Thread: Is it legal to go to Snake lake?

My Mood
    Happy
    Time Online: 4 Wks 1 Day 6 Hrs 49 Mins 10 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 24 Secs

Is it legal to go to Snake lake?

Are street plated vehicles permitted to travel to the southern Snake lake off Scotch line?
    South snake lake is inside of the QE II park boundry.
    In the last OF4WD news letter I was suprised to read the following:

"Basically the new Parks Act has resulted in environmental protection being given significantly increased priority, i.e. it is the number one priority now. This means the management options are being revised. The new Species At Risk Act has a lot of clout and apparently species have been identified in the boundaries of the park, mainly west side.
    The next phase will be the publishing of the Management Options document for public comment, which could be some time in 2012/2013.
    Realistically speaking it seems maintaining our access from the hydro line into Snake Lake is likely all we can hope to achieve on the East side"
    Last edited by Chad; 06-01-2012 at 05:09 PM.
    2010 Rubicon 2dr wimp wagon

Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 6 Days 22 Hrs 51 Mins
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Mins 4 Secs
    It would be nice to have signage of a boundary or at least a GPS co-ordinate as to the last "dead end" of the trail that should no longer be passed.

Time Online: 1 Mth 6 Days 7 Hrs 49 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 59 Secs
    The QE2 area is generally off limits. It is my understanding, that any of the trails that venture off the main Scotch Line trail are off limits.

Try checking the "off limits" thread on here, then possibly post in the OF4WD forum, they have been doing extensive work with the MNR regarding this area.

If you still don't get the answer to your question, I would be more than happy to contact my colleagues at the MNR in Minden and find out a little more.

Let me know how you make out!
    Opinions expressed are those of the author, accuracy of information posted cannot be guaranteed. These opinions in no way represent the OPP, any other Police Department or Police Officer.

Quote Originally Posted by ON OFFroad View Post
    The QE2 area is generally off limits. It is my understanding, that any of the trails that venture off the main Scotch Line trail are off limits.

Try checking the "off limits" thread on here, then possibly post in the OF4WD forum, they have been doing extensive work with the MNR regarding this area.

If you still don't get the answer to your question, I would be more than happy to contact my colleagues at the MNR in Minden and find out a little more.

Let me know how you make out!
    The main trail eventually runs into the QEII wetlands at some point south of the hydro line. The question is how far in is the limit? My understanding the general consensus is once the trail emerges on the south side of the hydro line it is then off-limits.

You are correct though that the "Outhouse Trail" leading off of it is off-limits based on an agreement with the OFSC.

This is the thread in the "off limits" forum I was referring to:

http://www.jeepkings.ca/forums/showt...ne-Information

It actually lists the coordinates for the "end of the line".

Quote Originally Posted by ON OFFroad View Post
    This is the thread in the "off limits" forum I was referring to:

http://www.jeepkings.ca/forums/showt...ne-Information

It actually lists the coordinates for the "end of the line".