Thread: Jeep TJ Questions Lift/Tires/Rims

Time Online: 10 Hrs 58 Mins 26 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Secs

Cool Jeep TJ Questions Lift/Tires/Rims

Hi, I have a stock 2006 Jeep TJ Sport. I found on kijiji 5 33x12.50x15 BF Goodrich All Terrain tires on black aluminum rims with 1 tire/rim brand new for $800.00. Is this a good deal?

Secondly I would need at least a 2" lift for this, so I would appreciate recommendations. I only want to go suspension, and was currently thinking 3" Zone Suspension Lift.

Thirdly will I need wheel spacers?

Any information, reviews or opinions are valid and worthy to me at this point, cheers.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Time Online: 6 Mths 1 Wk 3 Days 8 Hrs 34 Mins 18 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 15 Mins 39 Secs
    $800 as a "deal" would really depend on how much wear is on tires, plugs in tires, cracking, etc.
    You should ask the seller what the back spacing is on the rims. Typically with a wide tire such as this, a back spacing of 3.5 - 3.75" would not require any spacers. Should also confirm bolt hole pattern is 5x4.5" (5x114mm) so they fit your TJ.

The Zone kits seem to be a pretty popular lift due to the price and reviews have been good. My friend has the 4" and has no complaints since installing 2+ years ago.
    1952 Jeep M38 project

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Time Online: 11 Mths 3 Wks 21 Hrs 35 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 28 Mins 56 Secs
    more information is needed...

You ask if the tires are a good deal, but you do not say how much tread is left...

you ask about spacers, but don't list rim width and backspacing...

as for your lift question...zone is a good budget option for somebody wanting a spring lift without spending a lot of money...there are better lifts out there, but they typically cost more...the zone lift will have the basics where the other lifts will include items that would be considered "upgrades" on the zone lift...those "upgrades" can make a big difference in how the lift performs.

you should probably also describe your planned use for the jeep...how much street time/trail time, what kind of trails/wheeling do you want to do, anything else you feel we should know.
    His ---> 04 LJ - 4.0L, Auto ɹnoɟ pɐǝɹʇǝɹ
    Hers ---> 75 Renegade Project - 304 V8, T15 3 speed uoıʇɐıɔossɐ ʎq pɐǝɹʇǝɹ

Time Online: 10 Hrs 58 Mins 26 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Secs
    Thanks fellas. I think I will go with the zone lift then. As for use, I will be doing 75% on road 25% off road. I have so far taken my jeep to sand dunes and mud pits/rivers. I dont plan on rock crawling, but more dirt roads, mudding, sand dunes, easy but typical terrain. The tires are apparently in good condition. No weather cracks, all plugs and still have white lettering with at least 60% tread.