Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 14 year old boy and a Jeep!!!

Time Online: 1 Wk 5 Days 49 Mins 2 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 59 Secs
    Thats some really nice work youve done so far on this build up. Great job. Good to hear youre not getting rid of it and are continuing with the build. I built my first jeep from 13 to 16 and sold it 2 weeks before I got my G1. DO NOT make that same mistake I never forgave myself till last friday when I found it 8 years later and bought it back. Definately looking forward to the final outcome.
    Live for jeeps

Time Online: 6 Mths 2 Wks 2 Days 10 Hrs 18 Mins 21 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 16 Mins 12 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepstr View Post
    Thats some really nice work youve done so far on this build up. Great job. Good to hear youre not getting rid of it and are continuing with the build. I built my first jeep from 13 to 16 and sold it 2 weeks before I got my G1. DO NOT make that same mistake I never forgave myself till last friday when I found it 8 years later and bought it back. Definately looking forward to the final outcome.
    Thanks man! yea it's nice to be able to get back at it and not have to sell it. how did you end up finding your jeep again? I'm intrested in hearing that story

Got more work done today, Preped and primed the frame!! Thanks to r.d.a for letting me use his epoxy primer, went on nicely and very happy with the results! now what would you guys suggest for a black top coat? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	546774_378755605541487_1813291968_n.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	85463

Time Online: 1 Wk 5 Days 49 Mins 2 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 59 Secs
    Ill make a thread with the story as to not hi jack your thread. Looks great. If your looking for inexpensive but decent ways to protect the frame I used rocker guard in a can from crappy tire. Its 11 bucks a can i used 5 total on mine doing 3 coats. Ive smashed mine with a sledge hammer (trying to get leaf bolts out) and it didnt even chip. Also was happy with how it looked in the end. Just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepstr View Post
    Ill make a thread with the story as to not hi jack your thread. Looks great. If your looking for inexpensive but decent ways to protect the frame I used rocker guard in a can from crappy tire. Its 11 bucks a can i used 5 total on mine doing 3 coats. Ive smashed mine with a sledge hammer (trying to get leaf bolts out) and it didnt even chip. Also was happy with how it looked in the end. Just a suggestion.
    yea that would be cool dude. and i'll look for rocker gard then and give that a try on the frame! because yea I want to protect it very well since it will be seeing winter.

Haven't really done much because the weather is too cold to paint in.. oh well. I'm waiting for a heater that should come next week so I can heat the garage and work warmly all winter instead of last winter freezing my A$$ off out their. So today just organized the garage a bit and got almost everything off the floor and into the loft, also went threw all my parts and made a list of what I need.

Time Online: 5 Mths 6 Days 1 Min 41 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 12 Mins 52 Secs
    looks good matt ... go to the t.s.e in milton and grab some farm implement paint

Quote Originally Posted by r.d.a View Post
    looks good matt ... go to the t.s.e in milton and grab some farm implement paint
    hey it's thanks to you that i'v gotten this far lol. how much is the paint?

Quick question guys. I was going threw all the writing I have for the Yj last night and the PO made a mess of the dash wirering harness. I have a mint dash harness from another YJ I bought a few months back the only thing is the harness for the dash it out of a 4cyl yj. Would this work in my dash? I have the 4.0

Sent from IPhone

had a somewhat productive weekend. did some things for a few neighbors and had family. My brother was over this weekend again so he helped me with the tear down of the d30 then went out to get my black paint for the frame, axles and other misc parts. 25$ for a gallon seems like a great deal to me and a few people that i'v talked to that have used it on thir farm equipment and jeep frames highly recommended it. i'm loving the progress!! also a neighbor had a snow blower sitting in his garage because he got a new one so he told me I could have the old one because it didnt work. well 3 minutes and the fuel bowl cleaned it was running great! Score!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	262.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	85642 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	263.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	85643

so, It's getting colder out witch I hate, meaning harder to work on the heep in the garage. would anyone have any inexpensive idea's/ways to heat a small garage? I only have a 120 outlet in there and can't run a 240 because we need a bigger panel.

Well all parts are up for sale. Please make an offer. going to buy a complete better running rust free jeep I found

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 1 Yr 5 Mths 2 Wks 16 Hrs 11 Mins 44 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 43 Mins 41 Secs

Re: 14 year old boy and a Jeep!!!

I think you've been hanging out with r.d.a too much... yj add
    2010 JK Unlimited Sahara, rubi axles, 35" duratracs, OME lift: Written off, RIP.
    2006 LJ Rubicon Lots of stuff from TMR installed by CT Motorsports (see profile if you want to know) project once more with feeling
    Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    Listen to the wise Drizit
    Hey he said it not me.
    There Must have been a time when we could have said no.

Quote Originally Posted by Drizit View Post
    lmao thanks well then thanks dude :P naw parents probably getting divorced so need to sell it all for something complete and drivable

Time Online: 5 Mths 6 Days 1 Min 41 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 12 Mins 52 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizit View Post
    hell no i've been trying to keep him focused on the build ...hell i had him hooked like a crack addict who do you think buys all my sh!t ..do you think i want him to stop now ..WTF maybe i need to go and smack him around a bit ....lol

Quote Originally Posted by r.d.a View Post
    hell no i've been trying to keep him focused on the build ...hell i had him hooked like a crack addict who do you think buys all my sh!t ..do you think i want him to stop now ..WTF maybe i need to go and smack him around a bit ....lol
    Lol dude that is so true. But oh well I may have found me a little something though now just need 900$ lol