Thread: Hydro corridors

Time Online: 3 Wks 5 Days 1 Hr 40 Mins 29 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 9 Secs

Hydro corridors

Last edited by TiKi; 05-07-2014 at 12:14 PM.

Time Online: 1 Mth 6 Days 7 Hrs 49 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 59 Secs
    An excellent question!

Hydro corridors are very problematic when trying to give a blanket statement as to the legalities of wheeling on them. They are so varied as to who owns the land around them, access to them etc. Many are actually posted with no trespassing signs.

Snowmobile trails (which should be in NO WAY confused with Jeep/off road vehicle use) that cross or use hydro corridors, generally do so as a result of land use agreements.

An absence of a no trespassing sign does not automatically infer permission to use them either. Many are fenced and/or blocked off.

At the risk of seeming like a let-down as I can't offer you a specific answer, I would say if you have a particular corridor in mind, contact hydro one. You might be pleasantly surprised! I have cut and pasted what I believe is the first point of contact for this type of inquiry. (I also noticed that they advise to contact the Municipality that the corridor is located in to see who actually has ownership. Good advice!)

Transmission Corridor Property Maintenance:
    If you have a concern with conditions on Hydro One transmission corridors such as high grass or dumping, please call 1-888-664-9376. Hydro One does not own and is not responsible for maintaining all the property on these corridors. Before calling Hydro One, please contact your local municipality to confirm ownership. For the transmission corridor it maintains, Hydro One has a policy of cutting grass six times a year.

1-888-664-9376
    E-mail Us a Corridor Maintenance Request

1-888-231-6657 (Hydro One Real Estate Services)

I hope this helps!
    Opinions expressed are those of the author, accuracy of information posted cannot be guaranteed. These opinions in no way represent the OPP, any other Police Department or Police Officer.

Time Online: 2 Days 2 Hrs 14 Mins 9 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Secs
    Erased
    Last edited by Maverik; 06-08-2012 at 06:10 PM.
    2012 deep cherry red, JKU Rubi, auto, 4:10, 730n, wurx aggression front bumper

Time Online: 1 Mth 6 Days 7 Hrs 49 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 59 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
    Above is true and good contacts.
    Thanks Maverik, and It's always great to have someone on the "inside" who can help out with advice!