Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Marc Diab Project: Honouring a Canadian HERO - discussion thread

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Time Online: 11 Mths 3 Wks 21 Hrs 35 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 28 Mins 57 Secs
    Thanks so much Sean. You are awesome. This first stage is coming together very quick for parts. Exactly what I was hoping for an ultimately expected from the JeepKings membership. It never ceases to amaze me what can be done through this site when everybody gets behind a cause.
    His ---> 04 LJ - 4.0L, Auto ɹnoɟ pɐǝɹʇǝɹ
    Hers ---> 75 Renegade Project - 304 V8, T15 3 speed uoıʇɐıɔossɐ ʎq pɐǝɹʇǝɹ

My Mood
    Aggressive
    A big thank you to an anonymous doner who has graciously donated some steering parts for use on the Jeep. He even said if they are not going to work for our needs that they could be sold to put some money in the build fund.

A heads up that a donation bar will pop up at the top of the forum in the next few days so people who wish to make monetary donations are able to do so.

Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Days 17 Hrs 46 Mins 57 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Mins 6 Secs
    That's going to be how you are going to get a pig ticket item like the engine.

Just checked on www.car-part.com gonna be 750$Ish plus taxes. Let's see if a group can get one purchased...
    My latest project... Collection of Parts

Other stuff... Building a doubler, D300 Flip kit

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman 94 xj View Post
    "Coil springs are for ballpoint pens and pogo sticks".
    ебут раком

TJ_HOOKER is offline Moderator (yeah that's right, still.)
    My Mood
    Doh
    Time Online: 1 Wk 5 Days 5 Hrs 54 Mins 13 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min
    ok, so i found this, http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ409654815

i emailed the guy, and he says for the 500$ he is asking for a 4.0L with 128k on it, it also includes harness, computer, chipped keys, everything with the engine. i have 100$ to put towards this. if 4 other people are willing to help, and can commit to this, i think we may have a winner. can anyone chime in with 4.0L experience and maybe a list of what is required from the donor tj? if anyone see's something i dont here as to why this wont work, please also explain, so i know what to look around for.
    thanx.

hooker
    Last edited by TJ_HOOKER; 09-03-2012 at 12:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-T-1-RENEGADE View Post
    Sounds like you're making friends all over the place.

2015 MK7 VW GTI (Tam's car), catback, INJEN intake, DV+, Eurodyne stage 1.5 tuning 300whp

2015 JK RUBICON 2-door

2010 Harley-Davidson FLHX

TEAM VAS-NUT for life!!!!!!!!1111

Time Online: 1 Yr 3 Mths 2 Wks 4 Days 21 Hrs 12 Mins 50 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 39 Mins
    i'm in for $100
    WHAT WOULD MACGYVER DO?

2004 rubicon: 12,000 lb titan winch, 35" goodyear wranglers, staang's belly-up skid, cobra 29 cb, highline fenders, trailhead bumpers

http://www.youtube.com/user/onehosereh#p/u

VA3 HWG, OF4WD #5571, RETREAD #1

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Hooker has a PM...only issue I see is the 05 engine will be distributorless versus the 97-99 TJ engines being distributor style ignition.

Anybody know if that can all be swapped over?

Sugar has a line on an early TJ engine, but I am not sure of mileage and/or condition. The person with that one is asking $250.

My Mood
    Doh
    onehoser, thank you. i really appreciate you stepping up with me on this. no matter what 4.0L engine we find, we have 200$ towards it.

if anyone has info on the coil pack engine, please share. i would assume because it is in the jeep, and can be heard running, and that with the right crew for extraction, we can get everything we need to swap this in. it's been a long time for me, and i didnt really get much experience with a coil pack system on a 4.0L. so, i would appreciate any related experience.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 2 Days 3 Hrs 28 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 41 Secs
    In for $100

2 more to go
    '05 Rubi, 102" WB, Supercharged 4.0l, 37" MTR's, 14" CO's, Chromos, TerraFlex Swayloc, Currie AntiRock rear, Chevy/Warn 44 Hub Conversion, Stauns, Staang fabbed custom long arms, Tube Fenders & steering.

