Thread: Enbridge ride to conquer cancer 2012

My Mood
    Dead
    Time Online: 2 Mths 4 Days 2 Hrs 39 Mins 48 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 17 Secs

Enbridge ride to conquer cancer 2012

Why post this in the motorcycle threads??? Here is the scoop....

The ride to conquer cancer uses what is known as the MOTO SAFETY team to help navigate the cyclists safely through various intersections. These volunteers go by motorcycle to each of the determined intersections to help direct traffic then leap-frog the riders to the next designated intersection. If you got a motorcycle and some free time on June 8-10 why not give it a try? There will be food!!!

Register for the event by visiting www.conquercancer.ca (using internet explorer, firefox doesn't seem to like the site), selecting Ontario, then "Join an existing team" and look for the "moto safety" team name. The password is the same as the team name: please enter it and register!! The participant (crew) cost is a mere $25.00 per person (rider or passenger regardless), so please sign up soonest... Tell your friends, tell your family, bring a passenger if you can and register them all: we need you!!

For the 2012 event, our 5th anniversary, there are a number of changes to how the route is run - so we need registered team members as soon as possible. The biggest change is that we will be running FIVE routes for the 5th anniversary, so we're looking at a Moto Safety Team of at least 120 members. That's 1/3 more people than the last event, and THREE TIMES as many team members as we had for the first two years.

More information will follow once you register. Once you're all signed up, please forward the following information to: Nick at minidisco72 at gmail dot com.

[ ] your full registered name
    [ ] your participant ID number
    [ ] your preferred (read: BEST) email address
    [ ] your cell number <-- in case we need to get a hold of you to confirm the email address or other issues
    [ ] the town in which you live (or will be living in May and June 2010) <-- so we'll know which Moto sub-team to assign you to
    [ ] whether you're a passenger, or if you have a preference for ONE team partner

If you are not up for it or cannot attend I am also taking donations HERE directed towards GI cancer research in the name of HAPPY COLONS!

Ride on!
    I BE GETTING BUILDING ME A REAL JEEP.....

Click here for details.

Time Online: 30 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A
    That's a good news I am happy such steps are taken.

My Mood
    Dead
    Next year they will be doing it again so keep your ears open and I'll post the next recruit call. I had to bail the last run due to mechanical issues (yay BMW). But got to see it in action. A great system to keep the traffic and riders safe.

Time Online: 1 Mth 5 Days 10 Hrs 18 Mins 33 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 55 Secs
    June 2010 ?

My Mood
    Dead
    The list had not been updated since the previously updated motocrew. Excuse the typos he is a busy guy and it slipped through proof reading when I copied and pasted it to here. If anyone wants to register for 2013 just consider it to read 2013 instead of the posted date.