Thread: Fenders/mudflaps

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 1 Day 1 Hr 19 Mins 2 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 42 Secs

Fenders/mudflaps

Another long running debate that I probably know the answer to is the tire coverage question and road spray.

The HTA states that there has to be an effective reduction in road spray to the rear thereof. Effective reduction or total elimination? What about blue sky days, no road spray right? Do I even need fender flares if I have mud flaps? Example: bobtail truck...

Removable flaps and minimal flares?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338642860.146707.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	186.6 KB 
ID:	80715
    Don't be runnin my plate, I have an OPP scanner and know what's going on during stops.

Sent from iThingy
    Last edited by Chrisbuilt; 06-02-2012 at 09:26 AM.
    83 CJ9 LS5.3/4L60E/231/B4R/D300, 8274,D60/14b,ARBs,15"airbags susp, 18"stretch 39"PITBULLS
    09 Nissan
    Ford F350 CrewCab Long box 4x4 TowPIG/dd 165"wheelbase

Time Online: 4 Days 8 Hrs 39 Mins 57 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 21 Secs
    Subscribed...

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk 2...

My Mood
    Confused
    Time Online: 2 Yrs 1 Mth 3 Wks 3 Days 21 Hrs 34 Mins 41 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Hr 4 Mins 44 Secs
    thats a good one chris lol
    http://www.youtube.com/user/piratexpress1369a
    96 ZJ 4.0L 33x15 BFG'S

OF4WD#5926

http://www.jeepkings.ca/forums/showt...sket+placement

IN LOVING MEMORY ..DAYKOTA
    PIRATES NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT HIS BOAT..

Time Online: 1 Mth 6 Days 7 Hrs 49 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 59 Secs
    Chris, you have been placed on the super-secret special list for future reference....

OK, this topic has been debated on and on here. I can tell you that this section of the Highway Traffic Act is open to interpretation by Officers, Prosecutors, Paralegals and Justices of the Peace.

I can't discuss it really any further than has already been discussed many times before. My suggestion would be to try and comply with the letter of the law, or at least make an attempt and go from there. Likely if you are questioning whether or not your rig is compliant, you have thought about doing something to make sure it is. There have been many great and innovative "fixes" for this posted on this board over the years, so tap into their knowledge.

Here is the legislation, posted again for your reading pleasure:

Mudguards

(3) Every motor vehicle and every trailer shall be equipped with mudguards or fenders or other device adequate to reduce effectively the wheel spray or splash of water from the roadway to the rear thereof, unless adequate protection is afforded by the body of the motor vehicle or trailer or by a trailer drawn by the motor vehicle. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 66 (3).

I know this isn't the answer you are looking for, but for obvious reasons I am going to leave it at that.

Thanks for understanding.....
    Opinions expressed are those of the author, accuracy of information posted cannot be guaranteed. These opinions in no way represent the OPP, any other Police Department or Police Officer.