Avg. Time Online: 12 Mins 49 Secs
    [QUOTE=puzzel;1268125]this is the reason why i always suggest
    a new rider to go and take a spin on a dirt bike in the sand somewhere
    go borrow a dirt bike for a couple of weekends
    learn how to get off the bike if you dump it
    you can also learn or get the feeling for what it
    feels like when the bike is going to high side or was
    out

my wifes xt225 is a great starter bike i have hit 130km on it and i'm 210lbs if you could borrow or try something like that it would be good ..a ttr230 is the same bike just trail rated the xt is a duel sport
    i have a piped and jetted, blue plated wr450 if you get the chance to ride one like this just slap your self in the face it will hurt less .this will still lift the front wheel at 140km ..

Time Online: 4 Days 43 Mins 54 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 19 Secs
    I would not worry about hight and weight of the bike I am 5' 4" and just over 120 and have no proplems with my 600 sort bike.. and have never had any proplems with bikes from 125 dirt to 1000 sport bikes only bike i would not ride with out lowering it is a gold wing.. as long as the bike is up right you can balance it at a stop on just you big toes and onece its moving it will seam even ligther... and as for lowering kits be careful as most cheap kits will cause handling proplems.. to lower i bike properly is very expsensive.. I have riden bikes that have been lowered with "over the counter" lowering kits and they do not handle as well and can even be harder to ride than a stock bike...

Time Online: 1 Wk 4 Days 11 Hrs 2 Mins 58 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 56 Secs
    Update: I wrote my M1 on Monday and passed! Woohoo! I am taking the Learning Curves riding course this weekend. In class portion tomorrow and riding Saturday and Sunday then bike shopping next week!

BTW - Hell really does exist, it's called the Drive Test Centre at Vic Park/Lawrence!
    Last edited by TOYJ; 08-15-2012 at 12:31 PM.
    '02 TJ, 2" body lift, 2" coil spacers, 33"x12.5" Goodyear Duratracs, 15x8 Pro Comp matte black aluminum rims, D30/D35 regeared with 4.56 gears, Bushwacker Flat Fender Flares, Warn Rock Crawler Front Bumper, Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers, hprtech custom rear bumper with swing out tire carrier, 48" Hi-Lift, Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari, Wrap Around Windjammer, Tonneau and trail cover.

"I'm not retarded I just own a Jeep that's all".

My Mood
    Amused
    Time Online: 2 Mths 11 Hrs 48 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 58 Secs
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by TOYJ View Post
    Update: I wrote my M1 on Monday and passed! Woohoo! I am taking the Learning Curves riding course this weekend. In class portion tomorrow and riding Saturday and Sunday then bike shopping next week!

BTW - Hell really does exist, it's called the Drive Test Centre at Vic Park/Lawrence!
    Poster does not represent or warrant the the information accessible via this post is accurate or complete. Except as specifically stated on this post, neither rbjeepthing nor any of his affiliates, will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this post.

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Wks 1 Day 2 Mins 5 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Mins 6 Secs
    Congrats dude!

I'll pass on the same advice my dead ol Dad gave me when i first went on two wheels:

"assume every other driver out there is a ****ing idiot, expect them to try and kill you and be prepared for it"

Be scared of the bike, and never lose the fear, it's the fear that will keep you on yer toes and aware of whats going on around you, thus keeping you alive.
    Strength is nothing more than how well you hide the pain

Yer hot, wet, and extremely satisfying. You always put a smile on my face and yer the first thing i want in my mouth when i wake up....aaaaaahhhhhh Coffee, my only friend.

My Mood
    Dead
    Time Online: 2 Mths 4 Days 2 Hrs 39 Mins 48 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 16 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by TOYJ View Post
    That's where I did my m1 in 07. I see nothing has changed there. When you cash in your M2 find another location it will be worth the drive (or ride).

Congrats! Happy shopping
    I BE GETTING BUILDING ME A REAL JEEP.....

Click here for details.

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 6 Days 15 Hrs 34 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 44 Secs
    Congrats! Sarge gives some good advice there, H.T.A. laws be dammed, the laws of physics are almost always on the other guy's side. Let us know once you get a bike.
    OF4WD Member # 5887

Quote Originally Posted by craveneh View Post
    You`d be surprised what your capable of when your balls are not in someones purse
    For Sale:
    Tan Rear Seat - 2004 TJ | Rear Seat Belt Assembly - Complete

Coming Soon:
    American Racing 172s | Jeep TJ Mopar Add-a-trunk | Roller fairlead + cable | TJ Liftgate Spare Tire Mount w/ Centre Stop-Light | Rubi D44 Factory Diff Cover

Thanks for the kind words and advice! I'll be sure to post pics of the bike I eventually go with.

Vic Park/Lawrence was a gong show! I had to wait 2 1/2 hrs before my number was called! I'll definitely be going somewhere else to get my M2.

I passed my M1 Exit Course this weekend! It's bike shopping time! Woohoo!