My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by caledoniajeeper View Post
    In for $100

2 more to go
    thank you bro.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 1 Yr 5 Mths 2 Wks 1 Day 41 Mins 44 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 43 Mins 37 Secs
    tell the guy what the project is about, possibly he will lower the price to help out... just a thought. oh and don't forget the ignition to go with those chipped keys.
    2010 JK Unlimited Sahara, rubi axles, 35" duratracs, OME lift: Written off, RIP.
    2006 LJ Rubicon Lots of stuff from TMR installed by CT Motorsports (see profile if you want to know) project once more with feeling
    Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    Listen to the wise Drizit
    Hey he said it not me.
    There Must have been a time when we could have said no.

My Mood
    Doh
    jeff did make a point in an earlier pm, we would need the column as well. also for ease of maintenance down the road, keeping it 98 ish 4.0L electrical would be best.

i am wondering tho, can a distributor be dropped in? i kinda think it can. anyone with a coil pack engine wanna go look at what is on your block where the distributer should be?

Time Online: 4 Wks 1 Day 21 Hrs 14 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 27 Secs
    The 05 block looks the same, the bottom end of distributor less looks alot like a distributor bottom end same gear! but i think you will need the wiring harness and computer, your better off with an earlier engine less headache.

My Mood
    Doh
    ya, i dunno. if a pre-coil pack 4.0L is found with computer, harness, etc, then i would agree. i'm still gonna ask around, if it's as simple as getting a harness from a pre-coil, and distributor, i'd say go with it. but, this is a team effort, and i'm down for whatever gets the job done.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    we already have a computer and harness from a 97 that has been donated...like you just said, not sure how it will interact with a newer engine...if we would have to swap out the ignition system (and potentially fuel injectors, etc.) then I don't know if it is worth the hassle...

My Mood
    Dead
    Time Online: 2 Mths 4 Days 2 Hrs 39 Mins 48 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 16 Secs
    From my reading the harness changes between coil pack and distributor engines. At least for XJs....
    I BE GETTING BUILDING ME A REAL JEEP.....

Click here for details.

My Mood
    Doh
    it should only need a distributer and coil to use the 97 harness. but like i said, so long as the end result is the same, it doesnt matter what engine you decide on.

the computer that you have for the 97, is it from an auto?

here's a good read on the AW4 swap into a 1997 TJ. there are some other good links and a parts list in there as well. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/aw...-97-tj-617416/

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Awesome write up, references others I had browsed...

Computer and Harness are from a 97 TJ manual trans. I had piggy cross reference and the harnesses are the same for auto and manual, computer is different if before a certain date, same if after a certain date. BUT, with both being from a manual trans it is a good thing because it will not be looking for the stock auto trans. The AW4 from my understanding is pretty much stand alone from an electrical/computer standpoint with only a handful of wires needing to be meshed in to the TJ harness.

My Mood
    Drunk
    Time Online: 3 Mths 3 Wks 3 Hrs 8 Mins 9 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 9 Mins 8 Secs
    aw4 can be stand alone if you plan on manually selecting the gears, but i am un sure if it can be ran in D and cycle through the gears without splicing into the comp. Why not fint a 727 or a 999 and simplify everything?
    oh on a side note, as much fun as it is to keep everythign a secret why not post up the plan he wanted so people can start sourcing parts? there are deals going on every day why risk missing out because no one knew it was needed?
    just a thought, i know i got a load of crap kiking around but there is a scrap run planned for this friday.
    Last edited by biohazard; 09-06-2012 at 09:56 AM.
    KUSS
    Stupid Fukin Nature
    OF4WD# 2660

Time Online: 1 Wk 5 Days 6 Hrs 24 Mins 36 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    A big thank you to an anonymous doner who has graciously donated some steering parts for use on the Jeep. He even said if they are not going to work for our needs that they could be sold to put some money in the build fund.

A heads up that a donation bar will pop up at the top of the forum in the next few days so people who wish to make monetary donations are able to do so.
    I have all those steering parts in my car now, I'll either give them to Bullwinkle at our BOD meeting or if someone gives me an address I can drop them on Sept 21st as I am heading to Stoney Creek that weekend.
    Brian Sibbles
    Executive Director
    www.of4wd.com

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Weekends are bad. Our facility is typically not open on weekends due to everybody being out golfing.

Best to shoot them to Rob and we can work something out from there. It will be a few handoffs but that is often the way the Jeep world works.

Thanks to all involved in this one.