Thread: 2012 rubi/Sahara ????

Time Online: 1 Day 4 Hrs 57 Mins 56 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Secs

2012 rubi/Sahara ????

Guys I'm still stuck here trying to decide what I want. There are 2 that I'm debating between right now.
    Pls keep in mind it's going to be a daily driver. Eventually I'd like to do a 3" lift with possibly 35's.
    I'll list the main options on the rubi and the Sahara I'm interested in and you can tell me which is a better deal

2012 rubi (crush)
    6 speed manual
    Dark grey leather interior
    Heated seats
    Connectivity group
    Heated mirrors
    Dual top group( unpainted top/fenders)
    Quick order 23R
    Sirius radio
    A/c
    Power locks/windows
    (and whatever else a rubi comes with)

2012 sahara (black)
    Auto
    dark saddle leather interior
    Connectivity group
    730N navigation
    Auto temp control
    Dual top group ( painted top/fenders)
    Sirius radio
    Trailer tow pkg
    Remote starter

Guys I feel like I got decent quotes on both of these. Just preference now. I love the Sahara options and the dark saddle int. the rubi also has leather and I prefer manual and it's a rubi. Roughly how much would you guys pay for each with these options?

Time Online: 3 Wks 4 Days 2 Hrs 55 Mins 54 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 3 Secs
    If your going to wheel it then go for the rubi.
    09 Rubicon Unlimited
    RK 3.5 lift on 37" Toyos
    Lots of other stuff

OF4WD #6644

Time Online: 3 Days 9 Hrs 15 Mins 54 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 16 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepin View Post
    Guys I'm still stuck here trying to decide what I want. There are 2 that I'm debating between right now.
    Pls keep in mind it's going to be a daily driver. Eventually I'd like to do a 3" lift with possibly 35's.
    I'll list the main options on the rubi and the Sahara I'm interested in and you can tell me which is a better deal

2012 rubi (crush)
    6 speed manual
    Dark grey leather interior
    Heated seats
    Connectivity group
    Heated mirrors
    Dual top group( unpainted top/fenders)
    Quick order 23R
    Sirius radio
    A/c
    Power locks/windows
    (and whatever else a rubi comes with)

2012 sahara (black)
    Auto
    dark saddle leather interior
    Connectivity group
    730N navigation
    Auto temp control
    Dual top group ( painted top/fenders)
    Sirius radio
    Trailer tow pkg
    Remote starter

Guys I feel like I got decent quotes on both of these. Just preference now. I love the Sahara options and the dark saddle int. the rubi also has leather and I prefer manual and it's a rubi. Roughly how much would you guys pay for each with these options?
    Do yourself a favour and get the Rubi, if/when you go off roading you will love it
    2007 stock JKU Rubicon

LugNutz is offline President of Post Whore Guild
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 6 Days 9 Hrs 16 Mins 39 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 8 Secs
    If your gonna wheel it and only plan on 3in and 35's get a Rubi, if you think you'll eventually go bigger, save your money and by a base model for much less and put real axles under it.

Auto Temp Control? Thats what the soft top is for

Leather in a Jeep? Ever plan on having the top down on sunny days, get used to skin graphs.
    You never truly know your limits until you exceed them....

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 6 Days 15 Hrs 34 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 44 Secs
    Keep in mind that if you upgrade your axles, the Rubi axles will fetch more than the Sahara axles. And you'll also eventually want to upgrade your t-case (sooner on the Sahara I imagine). I bought my Rubi 3+ years ago and I've been happy with the 2" BB and 32" tires... I've been happy with my Rubi since day one.

