Thread: LAST CALL for MasterPull Winch Ropes in support of OF4WD!

120 HARRY WALKER PKWY NORTH, UNIT 2, NEWMARKET ON
    Time Online: 2 Wks 23 Hrs 30 Mins 30 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 14 Secs

LAST CALL for MasterPull Winch Ropes in support of OF4WD!

This is the last call to purchase a green winch line in support of OF4WD! MasterPull is willing to extend the promotion for us, but only for a limited time.

For each 5/16" Rope sold the OF4WD earns $78.77, For each 3/8" Rope sold the OF4WD earns $86.53

Here's the details:

5/16" x 125' Green Rope - $319.95

3/8" x 100' Green Rope - $349.95

The last day to order is Sunday August 19th at CAMP NL!

There are 3 easy ways to order - by phone, in store, or at Camp NL! Order now and show your support for the OF4WD!

TMR CUSTOMS - THE BRANDS YOU WANT FROM THE GUYS YOU TRUST!

120 Harry Walker Pkwy N, Newmarket ON, L3Y 7B2 - www.tmrcustoms.ca - 905 235 8671 - sales@tmrcustoms.com

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 1 Yr 5 Mths 2 Wks 16 Hrs 11 Mins 44 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 43 Mins 40 Secs
    Hey I was just looking at the master pull web site to determine if I need 3/8 or not, they have 3 different series of ropes with different ratings. What series (other then green ) is this one.
    2010 JK Unlimited Sahara, rubi axles, 35" duratracs, OME lift: Written off, RIP.
    2006 LJ Rubicon Lots of stuff from TMR installed by CT Motorsports (see profile if you want to know) project once more with feeling
    Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    Listen to the wise Drizit
    Hey he said it not me.
    There Must have been a time when we could have said no.

Quote Originally Posted by Drizit View Post
    Hey I was just looking at the master pull web site to determine if I need 3/8 or not, they have 3 different series of ropes with different ratings. What series (other then green ) is this one.
    I'd highly recommend the 3/8" for your application. In the first round of green ropes we sold everyone purchased the 3/8".

Breaking strength on the 3/8" is 17 600 LB, breaking strength on the 5/16" is 12 300 LB.

We're running the same rope on our TJ if you wanted to drop by and see the 3/8" size in person.

Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 2 Days 13 Hrs 43 Mins 51 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 50 Secs
    I don't suppose the 3/8 is available in something more than 100'. I would be putting this on my 8274, I'm assuming the 3/8" would be recommended as well? Which of the three Masterpull ropes is this, the Basic, Superline or Superline XD, looks like either of the first two?

Stickybongsmoking is offline Yes, this is gawd damn muthafockling CTD NUT.
    Caistor Centre - Cultural Hub of the universe
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Time Online: 10 Mths 3 Wks 5 Days 42 Mins 45 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 26 Mins 53 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by tealj View Post
    I don't suppose the 3/8 is available in something more than 100'. I would be putting this on my 8274, I'm assuming the 3/8" would be recommended as well? Which of the three Masterpull ropes is this, the Basic, Superline or Superline XD, looks like either of the first two?
    Definitely go with 3/8". 5/16" is not strong enough after the rope begins to degrade a little. Failure rates are way higher with 5/16" on the common 8-9K winch sizes we use. I have 125' of 3/8" rope on my 8274 and it fits easily. I could probably get away with another 10' but I like having a little leeway with drum capacity when doing a side pull where a lot of rope will likely bunch up on one side of the drum. No matter what, 100' of 3/8" is no where near enough - you will be seriously under-using the 8274 drum capacity.
    A Member of:
    New Frontier 4x4 Club
    OF4WD 4928 & 6687

1980 CJ Juggy
    2004 GC 4.7 HO Overland

"Simple, yet functional....like a Sledgehammer"

On the first run of green ropes they only offered us the 2 sizes. I will contact them and see if they will offer a longer size in the 3/8". It's their basic line, it's listed on MasterPull's Amsteel Blue website.

Quote Originally Posted by CTD NUT View Post
    Definitely go with 3/8". 5/16" is not strong enough after the rope begins to degrade a little. Failure rates are way higher with 5/16" on the common 8-9K winch sizes we use. I have 125' of 3/8" rope on my 8274 and it fits easily. I could probably get away with another 10' but I like having a little leeway with drum capacity when doing a side pull where a lot of rope will likely bunch up on one side of the drum. No matter what, 100' of 3/8" is no where near enough - you will be seriously under-using the 8274 drum capacity.
    Good advice on the size, 3/8" is definitely the way to go!

Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 2 Days 13 Hrs 43 Mins 51 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 50 Secs
    Yeah, the drum on the 8274 is large, and I hate not to use it. I figured the 3/8" would be best, considering the 8274 is underrated in my opinion. I had checked out the Masterpull website and that's why I asked about the type as they had three listed, based on price I'd assumed it was basic, but didn't see any green on the site (anything unique about the green). Can you get it with the winch stop thimble too?

Yeah, the drum on the 8274 is large, and I hate not to use it. I figured the 3/8" would be best, considering the 8274 is underrated in my opinion. I had checked out the Masterpull website and that's why I asked about the type as they had three listed, based on price I'd assumed it was basic, but didn't see any green on the site (anything unique about the green). Can you get it with the winch stop thimble too?
    Yes, the green rope is unique because it shows you support land use! We don't make a dime off the green ropes, and the OF4WD gets a great donation on behalf of ourselves and MasterPull!

No on the thimble, these are only offered by MasterPull with the sling hook as pictured above.