Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We are pleased to announce an OPP seminar at jk 101

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 2 Days 12 Hrs 45 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 24 Secs

We are pleased to announce an OPP seminar at jk 101

We would like to announce that we will have an officer from the Minden area Ontario provincial police at jeepkings 101 this year. He will be doing a seminar on legalities on Ontario trail.

What we need from you is questions you might have for him. So he can have the answers at jk 101.

Post your questions here and we will forward them off to him

Thanks

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 2 Days 8 Hrs 45 Mins 55 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 24 Secs
    isn't this gonna open up a big can of worms in an area that many of us frequent?
    proud OF4WD member #3875

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Wks 1 Day 2 Mins 5 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Mins 8 Secs
    Nope sure isnt, gunna have to just trust it on this one buddy
    Strength is nothing more than how well you hide the pain

Yer hot, wet, and extremely satisfying. You always put a smile on my face and yer the first thing i want in my mouth when i wake up....aaaaaahhhhhh Coffee, my only friend.

Time Online: 3 Mths 1 Wk 3 Days 11 Hrs 11 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 8 Mins 17 Secs
    Great idea JK101 organizers. Keep up the good work.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Time Online: 1 Mth 1 Day 7 Hrs 49 Mins 29 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 35 Secs
    With the OPP there on site answering questions will they not want to look at the vehicles which are at the event and check to see if they have any offenses which would warrant a ticket or worse a removal of plates.

We all heard the rumors of fellow wheelers being threatened to take the ticket or have your plates taken.

Do not all opp officers have to use their own best judgement? So in that case the OPP officer which is answering the questions may have a different interpenetration of the law?

Colin

My Mood
    Grumpy
    This is not the intention of this Colin, The officer will be there to educate and communicate proper wheeling and laws pertaining to it. The officer in question is a very great and informed guy and will be too busy assisting/answering questions to look at vehicles. Based on the officers role in the O.P.P. he has direct knowledge of the laws that are relevant to us and it will be factual not interpretative.

I highly doubt anyone would be driving around in such a shitbox of a jeep, especially to a wheeling event, that would warrant it's plates getting pulled. If something like that shows it will fail tech inspection anyways and not be allowed to be included in the JK101 event.

Stickybongsmoking is offline Yes, this is gawd damn muthafockling CTD NUT.
    Caistor Centre - Cultural Hub of the universe
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Time Online: 10 Mths 3 Wks 5 Days 38 Mins 51 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 26 Mins 53 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by EatingSpam View Post
    With the OPP there on site answering questions will they not want to look at the vehicles which are at the event and check to see if they have any offenses which would warrant a ticket or worse a removal of plates.

We all heard the rumors of fellow wheelers being threatened to take the ticket or have your plates taken.

Do not all opp officers have to use their own best judgement? So in that case the OPP officer which is answering the questions may have a different interpenetration of the law?

Colin
    This OPP representative is participating in the 101 as a community liaison to educate, discuss and answer questions related to offroad vehicle use in Ontario. He is not there to carry out vehicle inspections or give anyone a hard time in the least. Quite the opposite.

What you will get is an interpretation of the law by a veteran officer whose judgement is above reproach. It's up to to take that for what it is worth.
    A Member of:
    New Frontier 4x4 Club
    OF4WD 4928 & 6687

1980 CJ Juggy
    2004 GC 4.7 HO Overland

"Simple, yet functional....like a Sledgehammer"

My Mood
    Fine
    Time Online: 5 Mths 1 Wk 4 Days 13 Hrs 49 Mins 29 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 13 Mins 19 Secs
    ok now that all the conspiricy theoreys are out...how about some questions for he man....i thought thats what this thread was about..geeshh
    6#DAERTER
    01 TJ

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Agreed Cowboy, and to further add something...the officer will moreso be there to address questions pertaining to offroading and public land use and legalities of such. We all know some H.T.A (highway traffic act) questions will come up from those new to the sport and that is fine, but the onus will be more on the wheeling your rig in Ontario and less of the driving your rig on the street in Ontario. This is a HUGE benefit and i hope people come up with some good and relevant questions.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Time Online: 2 Wks 2 Days 10 Hrs 10 Mins 17 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 21 Secs
    I have three questions not really related to wheeling but close,
    1) Firewood, what is the deal I have heard that you cant move move wood more than ten Km to prevent the spread of bugs. I have also heard that if you buy the wood you can haul it where ever you want. Is there a law on how far wood can be transported?

2) Defecating in the woods. I have heard no you are not allowed to do it, I have heard not within some distance to water (I seem to think it was 100 meters), and that you must use a chemical toilet and bury it.

Time Online: 5 Mths 6 Days 1 Min 41 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 12 Mins 51 Secs
    ^so STUCK . if a bear shits in the woods is it being rebellious or just uneducated??
    does it get a ticket or a verbal warning ...lol

My Mood
    Lurking
    Time Online: 2 Wks 2 Days 10 Hrs 10 Mins 17 Secs
    I would say give it a ticket. But I want to see the film as the officer hands it over to the bear.

