Thread: WARNING: Ask a SAVE Officer Forum

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Time Online: 11 Mths 3 Wks 21 Hrs 35 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 29 Mins 1 Sec

WARNING: Ask a SAVE Officer Forum

The Forum has been active for approximately 2 weeks and during that short time we have deleted nearly 50 posts for not following the rules of the section. I would like to take this opportunity to remind everybody of the rules:

1. There will be absolutely no bashing of any law enforcement officer.

2. The threads are to remain in a question and answer style. If you have a question, start a new thread. If your question is related to, or to clarify, an existing question then feel free to continue that thread. The threads are not opinion for discussion of the officer's answer, nor are they open for a user's opinion or belief of what the answer is or should be. If you wish to have a discussion regarding a thread/question/the officer's answer, you may do so by starting a new thread in the Off Topic Forum.

3. The officer's answers are his opinion of the given question/situation, based on his years of experience in law enforcement as he would understand and apply the varied legislation that would apply. He will not respond to questions asking what another officer has done or might do.

4. The officer has a regular job, he is not able to be here to answer your questions at all times of the day/night. If you ask a question, it will be answered, it might take a few days or a week, but he will answer it. Give him some time, he may have to do some research if the question is not directly related to his expertise. He does have a lot of contacts in related fields that he can field the questions to if he is not able to give the best possible answer. These are things he will do before answering.

5. Please, make use of this section, JeepKings.ca is very fortunate to have a contact in the community like this who is willing to help us out in this way.

Now that the rules have been outlined again, I would like to add that this is the last warning for all users. As we go forward, further failure to follow the rules will result in site infractions being given out. The infractions will range from an official warning noted on your profile up to and including being banned from JeepKings.ca.
    His ---> 04 LJ - 4.0L, Auto ɹnoɟ pɐǝɹʇǝɹ
    Hers ---> 75 Renegade Project - 304 V8, T15 3 speed uoıʇɐıɔossɐ ʎq pɐǝɹʇǝɹ

Time Online: 2 Mths 18 Hrs 57 Mins 48 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins
    based on his years of experience in law enforcement i guess we can all use his expertise when your at court , the officer said ?

Time Online: 1 Mth 6 Days 7 Hrs 49 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 59 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by stach1 View Post
    based on his years of experience in law enforcement i guess we can all use his expertise when your at court , the officer said ?
    As a matter of fact, you can't really use what I post here for your defence in Court. It is called heresay, and unfortunately I would not be able to attend to testify on everyone's behalf.

What I post here though, you can certainly use as a starting point to conduct your own research to make you better informed when giving your own defence.

I hope this clears it up.....and thanks again for all your support!
    Opinions expressed are those of the author, accuracy of information posted cannot be guaranteed. These opinions in no way represent the OPP, any other Police Department or Police Officer.

Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Wks 14 Hrs 50 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Mins 6 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by ON OFFroad View Post
    As a matter of fact, you can't really use what I post here for your defence in Court.
    So the opinions expressed in this thread by the SAVE OFFICER are no different then asking any Joe-Blow at Tim Hortons, Esso, Wal-Mart, etc the same question and getting a reply?

Time Online: 2 Wks 2 Days 5 Hrs 49 Mins 30 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 20 Secs
    Yes there is a differance. The Officer is using years of experience to answer your questions. As for court, unless the person who told you what ever, is in court to repeat it, it is heresay and not admissable.
    Been there!
    '88 Wagoneer, 4.0, Auto, 6.5" longarm lift, Locked rear, on 33x12.5x15. '95 Grand Cherokee,(wifes) 4.0, Auto, 3.5" Tuff Country on 32" BFG M/Ts. '95 YJ, 2.5, AX5, 2" spring & 2" body, riding on 33s. More to come.
    Member of
    4-Lo Offroad, 4Wildrides
    OF4wd #5896

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 6 Days 15 Hrs 34 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 45 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Impact View Post
    So the opinions expressed in this thread by the SAVE OFFICER are no different then asking any Joe-Blow at Tim Hortons, Esso, Wal-Mart, etc the same question and getting a reply?
    You have to also consider that in some situations the law isn't always cut-n-dry. Ticketable offenses are also sometimes up to the discretion of the officer. In those cases, there is NO WAY that OnOffRoad can speak for every cop across Ontario. In those cases, you'll have to rely on the Officer's opinion. After numerous years on the force, I'll take his opinion over that of a Joe-Blow.

He has also often cited the Highway Traffic Act, and other acts in order to answer many of our questions. He has far more experience with these laws than many of us and although the laws are available to the public, the officer can probably find them quicker and gets us started with a bit less effort.

Then there's stuff that only a SAVE officer would know. Stuff that deals with our sport when we're out on the trails. This information is INVALUABLE!

So no, not like asking any Joe-Blow at Timmie, Esso or Wal-Mart.
    Last edited by Engineer Joe; 06-23-2012 at 09:26 AM.
    OF4WD Member # 5887

Quote Originally Posted by craveneh View Post
    You`d be surprised what your capable of when your balls are not in someones purse
    For Sale:
    Tan Rear Seat - 2004 TJ | Rear Seat Belt Assembly - Complete

Coming Soon:
    American Racing 172s | Jeep TJ Mopar Add-a-trunk | Roller fairlead + cable | TJ Liftgate Spare Tire Mount w/ Centre Stop-Light | Rubi D44 Factory Diff Cover