Man, it was freakin' hot, I lost 5lbs over the two days from sweating. It was so bad the sweat dripping out of my helmet was black because of the dye in the fabric. It dripped all over the tank and the front of my jacket! It was hot but I'm glad I got it over with.

Time Online: 2 Days 2 Hrs 30 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Secs
    Please DON'T ride a lowered bike.
    Next time you're at Kahuna, feel free to ask me anything...I'm in the shop...happy to help.
    '94 Grand Cherokee Lerado
    7 inches up
    Long arms by STAANG
    NP231
    35" Mudkings
    yadayadayada...

Time Online: 9 Hrs 3 Mins 9 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs
    While at kahuna talk to Norm if he's still there. I ended up at Suzuki only because they don't Carry any.
    Love my gixxer !!
    Gear up and ride safe.
    Whent down early this year at 90 km/h, got up and not a scratch. On me that is / 4k in damage to the bike.

Ugh, I'm about to shoot myself in the head! I found a 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250 with 7,500 km, plasma blue in colour, yoshimura full exhaust, dyno jetted, fender eliminator kit, etc but it's in Ottawa. This bike has all the aftermarket parts I want, it's the colour I want, it's perfect. I call uhaul tonight to book a motorcycle trailer and when she asks me what I am going to use to haul the trailer I tell her a 2002 Jeep TJ and then she asks "is it a hard top?" I say "no, I have the soft top on right now". "Oh, I'm sorry we can't rent the trailer to you unless it's a hard top vehicle, it's a safety issue." WTF!!!!!!! I'd have to drive back to my parents' place in St. Catharines, remove the soft top, put on the hard top, drive back to Toronto, pick up the trailer and drive to Ottawa. I considered renting a mid sized SUV but most rental offices are sold out because of the long weekend and if they do have vehicles I have to rent it for 4 days because they are not open on Sunday when I would be returning the vehicle and Monday is a holiday so I'd have to return it on Tuesday. The rental would cost me over $400. Something in the universe is telling me this bike is not meant to be. So frustrated right now!
    Last edited by TOYJ; 09-01-2012 at 01:03 AM.

My Mood
    Dead
    Did you try the motorcycle limo delivery service?

Also asking a buddy for a landscape trailer? Much cheaper often the cost of some grub and beer.

If I weren't workin I'd road trip for ya.

mugsy is offline Mugsy the Animal Steel-Moderator
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 4 Mths 1 Wk 6 Days 8 Hrs 4 Mins 49 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Mins 57 Secs
    Get someone with a truck to pick it up and bring it to your house and put it on your jeep ( if they ask after the truck broke down)
    my wife (RIP) hated my jeep too so i ran her over with it and now we are both happier (me and the jeep)

RETREAD #13

04 Wrangler, 4" lift and 33's

@lil loco: thanks that's very kind of you

@mugsy: my sister lives in Kanata and she has a Saturn Vue with a trailer hitch but none of the uhaul offices in Ottawa had motorcycle trailers or they closed at Noon, long before I would have made it down there and one was open on Sunday but they didn't have any trailers. It was soooo frustrating.

Anyway, happy ending to this story. I found a couple of 2008 Ninjas in Guelph and Cambridge and I put a deposit down on the one in Cambridge and the guy is delivering it to me tomorrow night. He's a first year university student starting at Waterloo next week and he needed the money for school. It's a black Kawasaki Ninja 250 with 11,000 km on it. HMF carbon fibre exhaust, fender eliminator kit and integrated LED turn signal on the back and comes with the solo seat cowl too. I picked it up for $3,500. It was a few dollars more than I wanted to spend but it had all the aftermarket parts I wanted so I don't have to do anything to it. It was dropped at low speed on the right side so there's some scratches on the right side fairing and two small cracks about an inch and a half each. I'll see if I can post some pics of the bike.
    Last edited by TOYJ; 09-01-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Time Online: 1 Wk 3 Days 18 Hrs 58 Mins 30 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 53 Secs
    Good luck with the bike,
    Remember, rubber side down
    "..cut my deck to the queen of spades,
    but the cards were all the same.."

Here it is!

@Direwolf: I'll try to remember to keep the rubber side down.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0689.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	879.2 KB 
ID:	83503Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0690.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	870.6 KB 
ID:	83504Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0691.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	896.9 KB 
ID:	83505Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0692.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	903.0 KB 
ID:	83506

My Mood
    Dead
    Congrats.

The previous owner's bruises will help confidence.... IMHO the fear of the first scratch is frustrating. My 2000 ninja 250 was mint and it scared me so every bike since must have at least a scuff (I even went full out and bought a writeoff BMW f650gs twin for my current ride)... It was like night and day without worrying about hurting the bike cause it already was.

Glad you got a bike done how you like. 3500$ isn't too bad. They flatline at about 2700$ resale stock so you should be holding value

Just don't forget to check the subframe alignment. Even low speed injuries could tweak it later risking high speed disaster.

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 6 Days 15 Hrs 34 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 44 Secs
    Congrats... Watch out for the drivers and make sure to spend time in a parking lot to get to know the bike. And above all else, don't forget to have fun (note: "have fun" != "be stupid")