Thread: If you hit an illegaly parked car, do you get charged with something?

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Wks 1 Day 2 Mins 5 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Mins 7 Secs

If you hit an illegaly parked car, do you get charged with something?

...driving along in my automobile, no particular place to go...BOOM smush an illegally parked vehicle. As INS is written in ontario i would be deemed not at fault. However my question is, Could i be charged with something and ifso what.

Thank you for time Mister Officer
    Strength is nothing more than how well you hide the pain

Yer hot, wet, and extremely satisfying. You always put a smile on my face and yer the first thing i want in my mouth when i wake up....aaaaaahhhhhh Coffee, my only friend.

Time Online: 1 Mth 6 Days 7 Hrs 49 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 59 Secs
    If there is a specific charge for that, I can't find it. There are sections though, where the person can be charged, who parked their car obstructing the roadway....
    Opinions expressed are those of the author, accuracy of information posted cannot be guaranteed. These opinions in no way represent the OPP, any other Police Department or Police Officer.

Time Online: 3 Wks 3 Days 20 Hrs 17 Mins 27 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 2 Secs
    I don't know the answer to this but I am a manager for a maintenance company and we had a truck and trailer parked on the no parking side of the road. Had someone run into our trailer. Long story short my employee got a parking ticket and the other person got a careless. This may be a bit different as we had four ways and pylons out.

Cheers

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?d4cbzc

Time Online: 1 Mth 6 Days 7 Hrs 49 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 59 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pan View Post
    I don't know the answer to this but I am a manager for a maintenance company and we had a truck and trailer parked on the no parking side of the road. Had someone run into our trailer. Long story short my employee got a parking ticket and the other person got a careless. This may be a bit different as we had four ways and pylons out.

Cheers

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?d4cbzc

I suppose I should have answered that question more specifically. There is no actual charge for hitting a parked car, but there are MANY that COULD apply, depending on the driving that led up to it.

In your example above, there must have been some driving evidence which led to that charge being laid.

As far as the OP goes, without knowing the specifics, I can only give some examples of the types of things that COULD possibly apply, but again, there is not much info to go on...

Fail to drive in marked lane
    Unsafe lane change
    Improper turn

Off the top of my head....

The section in the HTA regarding the illegal parking is Sec 170. It is FAR too lengthy to post it all here.

Time Online: 2 Days 23 Hrs 26 Mins 50 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 14 Secs
    several years ago there was an incedent in Toronto where a loaded livestock truck drove over the front end of an illegally parked car, however no charges were laid because the no parking sign was laying on the ground due to the worker strike at the time.