power steering, teardrop windows, shag carpet,cragers and BFG's. The engine sat right beside you and when she would'nt start you lifted the engine cover beside you and sprayed the shit out of the carb and she fired right up. The steering wheel was one of those chrome chain-link ones and it chewed the shit out of your hands when cranking it around corners. Being a 69 it didn't even have seatbelts. Aaahhhhh those were the days.
    i think my badly carbeurated 2 barrel fed 318 3spd could flat tow a jeep well. i just cant stomp on it yet, as it bogs when i do that. power is there if i add it gently though. it will see a pro soon about that.