That being said, if I were to buy a Jeep to build and wheel well into the future, I'd start with a lower priced "sport" model and spend the savings on extras... but at no point would it be a daily driver.
    OF4WD Member # 5887

Quote Originally Posted by craveneh View Post
    You`d be surprised what your capable of when your balls are not in someones purse
    For Sale:
    Tan Rear Seat - 2004 TJ | Rear Seat Belt Assembly - Complete

Coming Soon:
    American Racing 172s | Jeep TJ Mopar Add-a-trunk | Roller fairlead + cable | TJ Liftgate Spare Tire Mount w/ Centre Stop-Light | Rubi D44 Factory Diff Cover

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 1 Yr 5 Mths 2 Wks 1 Day 11 Hrs 25 Mins 17 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 43 Mins 36 Secs
    unless you plan on massive upgrades get the Rubi. It will work well now and into the future. The Sahara will leave you wanting more and it will cost you in the long run to get there.

Also consider a Rubi auto if you are looking at 2012 as they offer better gear ratios then the stick. With the auto rubi you can run 35s without feeling the need to regear.
    2010 JK Unlimited Sahara, rubi axles, 35" duratracs, OME lift: Written off, RIP.
    2006 LJ Rubicon Lots of stuff from TMR installed by CT Motorsports (see profile if you want to know) project once more with feeling
    Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    Listen to the wise Drizit
    Hey he said it not me.
    There Must have been a time when we could have said no.

Time Online: 3 Wks 2 Days 10 Hrs 57 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 55 Secs
    Im running a 2012 Sport with 3.73 and 35 Procomp Xterrains and a 6 speed manual...I feel no need to re-gear with this set up. The new engine handles the power a lot different than the 3.8L. Maybe consider getting the 3.73 ratio. Also PM'd about getting you a vehicle!
    2012 Wrangler (Bright White)

Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 2 Days 14 Hrs 12 Mins 48 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 49 Secs
    Personally for a daily driver that doubles as a weekend wheeler I would get a Rubi Auto with the 4.10 gears so that the 35's would work well later on. After wheeling a stick for many years, there are definite advatages to an auto, and it's much nicer in traffic. But ultimately it's your money.

So let me get this straight. 2012 rubi's (manual) don't come with 4.10's????

My Mood
    Devilish
    Time Online: 7 Mths 2 Wks 1 Hr 28 Mins 56 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 18 Mins 25 Secs
    If you have the money to get the rubi I'd go for it! I have a Sahara and love it but wish I would have gotten the rubi!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepin View Post
    So let me get this straight. 2012 rubi's (manual) don't come with 4.10's????
    In fact no 2012 rubis come standard with 4.10s its a $75 option.

K how about the Nav? If I go aftermarket, say mygig will it work like the oem system. Sirius radio, nav and all the other goodies??? Sorry I know it's not for everyone but I'd like to have one in my jeep

Time Online: 2 Days 2 Hrs 14 Mins 9 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Secs
    Like everyone else says, go with the rubi if u plan on wheeling it. If u don't, u will wish you did. I have a 12 jkur with auto and 4:10's and they are geared alot lower. I rev close to 2500 at 100km,andhave not been able to get below 12L/100k yet, still under 2000km though so hope it gets better. I'm thinking this will work really good when i get 35's on though. If u are going to use as your primary DD and are not really serious about 35's, maybe the 4:10's are not for u. I like the mygig factory radio, i got the 730, load all my mp3's on the HD and no cd's, ever!! The connectivity works perfect with my ipad and ipod, bluetooth and plugged into the console plugs. Phone uconnect works good too. The factory gps is not as good as others that are cheaper, but it does what i want and there is no other devices in my limited cabin space, and no wires.
    Everyone will put there spin on what they like, thats why there is many different options, different strokes different folks.
    On the above 2 jeeps, if u don't mind the standard, get the rubi. Buy a gps and another stereo if u want or just buy an ipod and put all your music on it. Will still be way less then the factory 730. Heated seats let u tour topless and be comfy on the cool mornings or evenings. Then u will never be trying to crawl up that hill in front of your friends thinking " wish i would have got the rubi"!!!!!
    2012 deep cherry red, JKU Rubi, auto, 4:10, 730n, wurx aggression front bumper