Jeannie is offline Christmas is for kids, Santa's on his way
    My Mood
    Amused
    Time Online: 6 Mths 2 Wks 3 Days 21 Hrs 51 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 16 Mins 19 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    I have three questions not really related to wheeling but close,
    1) Firewood, what is the deal I have heard that you cant move move wood more than ten Km to prevent the spread of bugs. I have also heard that if you buy the wood you can haul it where ever you want. Is there a law on how far wood can be transported?

2) Defecating in the woods. I have heard no you are not allowed to do it, I have heard not within some distance to water (I seem to think it was 100 meters), and that you must use a chemical toilet and bury it.
    maybe this would be of help http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/home/s...ds&pageSize=12
    Titan Off-Road / Everlast Welders Canada
    750 Darlene Court, Unit 2
    Burlington, ON L7L5V1
    905-637-1637
    http://www.titanwinches.com
    http://www.everlastwelders.ca

Time Online: 5 Hrs 13 Mins 10 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs
    I have a question about this officer's credentials. Is he/has he ever been a member of the OPP S.A.V.E. unit? If he hasn't then his opinion is just that, an opinion. You guys are opening up a big can-o-worms IMHO.
    85 LWB Samurai | 1.6EFI | 3 spd Auto | Dual cases with 4:1 in a Slutty Snatch | Toys | 5.29's | Linked and Locked | 38 SX's
    2013 JK 4dr Rubi-Stock

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Well of course the Officer is a long standing member of a S.A.V.E unit, why would anyone assume otherwise? This is offroad related isnt it?

Oh n worms are great for fishing, lotsa good fishing spots around JK101 as well...but im assuming you are not going to 101 just disputing something?

Peoples, this is not a discussion thread or an opinion thread, if you have questions that you would like the Officer to address at JEEPKINGS 101 then please post them here, at this juncture if you are not attending or do not have somebody going to hear the response to a question on your behalf there, then dont post here. Otherwise buy a ticket to JEEPKINGS 101 and then ask your questions.

Time Online: 5 Hrs 13 Mins 10 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by MayhemInc View Post
    Well of course the Officer is a long standing member of a S.A.V.E unit, why would anyone assume otherwise? This is offroad related isnt it?

Oh n worms are great for fishing, lotsa good fishing spots around JK101 as well...but im assuming you are not going to 101 just disputing something?
    Why would anyone assume otherwise? Well, 1, we all know what happens when you assume, something about an ass of u and me. 2, you didn't mention he/she has past history with the S.A.V.E unit, he/she could be your neighbour from down the street who has a frickin desk job for all we know. I've had very good relations with the S.A.V.E. unit officers, they know there stuff. Now, the regular street cop uses their own discretion and make you challenge them in court. Now I at least make the cop show me the HTA section specific to tires, so far I'm 2 for 2 with warnings (after 1 ticket for to far outside fenders which I did not challenge).

Anything JK centric is a little far for me since it all revolves around Toronto. 10+ hours of driving for a 101 course? No, I think I've got the basics covered already. Thanks though!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Time Online: 6 Mths 1 Wk 3 Days 7 Hrs 41 Mins 51 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 15 Mins 41 Secs
    Wow, some people are paranoid. This officer is coming for a positive reason, not to bust our chops.

I am wondering if we see inappropriate behavior on the trail, such as drinking and driving, vandalizing, or ripping up the trail unnecessarily, would a call to the OPP be productive or would no action be taken?
    1952 Jeep M38 project

Time Online: 2 Mths 6 Days 12 Hrs 41 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 29 Secs
    What date and time for this seminar?
    Even though I'm not attending 101, I would like to go for this.
    Glad to see involvement with the community and support from opp.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Time Online: 11 Mths 3 Wks 21 Hrs 35 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 29 Mins 1 Sec
    As taken directly from the SAVE website...

Attend major trail and waterways event such as Poker Runs and Trail Rallies
    What does this statement mean? What are the purposes for attendance at these events?

Assist with missing and overdue persons on land and water
    Under what circumstance should an overdue person be reported?

What would the proper procedure to follow (who do we call) if somebody is overdue?

Also to whom and what details should be provided when going wheeling?

What should somebody do if they find themselves in a situation (broken down vehicle, etc.) that would cause them to be overdue?
    (eg. stay put where they are? start moving in a known direction to a known access point?, etc.)
    His ---> 04 LJ - 4.0L, Auto ɹnoɟ pɐǝɹʇǝɹ
    Hers ---> 75 Renegade Project - 304 V8, T15 3 speed uoıʇɐıɔossɐ ʎq pɐǝɹʇǝɹ

Time Online: 2 Wks 2 Days 11 Hrs 29 Mins 41 Secs
    I see the obviuos negative comments posted on this thread ,but i would just like to say i think this is a really good addition to the Venue. In addition to Educating people on not only how to responsibly and safely enjoy there sport but to further enhance this by educating on some of the legalities is in my opinion a Very positive aproach and insted of trying to find fault it should actually be praised. The fact is JK 101 Organisers are taking pro active measures to ensure a well rounded Weekend of information and Education