Thread: Welcome to the "Ask a SAVE Officer" Forum!

Time Online: 1 Mth 6 Days 7 Hrs 49 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 59 Secs

Welcome to the "Ask a SAVE Officer" Forum!

I have been fortunate enough to get to know a number of people on this board, I have also been wheeling with many of you.

It was suggested that it might be quite helpful and educational for me to have a forum where I could answer questions you might have regarding off road activities. I would consider this no different than if I was speaking to any of you at a trade show for example.

I have been a Police Officer for 25 years, and I'm currently assigned to the Snowmobile/ATV/Vessel Enforcement Team. I have a passion for these sports, and would love the opportunity to help you by answering questions you may have.

My superiors have agreed to let me do this, but I would ask that you follow a few rules, or my ability to continue to do this will likely be revoked.

I will answer ALL questions to the best of my ability. If it takes me a few days, please bear with me. I'll answer as soon as I can. It may take longer if its a question outside of my areas of expertise. Thanks for understanding.

1) Please refrain from Police bashing in here. If you feel the need to do so, start your own thread.

2) I would like to avoid any mud slinging. Try to keep it to a question and answer format.

3) These are only my opinions. Please don't ask me to comment on what other Police Officers might or might not do or have done. Other Officers and Police Departments may have different views.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Time Online: 11 Mths 3 Wks 21 Hrs 35 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 28 Mins 57 Secs
    As a moderator of this forum section I would like to add a few things...

1. Police bashing of any kind will not be tolerated in this section. If you choose to ignore this rule you will find your posts deleted, warnings and infractions issued, and if you continue to ignore the rule you will find yourself banned from JeepKings.ca

2. As stated in the officer's post above, he is responding to the questions to the best of his training, knowledge, and experience. His response does not necessarily reflect the way ALL law enforcement officers would respond to the same/similar situations. Answers will be based on factual information he has available to him at the time he answers, if you don't like the answer you get, then visit your choice of law enforcement agency and direct the same question to them.

3. Questions asked in this section are not open for discussion of your individual opinion of the situation, they are being directed to the officer and ONLY the officer is to give his answer. All other posts attempting to answer the question or give an opinion on the matter will be deleted.

4. The officer has a regular job, he is not able to be here to answer your questions at all times of the day/night. If you ask a question, it will be answered, it might take a few days or a week, but he will answer it. Give him some time, he may have to do some research if the question is not directly related to his expertise. He does have a lot of contacts in related fields that he can field the questions to if he is not able to give the best possible answer. These are things he will do before answering.

5. Please, make use of this section, JeepKings.ca is very fortunate to have a contact in the community like this who is willing to help us out in this way.
    His ---> 04 LJ - 4.0L, Auto ɹnoɟ pɐǝɹʇǝɹ
    Hers ---> 75 Renegade Project - 304 V8, T15 3 speed uoıʇɐıɔossɐ ʎq pɐǝɹʇǝɹ

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Time Online: 11 Mths 3 Wks 21 Hrs 35 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 28 Mins 57 Secs
    If you have a question for the officer, please click here and start a new thread.

Caistor Centre - Cultural Hub of the universe
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Time Online: 10 Mths 3 Wks 5 Days 3 Hrs 12 Mins 32 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 26 Mins 50 Secs
    This is awesome. Congratualtions on bringing a tremendous asset to the offroad vehicle enthusiast community.
    A Member of:
    New Frontier 4x4 Club
    OF4WD 4928 & 6687

1980 CJ Juggy
    2004 GC 4.7 HO Overland

"Simple, yet functional....like a Sledgehammer"

Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Wks 6 Days 22 Hrs 22 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Mins 35 Secs
    Outright fantastic. Thanks for the effort, and welcome aboard.
    OF4WD 5982 & 5983

My Mood
    Lurking
    Time Online: 3 Mths 3 Wks 2 Days 18 Hrs 20 Mins 1 Sec
    Avg. Time Online: 9 Mins 21 Secs
    This is a win win for us and the sport. Good call Jeep Kings for bring this into a forum
    91 Suburban on 38 Swampers, 5.7 (350) V1500 4x4. Big ...red...and ugly.

"The camel toe is the smile of the body, if the body were a face"

It really is a pleasure to be able to do this. I thank you all for your support!
    Opinions expressed are those of the author, accuracy of information posted cannot be guaranteed. These opinions in no way represent the OPP, any other Police Department or Police Officer.