Time Online: 1 Wk 2 Days 9 Hrs 36 Mins 37 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 46 Secs
    dont go with the rubi for the price difference you can get a lot of up grades better then the rubi for that price

My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by buck11 View Post
    dont go with the rubi for the price difference you can get a lot of up grades better then the rubi for that price
    I'd love to see your math on this. The difference between a Rubin and Sahara is about $3000 so let's look at the upgrades to match it. 2 selectable lockers arbs ~$1000 each, gear sets ~$300 each, install $1000-1500 for the pair. 4-1 tcase atlas ~$3000+ and you still have a d30 front, figure on a few thousand more for a front axle to match... I think the rubi is good value for money. Plus if you sell Sahara axles plan on getting under a grand... sell Rubicon axles and you can expect 3k+ if you hold out for it. That gets you your money back if you upgrade and you still get to keep the sway bar and tcase.

Guys thanks for all your input. I'm going to look at a few more this weekend and decide.
    Has anyone upgraded their stock Sirius radio to another NAV type of system??? The upgraded systems that jeep offers like the 730N/430N are pricy. Anything out there from either mygig or another brand that would offer the same options as the jeep system??
    If so which ones and how pricey are they?

My Mood
    Devilish
    Time Online: 2 Wks 1 Day 17 Hrs 10 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 17 Secs
    [thread]Rubi[/thread]

Time Online: 6 Days 13 Hrs 35 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 32 Secs
    Having a 2012 Rubi, i'd vote Rubi. Go to Chrysler and build and price one with what options you want. You should come to around $39K. There is $3K incentive right now so let's take that out of play so it would be $42K. Plus tax plus admin fee would be close to $48K. To your what should you pay question the dealer invoice (cost) (it's not really their cost due to volume rebates, etc.) is around 92% of the $42K. $42K times 92% = $38.6K. You should pay around $38.6K plus $500 "profit" for the dealer plus tax plus NO admin fee (the admin fee is just another way of them collecting profit). That's $38.6K plus $500 plus 13% equals $44K. The incentive comes off this number (the incentive comes from Chrysler NOT the dealer) so you would be a bit under $41K after subtracting the incentive and the tax. There are sales people now who will show you the dealer cost invoice and ask how much over you want to pay. If one doesn't show it to you ask to see it. Find a dealer that is more interested in moving vehicles than profiting on vehicles (they make most of there money on parts and service anyway). If you are buying something off the lot you'll probably get a better deal in the last week of the month as such a dealer has more incentive to move vehicles. If you have the patience to wait 3 months order what you want with the options you want. Personally, if you are looking for a fully loaded vehicle, i'd throw the money at the electronics and not the coloured roof and fenders (scratched black fenders from rocks and trees are better), remote start or automatic temperature control. Just remember if you order a vehicle you have signed a contract and are legally obligated to pay the balance and take delivery. Also, a dealer that thinks they are going to get the service (i.e. one closer to house or work) has more incentive to sell at a lower price. So get some quotes from dealers further away before approaching that dealer.

Time Online: 1 Wk 2 Days 9 Hrs 36 Mins 37 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 46 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizit View Post
    I'd love to see your math on this. The difference between a Rubin and Sahara is about $3000 so let's look at the upgrades to match it. 2 selectable lockers arbs ~$1000 each, gear sets ~$300 each, install $1000-1500 for the pair. 4-1 tcase atlas ~$3000+ and you still have a d30 front, figure on a few thousand more for a front axle to match... I think the rubi is good value for money. Plus if you sell Sahara axles plan on getting under a grand... sell Rubicon axles and you can expect 3k+ if you hold out for it. That gets you your money back if you upgrade and you still get to keep the sway bar and tcase.

Good point for some reason i had it stuck in my head there was about a 10k difference

My Mood
    Twisted
    there used to be. Back in mod 09 at least when I bought my Sahara there was. By the time it was delivered 6months later the deference was gone.