Thread: 91 YJ goin to V6!!!!!!

Time Online: 13 Hrs 54 Mins 3 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Secs

91 YJ goin to V6!!!!!!

Ok folks so this is what I have....... My 91 YJ sitting on 35's stock 5 speed and mostly stock 2.5litre lawn mower engine.
    Now my plan......... I have a chevy astro van with a 4.3 gen1 throttle body, a 5speed standard from a 4.2 liter jeep (it's not a Peugeot tranny!) with hydrolic clutch, a rear end out of my moms blown up explorer (hehe not sure what happened to that poor truck)
    Has anyone used a 4.3 for a swap.The reason I'm choosing the 6 instead of a small block 8 is because this is my daily driver. I do spend some time on the highway and running around town. I do go off road but not the primary purpose of this jeep. The 6 will give me more then enough power and should give me some pretty good mileage.
    Also does anyone have gearing suggestions. I would like to get a little nicer highway gear or should the 4:10 that's in it now be ok with the overdrive tranny . I know a highway gear in a jeep........ But let's face it for the amount of wheeling I do the low range in the transfer case will more then make up the difference unless the downer motor isn't strong enough to drive the thing out of 4 th gear ( anyone with a 4 banger and 35's knows what I mean there)
    Anyone with ideas or directions it would surely be appreciated

Time Online: 1 Wk 4 Days 8 Hrs 1 Min 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 56 Secs
    Contact Shrek on the board.

He has a 4.3L with a Painless wiring harness set up for a YJ and 700R4 for sale at a real good price.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 1 Day 1 Hr 19 Mins 2 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 42 Secs
    Crazykid on here has a YJ with a TBI 4.3 and 700r4. Him and his brother did the whole thing. It's almost the exact same swap as a 350 but you can skip some stuff.

Sent from my iPhone, excuse the autocorrect.
    83 CJ9 LS5.3/4L60E/231/B4R/D300, 8274,D60/14b,ARBs,15"airbags susp, 18"stretch 39"PITBULLS
    09 Nissan
    Ford F350 CrewCab Long box 4x4 TowPIG/dd 165"wheelbase

Time Online: 1 Wk 3 Days 20 Hrs 26 Mins 47 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 53 Secs
    go with the 700 r4 if you can . lots easier to swap. painless wiring is the way to go. bubba

Time Online: 13 Hrs 54 Mins 3 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Secs
    I'm kinda partial to the stick actually and novac adapters makes pretty much everything u need to do the swap. I personally don't see an advantage to an automatic for my application as its not going to be a hardcore trail rig