Thread: Footwear

Living out of Jeep between Toronto to Owen Sound
    My Mood
    Tired
    Time Online: 5 Mths 1 Wk 2 Days 12 Hrs 46 Mins 9 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 13 Mins 9 Secs

Footwear

Some people tell me I need to wear footwear while driving. I don't know of any laws in HTA that mention footwear. I have asked several offices as well and have been told they are not aware of any specific law.
    Am I free to go barefoot ?

Thanks
    badass tj " Hey bro I would really like 2 grab tht rear end."

Time Online: 1 Mth 6 Days 7 Hrs 49 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 59 Secs
    One of those "urban myths". There is no law that prohibits driving while bearfoot.

Might want to at least keep some socks on or something in the winter though......LOL
    Opinions expressed are those of the author, accuracy of information posted cannot be guaranteed. These opinions in no way represent the OPP, any other Police Department or Police Officer.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Time Online: 3 Wks 2 Days 10 Hrs 59 Mins 46 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 56 Secs
    But if you do say take off the flip flops best to keep them out from under the pedals. Only common sense but people do forget.Can't think of it but their is a possible offence is their not?
    DD 97 TJ After a 92YJ Putting back together 86CJ7 Still got parts from 78 CJ7Miss my 46 CJ2A
    OF4WD # 6900 I have kleptomania,But when it gets bad,I take something for it.

Corduroy pillows are making headlines!

Quote Originally Posted by glenorky kid View Post
    But if you do say take off the flip flops best to keep them out from under the pedals. Only common sense but people do forget.Can't think of it but their is a possible offence is their not?
    Not sure exactly what you're asking.... If you're talking about things getting caught under your pedals, that could apply to just about anything you have rolling around on the floor. Definitely a concern..if you're taking the flip flops off, put them away somewhere safe! Not sure what offence you're talking about though.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Time Online: 1 Wk 3 Days 13 Hrs 4 Mins 46 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 52 Secs
    my brother inlaw got charged with this approx 15 yrs ago coming back from the beach, so maybe laws have changed

Time Online: 1 Mth 5 Days 10 Hrs 18 Mins 33 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 55 Secs
    I wouldn't drive my Jeep Barefoot, the Floor boards get hot enough to cook an egg!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep79 View Post
    my brother inlaw got charged with this approx 15 yrs ago coming back from the beach, so maybe laws have changed
    Got charged with what exactly?

I'd be interested in finding out, because I have never heard of this. I know I have never seen the charge personally. I know for sure there is nothing in the Highway Traffic Act about it.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ReversePhase View Post
    I wouldn't drive my Jeep Barefoot, the Floor boards get hot enough to cook an egg!
    LOL good point! I know mine used to get hot even when wearing shoes!

My Mood
    Cynical
    Time Online: 3 Wks 2 Days 10 Hrs 59 Mins 46 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 56 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by ON OFFroad View Post
    Not sure exactly what you're asking.... If you're talking about things getting caught under your pedals, that could apply to just about anything you have rolling around on the floor. Definitely a concern..if you're taking the flip flops off, put them away somewhere safe! Not sure what offence you're talking about though.
    Anything in general ,used the flip flops as an eg.(footware thread) lol Im thinking of maybe unsafe operation of motor vehicle maybe if you had things rolling around ? It's a stretch but maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by glenorky kid View Post
    Anything in general ,used the flip flops as an eg.(footware thread) lol
    Ahhhh ok, good safety tip! LOL