Time Online: 5 Mths 3 Wks 5 Days 23 Hrs 16 Mins 16 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 14 Mins 33 Secs
    Thank you for giving your time to help us out.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 1 Yr 5 Mths 2 Wks 1 Day 1 Hr 4 Mins 35 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 43 Mins 37 Secs
    its great to see the use this section has been put to already. Thanks for letting is use you as a resource.
    2010 JK Unlimited Sahara, rubi axles, 35" duratracs, OME lift: Written off, RIP.
    2006 LJ Rubicon Lots of stuff from TMR installed by CT Motorsports (see profile if you want to know) project once more with feeling
    Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    Listen to the wise Drizit
    Hey he said it not me.
    There Must have been a time when we could have said no.

Quote Originally Posted by pav1 View Post
    Thank you for giving your time to help us out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizit View Post
    its great to see the use this section has been put to already. Thanks for letting is use you as a resource.
    Thank you for giving me the opportunity to help out and share my experience with you all. I couldn't agree more, the response has been fantastic so far with some great questions. I am learning a lot as well! LOL

My Mood
    Happy
    Time Online: 1 Wk 1 Day 23 Hrs 7 Mins 40 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 44 Secs
    Its nice to have people that are qualified answering our questions and concerns based on actual experience.
    Last edited by sedric; 06-02-2012 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sedric View Post
    Its nice to have people that are qualified answering our questions and concerns based on actual experience.
    Thanks sedric, it is my pleasure!

I would like to reaffirm something at this point: I am answering everyone's questions to the best of my knowledge, experience and training. I am by no means the ultimate authority. Not even close. I have been a Police Officer for 25 years, and have testified in Provincial Offences Court, Provincial Court and the Superior Court of Justice in front of a Judge and Jury. I understand that other persons might have different views, that is how our system works! If I was perfect, there would be no need for lawyers or Justices of the Peace, all the way up to Supreme Court Justices. The fact of the matter is that whoever is presiding in the particular Court of jurisdiction, is the authority. That is where the "buck stops" so to speak.

The whole purpose of this forum, is to try to give some answers to some common enforcement questions (although some have been not-so-common LOL. I could take some of the questions posted here and submit them to the Ontario Police College - they are always looking for the obscure so they can get the students really digging for answers). If there are those thant want anything beyond my opinion, or if you doubt the info I am giving, then I encourage you to seek advice from other sources. It is the prudent thing to do.

I consider this no different than if I was at a trade show speaking with people (which I have done since 1992). If this forum becomes a battle of the "who knows more", a mud slinging contest or anything of that nature, my superiors will surely put the axe on me being able to respond here.

I'd like to see it remain fun and informative, and as drama-free as possible!

Thank you again for all of the kind words and support I have received from this community, it is very much appreciated!

Time Online: 8 Mths 4 Days 1 Min 15 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 20 Mins 4 Secs
    This is a great idea. Thank you for taking the time to do this. JK is a great resource.
    :thumbup:

I would like to add some information for the users of this thread. I am trying my best to answer any and all questions that have been asked of me. Most of them have not been within the areas of my expertise, but that's no problem, I still have contacts in those fields that I can ask, and try to get you the best answer possible.

I do also actually work, and part of that work which I do puts me in some areas where you may see me or my colleagues when you're out playing. In most cases I'm sure this will just be a friendly "hi", and if its me, I might even ask a few questions about your rig and ask how the trails are. I do have a job to do in certain unfortunate circumstances. That is a fact. Rest assured though, that for anyone and everyone's privacy, I will not discuss ANY details of any such encounter with ANYONE. That would STRICTLY be between myself, and that person or persons.

PLEASE do not approach me asking about any such incidents because I will not comment on them.

I do not want there to be ANY reason for my superiors to put an end to this forum. It would be a shame because I enjoy helping out with your questions, and helping with anything I can.

I appreciate your understanding, and for the purposes of moderation, consider this rule #6.

Thanks for your support!

My Mood
    Lurking
    Time Online: 3 Mths 3 Wks 2 Days 18 Hrs 20 Mins 1 Sec
    Avg. Time Online: 9 Mins 21 Secs
    I have been reading up on the many questions on the "Ask a SAVE Officer" forum. Kudos to you and JK's for doing this. I am sure certain topics may be tricky to answer....but I will admit that you have answered them in the best way possible from what I have seen. Be safe and thanks