Thread: Environmental protection

Time Online: 2 Mths 6 Days 12 Hrs 41 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 28 Secs

Environmental protection

I am interested with regards to definition as to flora, fauna, erosion .... I understand what they descriptively mean, but....
    what kind of activity would one draw attention to themselves?
    for example,
    to get around a deep mudhole I particularily DONT want to drive through, I may have to highside myself on purpose and potentially drive through some brush.
    or, my momentum carried over a steep climb may cause me to crest and go off the trail into some trees.

Should I be worried about these types of driving habits?

So, how does the whole EP section come into play and what should we be aware of?

ONTARIO REGULATION 316/03
    23. (1) The off-road vehicle shall not be operated in such a manner as to,
    (b) harm or material discomfort to any person from dust, emissions or noise;
    (c) harm, injury or damage, either directly or indirectly, to any property, flora or fauna; or
    (d) alteration, disruption or destruction to the natural environment, including erosion damage or degradation of the right of way. O. Reg. 316/03, s. 23 (2).]

Time Online: 1 Mth 6 Days 7 Hrs 49 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 59 Secs
    Vince, the legislation that you quoted, is actually pertaining to "off road vehicles" as defined in the Off Road Vehicles Act, and refers to "off road vehicles" being driven on the highway.

This regulation does not apply on a trail.

Hope this helps!
    Opinions expressed are those of the author, accuracy of information posted cannot be guaranteed. These opinions in no way represent the OPP, any other Police Department or Police Officer.

Time Online: 2 Mths 6 Days 12 Hrs 41 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 28 Secs
    sure does !